Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

#Respect Bhai, You inspired me to play this and I will finish it one day :P Your stats are god like.. only 39 deaths :majesty:

Thanks buddy, Yea you're doing great too, you just beat Phrike and went to biome 2. Just keep it up, the game will test you but the satisfaction in the end will be beyond anything for a gamer. 

I personally think my stats could've been much better than this, I've messed up soooooo many times and game (as you know) won't accept a single f**k up in your hours and hours of run. 

On 6/17/2021 at 12:06 PM, Heaven Angel said:

E3jZQ2OUYAUWI8l?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

Congrats bro! 

Those stats are superb. 

On 6/17/2021 at 12:06 PM, Heaven Angel said:

I think it'll stay downloaded in my PS5 for sometime

I feel like I sold it too soon :P

Want to pick it up again and keep playing. Gameplay is too additive even after putting in 80 hours. 

3 hours ago, hussain said:

I just started this game after finishing blood borne and goddam phirke can go suck a D*** I think I’ve died 39 times already! 

finally did it though. Finally killed him. 

Lol Nice, that's the exact feeling most of them have after killing it.. super super annoying.. The second Boss isn't as annoying I was able to reach to him in 2 runs and then opens a short cut too.. do a good prep and go can easily take him down... I am yet to find proper time to continue this one :samui:.. Soon, Very Soon

1 hour ago, VamosReva said:

Congrats bro! 

Those stats are superb. 

I feel like I sold it too soon :P

Want to pick it up again and keep playing. Gameplay is too additive even after putting in 80 hours. 

Thanks bro.. your stats were great as well. 

I think I'm at 60hrs and I've beaten every bosses for almost 10 times now not to mention the runs I've been doing it's just too amazing, the ciphers and the scout logs are no joke to find. All based on luck even after patches. But I've no regrets just because of the awesome gameplay this game has. You just can't get enough. I've bought RNC digitally but couldn't play after 1st boss, whenever I get time I just play RETURNAL that's it. 

I feel I've got my full money's worth with this game. I'm not deleting this one anytime soon even after the plat. 

Take a moment to appreciate how the game's menu works here. When you click play from PS5 dashboard it just gets you in-game. No menu options, no loading save files, no pressing continue or X to start sh*t. 

I feel other devs should take notes from this. 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Lol Nice, that's the exact feeling most of them have after killing it.. super super annoying.. The second Boss isn't as annoying I was able to reach to him in 2 runs and then opens a short cut too.. do a good prep and go can easily take him down... I am yet to find proper time to continue this one :samui:.. Soon, Very Soon

Was the dude at the base of the mountain the boss? Killing him was super easy

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hussain said:

Was the dude at the base of the mountain the boss? Killing him was super easy

Lol nope, he is a mini Boss... you will know when there is a real Boss fight in this game don't you.. a majestic entry, big health bar which generates 2 more times ;)  in a curated arena 

Edited by Assassins Creed

2 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Lol nope, he is a mini Boss... you will know when there is a real Boss fight in this game don't you.. a majestic entry, big health bar which generates 2 more times ;)  in a curated arena 

When game introduces you with mini bosses it also gives you a curated arena, no multiple health bars tho. 

21 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Getting this for 3200. Worth it? 

Yes, you can sell it back for a decent price if you don’t like it.. 

Just have patience with the game untill you get the mechanics.. it can be beaten.. must experience for PS5 users.. 

• Like 2

Yes, you can sell it back for a decent price if you don’t like it.. 

Just have patience with the game untill you get the mechanics.. it can be beaten.. must experience for PS5 users.. 

Yeah, if someone like me got plat then anybody can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completed few days ago couldn't post because IVG was down, what a phenomenal game. Housemarque has delivered its finest title to date and while it may not be for everyone, there is something special here. Returnal blends elements of shooters, roguelikes, action games, and horror to redefine bullet hell. Replayability is beyond the roof and I'm waiting for DLC's and Returnal 2 or even similar kind of game.

My stats after final boss
E3jZQ2OUYAUWI8l?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E3jZRhWVoAQrdkQ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Last biome is no joke, all the muscle memory is working against you. I still didn't have enough of this game. I think it'll stay downloaded in my PS5 for sometime. Also Plat is on it's way but these time crunches. 

After this I went for no dying run. Reached till biome 5 and died in a challenge room by those sentient severed.

I want to do proper runs like these. 

Godly bro, what aa playa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Really want to get this game, but not sure I will be able to dedicate 60-90 mins at a stretch.

It would have been better if there was a way to continue without loosing process instead of starting over.

I know its supposed to be like this to preserve the way it's meant to be played but unfortunately some of us will miss out on it because of it.

The developer is practically offering the option of pause & resume gameplay via rest mode 

So I don’t think they would have had any problem in save & resume from a design point of view 

I think it’s more to do with the technical side of things as the whole game is procedurally generated & providing a robust point to point save system might not be easy/possible as the system would have to load the exact same content & map that it generated in the last play session 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think it’s more to do with the technical side of things as the whole game is procedurally generated & providing a robust point to point save system might not be easy/possible as the system would have to load the exact same content & map that it generated in the last play session 

Nope. The way procedural games work is they randomly generate a "seed" which is just a number.

Then everything thats generated is based on that number. Its very easy to recreate a procedural world just by saving the seed. There are many games that allow you to even share the seed with others so that more than one person can experience the exact same world. 

See: https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/gaming/best-minecraft-seeds/ 

Edited by dylanjosh

It has more to do with dev's design choice... 

Like others pointed out, the moment you stop running and start facing the hostiles in this game, dying and restarting becomes a moot point. In fact, you'll feel happy that you died because it opens the door for more exciting combos. 

Eventually, they will put out a save system just to attract more people into trying out the game.. they are already working on the update.