Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

Just gave a spin without worrying collectibles, 1 2 3 Biomes in a row.. sooo sooo peaceful and so much OP lol :devil:

Just before Nemesis

PS-App-20210727-012411.jpg

For those who still on Bench, its time to jump into the game

Biome 3 challenge room, f**kers caused my whole run last time.. this time its just a joke :rofl:

And finally I am saying good bye to this masterpiece.. untill the next one from Housemarque :sadbye:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

And finally I am saying good bye to this masterpiece.. untill the next one from Housemarque :sadbye:

One of the reasons I sold this is because I was spending too much time with it. 

The addiction is real :ko:

Never put in nearly 80 hours in such a short time. 

Finally defeated the first boss. This was a OP run. By the time I reached the boss, I had +30% weapon damage, -3s Alt cooldown, level 6 weapon, level 6 proficiency, proficiency rate +175% and integrity upgraded to level 5 or something. Over and above this, I had astronaut figurine and one Silphium Vial. :rofl:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

:punk: Killing the first one definitely something, next Boss ain't super tough except stage 3...

I haven't died after killing the first boss. I think I am very near the second boss and have collected so much obolite. Are there any fabricators in biome 2?

5 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

I haven't died after killing the first boss. I think I am very near the second boss and have collected so much obolite. Are there any fabricators in biome 2?

Yes, go for the kill.. Fabricator room is there in every Biome 

In case you die, Boss 2 will get a short cut 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

There's a guaranteed fabricator room in each biome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Yes, go for the kill.. Fabricator room is there in every Biome 

In case you die, Boss 2 will get a short cut 

Found it.

Cleared Biome 2 and boss in a single try without even dying once. I have got good so many bonuses right now which makes dispatching enemies so easy, usually 2-3 hits. Even the second boss was able to reduce my health only by half.

If I close the game now, will I lose all bonuses and weapon?

Edited by TheMonark
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

If I close the game now, will I lose all bonuses and weapon?

Yeah. But you could put your console on rest mode without exiting from the game to resume your run later.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Thanks 1

The golden run ended in Biome 3, very near to the boss room as I could see the boss door. In this run, I had:

• ~250% of the original health
  • 20% protection
  • 30% weapon damage
  • -5s alt cool down
  • +35% healing efficiency
  • 15 weapon proficiency
  • Level 12 hollow seeker with 4 bonus damage and 2 traits: Serrated Projectiles and Waves

Got locked up in main/green room with 2 giant robot something, healing tower and 8-10 smaller enemies. The room was too small to run around and dodge. There is one part I still can't figure out. The room had some kind of magnet or grappling hook as it kept pulling me in random direction. I was unable to hide or run away.

Btw, does the difficulty scale with your proficiency level or milestones? Because in Biome 3, I was always getting locked with multiple enemies like 8-10. Once, I got locked with 4 alien creatures that keep teleporting and jumping at you. It was a main room.

Edited by TheMonark

20 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

There is one part I still can't figure out. The room had some kind of magnet or grappling hook as it kept pulling me in random direction. I was unable to hide or run away.

If you mean the grappling hook that those big robots grab you with, then you can dash in any direction to free yourself from it.

14 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

Btw, does the difficulty scale with your proficiency level or milestones? 

I could be wrong but I don't think it does.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iam said:

Didn't wanna be a negative Nancy but biome 3 aisa hi hai. 

It's the hardest biome imo with a long run up to the boss even after unlocking the shortcut. 

The magnet thing is a special power of the big enemies actually. They throw a whip thingy which attracts you to it. It's a good idea to use pillars and shiz to hide from enemy attacks and chip at their health. Also feel free to to farm biome 1 and 2 for max health, etc and just rush past enemies in biome 3. That green room I think is compulsory and can't be rushed past. 

So many great run ended in biome 3 for me. In one run, I was at 255% health and still got spanked there. If its any consolation though, the boss is not that hard. It's confusing but not hard at all with limited attack patterns. 

Thanks. This is helpful. Everything was over in the green room before I could figure out what was happening. I guess, it is time to start the run again with lots of farming.

Just now, iam said:

Btw you need to take out the green pillar first and foremost. Iirc you can grapple up where most enemies can't reach you and destroy the pillar fast. It keeps healing others. Once you destroy it, I think the lockdown also lifts after few seconds and you can run away. 

I destroyed the green pillar. That was the first thing I did. But I think I got overwhelmed and confused with the grapple hook thing and lost my cool.

17 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

I destroyed the green pillar. That was the first thing I did. But I think I got overwhelmed and confused with the grapple hook thing and lost my cool.

Lol yeah, that mini boss is super annoying if you are close to him, I cheesed him so well when I got OP weapons later :devil: 

If you died in that room, you still haven't opened the bridge to the actual Boss.. the green room might be something else when you come next.. My strategy with grappling hook areas is just keep moving and shooting, those shielded turrets can also get annoying..

8 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Bought this game on a whim thinking I'll rage sell in a day or two and ended up finishing it with some respectable stats and it being on the my top 10 games of all time. 

Everything from the level design, enemies, combat, sound design, ost, weapons, everything is literally perfect. Housemarque has entered the league of world class studios like SSM, ND, Insomniac, id software, etc. with this game. Genuinely amazing. 

Like, beating the game felt like an actual f**king achievement. Almost wanted to put it on my CV. Overall, B1-3 are hard mode and B4 onwards, Selene becomes Doom guy just ripping everything apart. Died 31 times in B1-3 and like 4 times in B4-6. 

Here is me fumbling around for the first hour or two. Streamed it. 

Beat the first boss - was relatively easy ngl

Second boss - Biome 2 was a bitch. Was still figuring out the game and had a somewhat hard time with this one. It was so f**king close. Full adrenalin rush. 

Third boss - Biome 3 was the most difficult one for me. So many perfect runs ended here. The boss wasn't difficult just incredibly confusing. 

Fourth boss - Entire biome was too easy because of the insane weapons you get. Boss was also easy as sh*t. Beat it first try I think. 

Final boss - I found B6 to incredibly confusing and was having a hard time with some of the enemies too. Got annoyed in 1 run and just rushed past everyone. Didn't even stop to pick up a weapon. Had a 17 proficiency pylon driver, I think. Just picked up whatever was lying outside the boss room (a pansy hollowseeker) and just went yolo. Didn't have any big boosts or a ton of siphium vials bas kood gaya. Went to 5% health at one point but the siphium the boss drops saved me. Totally crazy sh*t. 

Final stats

11/10 game. Beating a boss feels better than orgasm. Go play it. 

Inspiring 

12 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Bought this game on a whim thinking I'll rage sell in a day or two and ended up finishing it with some respectable stats and it being on the my top 10 games of all time. 

Everything from the level design, enemies, combat, sound design, ost, weapons, everything is literally perfect. Housemarque has entered the league of world class studios like SSM, ND, Insomniac, id software, etc. with this game. Genuinely amazing. 

Like, beating the game felt like an actual f**king achievement. Almost wanted to put it on my CV. Overall, B1-3 are hard mode and B4 onwards, Selene becomes Doom guy just ripping everything apart. Died 31 times in B1-3 and like 4 times in B4-6. 

You should try going for the plat as well if you haven't already. There are some awesome weapon traits, which when upgraded are incredibly fun to use and also add a lot of variety to the gunplay. I didn't even see some of these in my initial couple of playthroughs.

They're totally worth grinding for the plat IMO.