Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

8 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

umm, waiting to play Hades and see how different that is.. In this game, me personally don't need it.. I didn't survive a lot after killing the boss :rofl: :samui:

Played a bit yesterday on PC. Can save when you clear a chamber. Since I just started, they were quite easy & manageable.  

I think they are not providing Save & Quit for technical reasons 

no other reason why it shouldn’t be part of the game if it’s providing you only the rest mode benefits 

Maybe they don’t want ppl to rage quit out of a tight situation when they are just about to die but haven’t really died yet 

It would be next to impossible to boot up the game in the exact same frame where you are dying & your nemesis is right on top of your head to deal the final blow

They might need to remove the pause feature to prevent that sort of cheez from happening & then ppl will again crib 

I think it’s best left to the developer to decide what’s best for their vision 

& it’s not like they misled us in anyway 

it was made clear from the get go what this will be about  

54 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think it’s best left to the developer to decide what’s best for their vision 

& it’s not like they misled us in anyway 

it was made clear from the get go what this will be about

This.

As much as I hate it personally, it was made clear in the beginning this is what the game will be. So...

1 minute ago, Aloy said:

Everytime the game or the OS gets an update I read posts on the net "RIP Returnal runs". Hilarious stuff:lol:

Yeah I see that reply now whenever new FW is out. Returnal sleep mode turned into a meme.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aloy said:

Everytime the game or the OS gets an update I read posts on the net "RIP Returnal runs". Hilarious stuff:lol:

Yeah, you're better off just not putting the game on rest mode for too long. I once did and was greeted with some terrible frame drops (a lot worse than the usual) when I got back to the game.

I'm discovering a cool new weapon trait every other day. Get the Auxiliary Projectiles trait on the Pyroshell Caster and you don't even have to aim properly anymore :lol:

Wonder what this trait would be like upgraded to level 3.

• Confused 1

Congrats! ?

9 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

rarely ever (pretty much never) go for plats, but this game's combat is so f**king good that I just couldn't stop playing :lol:

This so true! 

The only reason i kept playing even after beating the game. 
The combat is f**king addictive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The fact that the hardest trophies in the game are completely RNG based is bullshit! But I have to admit that if it weren't for those trophies, I probably wouldn't have seen half the awesome weapon traits that the game has.

I rarely ever (pretty much never) go for plats, but this game's combat is so f**king good that I just couldn't stop playing :lol:

Final stats:

Superb man ! Kudos to you !!

You still have only 30 deaths :panic:

Meanwhile me still in B3 with 60 or 70 deaths :rofl: :cry:

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:43 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Brooooo, Electropylon Driver was a life saver.. f**k what a night I had with the game 3 Biomes in a Row, Full Blessings from RNG Gods :wub:

Finished Nemesis after endless dying from last week.. I don’t know if the game got glitched but see the video, Although I was well prepped and my health is just generating itself, I had a parasite which auto repairs at low integrity.. god knows if it cross breaded with a vial. I just got Lucky and there was no turning back..

It was almost 12:30 but didn’t stop.. went and did Biome 4 in single run without deaths.. Thanks to the Driver weapon and momentum.. just cheesed everything and even Boss felt easy without much Prep..

1:30 am, no stopping… Finished Biome 5 as well… The challenging room was f**king Fun with the driver

Spoiler

Realised Biome 5 had no Boss but the challenge room made up for it

Biome 6 as well finished till that deep dive and went to an area which I knew what exactly it was, Encountered multiple Mini Bosses and finally died after 3 hour run..

Damn the weapons in B4 and later are f**king insane.. I love Hollo seeker and seeing level 25s I was just drooling.. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Brooooo, Electropylon Driver was a life saver.. f**k what a night I had with the game 3 Biomes in a Row, Full Blessings from RNG Gods :wub:

Wait till you upgrade it some more. The enemies won't stand a chance :lol:

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Finished Nemesis after endless dying from last week.. I don’t know if the game got glitched but see the video, Although I was well prepped and my health is just generating itself, I had a parasite which auto repairs at low integrity.. god knows if it cross breaded with a vial. I just got Lucky and there was no turning back..

It could be a glitch or it could be a combo between that 'auto-repair at low integrity' parasite and some other artifact. Either way, the health regeneration seems to be extremely minute and negligible. Awesome work, dude!

4 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

It was almost 12:30 but didn’t stop.. went and did Biome 4 in single run without deaths.. Thanks to the Driver weapon and momentum.. just cheesed everything and even Boss felt easy without much Prep..

Biome 6 as well finished till that deep dive and went to an area which I knew what exactly it was, Encountered multiple Mini Bosses and finally died after 3 hour run..

I think you'll be able to wrap up the first playthrough in a session or two more. The final boss becomes a joke with the kind of weapons you get in B6. Now go show him who's the real final boss :smokey:

• Haha 1

Just now, Channu said:

This.... tell me more pls :unsure:

I have shelved the game but on and off feeling like giving it a go again 

You should, I shelved it completely when R&C dropped and picked it up again.. Happy to walk through a run with you and get you going.. Add me on PSN we can set up some time.. ID under my dp..

• Like 1

Congrats bro ??

8 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Haven't been so addicted to any game as this one, even though it breaks you so much if you are failing at it.. it gets you back.. a sweet pain indeed

This is so true. 

Hopefully more people can experience this. The hook this game has is unreal. 

• Like 1