Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

2 hours ago, VamosReva said:

This mini boss is so generous... gives one full health vial before facing him. 

And you quickly realize it’s useless :rofl:

LOL yeah. I love how he was just chilling in the background initially.

Gives you all that health only to take it away with just one bitchslap :lol:

• Sad 1

Yeah, I definitely slept on this weapon (and quite a few others as well). Picked it up, fired a few rounds, thought it was no fun and dropped it, never to pick it up again.

Didn't know it could do this much damage. I mean WTF! 

Patch+1.4.1.png?format=1000w

Patch Notes:

Platinum: "Atropian Survival", "Welcome Home", and "Sins of the Mother" Trophies can now be unlocked by replaying the Act 3 ending

Daily Challenge: Fixed a rare issue where players might be unable to complete a Daily Challenge in the Fractured Wastes

Daily Challenge: Fixed an occasional issue with incorrect loot spawning in the Daily Challenge

Fixed an issue which could cause save-game corruption in rare circumstances

Fixed an intermittent visual issue when scanning new items

PATCH LIVE

Finished the game again in order to get the sunface fragments for the secret ending. Killed the bosses as well, though I didn't have to. I think it took me a little more than 6hrs. 

Used the Electropylon Driver and the Rotgland Lobber for the most part in this playthrough and once a few of their traits are upgraded, these things just wreck everything in their path. It felt like I was playing the game on easy difficulty :lol:

• Confused 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:43 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, I definitely slept on this weapon (and quite a few others as well). Picked it up, fired a few rounds, thought it was no fun and dropped it, never to pick it up again.

Didn't know it could do this much damage. I mean WTF! 

so, RNG gods is not a thing. You need to step out of your comfort zone and try new weapons 

46 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Finished the game again in order to get the sunface fragments for the secret ending. Killed the bosses as well, though I didn't have to. I think it took me a little more than 6hrs. 

Used the Electropylon Driver and the Rotgland Lobber for the most part in this playthrough and once a few of their traits are upgraded, these things just wreck everything in their path. It felt like I was playing the game on easy difficulty :lol:

The Pylon driver is the safest weapon in the game... works against most of the enemy types.... but it isn’t exciting to use. Feels too safe. 

My personal favorite is Coilspine Shredder upgraded to level 3 or Hollowseeker with portal beam on any level. 

1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

so, RNG gods is not a thing. You need to step out of your comfort zone and try new weapons 

Yeah, if you are thorough and mindful in your prep and don't rush through the game, there is very little that can stop you. The game gives you plenty of sh*t to survive.

You get some really powerful weapons in biome 6 too. It is then when you realize that Ophion, the final boss, is just a little bitch waiting to be slapped around.

40 minutes ago, Vamos said:

The Pylon driver is the safest weapon in the game... works against most of the enemy types.... but it isn’t exciting to use. Feels too safe. 

I thought the same initially too, but I had a lot of fun with it. I loved that its playstyle was so different from that of the Hollowseeker, which was my most used weapon in the first playthrough.

But yeah, it's probably not the weapon to use if a challenge is what you're looking for.

44 minutes ago, Vamos said:

My personal favorite is Coilspine Shredder upgraded to level 3 or Hollowseeker with portal beam on any level. 

I only got to use the Coilspine Shredder in a daily challenge and thought it was f**king awesome! Sadly, I only ever came across it once in the main game and didn't pick it up :\

Tested out the Dreadnought and the Pyroshell Caster as well and from what little I played, they seemed to be powerful and fun too.

• Like 1

Man, the weapons in this game are so f**king awesome! They really make repeat playthroughs feel fresh and fun.

Was using the Thermogenic Launcher with the full-auto trait today and I actually started feeling bad for some of the enemies. I mean I was pretty much raining down death on those sorry assholes with a f**king full-auto rocket launcher :lol:

And the Coilspine Shredder is a beast of a railgun! Lining up charged shots and then quickly performing a successful overload is so satisfying.

12 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

All these awesome weapons from Biome 4 onwards? :samui:

I think it depends on RNG. But from my experience, the chances of finding these weapons in the first Act (biomes 1-3) are probably quite low.

IIRC I did get the Thermogenic Launcher for the first time in biome 3, but I never saw its full-auto trait until today.

As for the Coilspine Shredder, I only ever saw it once in my first 2.5 playthroughs and it was in Biome 6. I personally wouldn't risk picking up this weapon in my first playthrough though. It needs some getting used to, as well as some upgrading. But you can go for it if you're confident :P

IMO, the best weapon for the first playthrough is the Electropylon Driver. It's f**king OP and I think it shows up in the first 3 biomes as well. Don't ignore it like I did.

After having completed Act 3 as well though, I'm now finding these weapons all over the place (even in Biome 1).

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 12:44 AM, Vamos said:

How many Ciphers and Scout logs are remaining in Biome 1? 

They are never inside locked doors (that require atropian keys). No need to search them.

Found the 9th Cipher in Biome 1 inside an Atropian key door, I had to go two more blue doors inside that and found there.. I am seeing red lava doors appear in B1 as well.. so the last ones may be behind it ? 

Meanwhile getting a*s kicked in Biome 3, yet to reach the Boss.. The Mini boss is so annoying :samui: and 10 red flying things which has random attacks along with him :cry:

28 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Found the 9th Cipher in Biome 1 inside an Atropian key door, I had to go two more blue doors inside that and found there.. I am seeing red lava doors appear in B1 as well.. so the last ones may be behind it ? 

Oh sh*t.. 

Maybe it was changed after the latest patch ?

And yes, the last one is definitely behind that red lava door. 

29 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

The Mini boss is so annoying :samui: and 10 red flying things which has random attacks along with him :cry:

Those drones are a real pain in the a*s. ?

One thing that always worked for me, don’t dash when you fight drones. Just keep running in one direction as you shoot and turn back when you hit a wall, repeat. 

If it’s too much, it’s always an option to run away from that room... they will follow you only until you go past a door. 

• Like 1

Do you guys still think that there shouldn't be a save system? It sounds like too high a penalty for folks with things to do. Enough roguelites/likes have the feature even if their runs are shorter. Savescumming is harder than ever anyway since we can't backup saves via USB now. And even then, its a single player game. IDC if someone cheats and I don't understand how it affects anyones experience if someone did but being barred from longer playthroughs because I don't have longer periods to play at a time sounds unfair. PS: I am liking the game so far FWIW. Got to Biome 3 today.

11 hours ago, muchwow said:

Do you guys still think that there shouldn't be a save system?

Nah, there definitely should be a 'save and quit' option. Not having it is just a weird way of gating people based on how much free time they have :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

These are cheap tactics to make games harder and longer than they actually are. Save system should have been there since its an SP game.

Its not a linear SP game, its Rogue like for  a reason, I don't think they are looking/asking for everyone to play it.. I actually saw initial trailers again and it was made clear its rogue like from get go.. It comes with a lot of frustration but there is loads of fun too, unless you play you won't know it..

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

Its not a linear SP game, its Rogue like for  a reason, I don't think they are looking/asking for everyone to play it.. I actually saw initial trailers again and it was made clear its rogue like from get go.. It comes with a lot of frustration but there is loads of fun too, unless you play you won't know it..

Yeah but roguelikes do have a save and quit system