Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

3 hours ago, Channu said:

Couldn't find the sword yet but I've atleast tried, haven't seen @GameAnalyzer even trying, offline since then :D

I mostly play Single Player games on weekend; weekdays don't have desire or strength to play the same damn level again and again; have very little time to play during weekdays after work.

Edited by GameAnalyzer

49 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Motivation is lacking; if you come online and guide us; we would be able to make progress. :P

you should have recorded that day's session ;)  you can definitely do it the way you played it first time and reached the boss.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

you should have recorded that day's session ;)  you can definitely do it the way you played it first time and reached the boss.. 

I tried it one day but I am not able to get the same parasite which gives you health. I also need resources like last time to craft  items for boss fight. 

I played like 3 sessions after that day and have got the worst of all kind of parasites except the good ones on that day. So much so that greedy me died picking one on more than 1 occasion since the malfunction said that 'causes damage when picking up items'. Quite a bit rusty and poorly dexterous to pull it off but nvm gonna retry again today :fear1: 

• Like 1

Guys parasites is complete RNG and its a bonus..one should not rely on it for progress.. if you are in luck you get or forget... For a typical run kill as many as possible, preserve health, buy health pack and go to boss that should be the BAU.. avoid malfunction stuffs initially... 

12 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Guys parasites is complete RNG and its a bonus..one should not rely on it for progress.. if you are in luck you get or forget... For a typical run kill as many as possible, preserve health, buy health pack and go to boss that should be the BAU.. avoid malfunction stuffs initially... 

Adding to above-

don't die.

Anyone else facing the issue where if you return to Phrike after being reconstructed, he no longer respawns? Happened to me twice and I had to restart my run both times. 12 ether and a couple hours worth of progress wasted. 

Edited by Nikushimi

7 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Anyone else facing the issue where if you return to Phrike after being reconstructed, he no longer respawns? Happened to me twice and I had to restart my run both times. 12 ether and a couple hours worth of progress wasted. 

Never happened.. so when you come to the Boss arena its just blank and you cannot proceed further ??

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Never happened.. so when you come to the Boss arena its just blank and you cannot proceed further ??

Yeah, it’s just an empty pit. I was stuck there unable to progress or get out of the arena. Happened twice in a row for me. Google suggests that it’s quite a common bug.

Anyways, reached the second boss now. 10 runs in so far, loving the game apart from the stupid bug. The 3D audio is really something. The sound of sand and rubble falling apart in the second biome scares the sh*t outta me. I play in the dark with headphones on. :fear1:

This along with Hades are my personal GOTY candidates. Unlike Hades, I can only do a couple of runs on Returnal before needing a break. Game is damn stressful but addictive. It’s like an abusive relationship that you don’t want to get out of. :fear1:

Edited by Nikushimi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Managed to get through Nemesis thinking the game was done. Turns out I just finished Act 1 and everything, the weapons, enemies, level design etc is turned up to 11 on Act 2.

This is such an amazing and underrated game. How this game has not managed to win a few GOTY awards is beyond me.

Just beat Hyperion which is probably my favorite boss so far. Just a really cool boss design and attack patterns. 

Now that I am getting more and more OP weapons and traits, the initial fear and stress while playing the game is giving way to a feeling of being a badass. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

That's how it is for everyone. Act 1, youre trying to beat the bosses. Act 2, you become the boss. 

Yeah, the initial stress and difficulty makes it all the more satisfying.

The game is still challenging but I feel like I am in control. I only get hit if I make a mistake.

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

Try Electropylon Driver and see the game become piece of cake

Yeah that's my favorite weapon so far. Hollowseeker with portal beam is also godly.

Apart from the pistol, every weapon int the game is fun and powerful.

20 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Managed to get through Nemesis thinking the game was done. Turns out I just finished Act 1 and everything, the weapons, enemies, level design etc is turned up to 11 on Act 2.

This is such an amazing and underrated game. How this game has not managed to win a few GOTY awards is beyond me.

Just beat Hyperion which is probably my favorite boss so far. Just a really cool boss design and attack patterns. 

Now that I am getting more and more OP weapons and traits, the initial fear and stress while playing the game is giving way to a feeling of being a badass. 

@Channu @GameAnalyzer some motivation for you guys to pick up the game...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

The fact that Hyperion looks like the female reproductive system with a nasty face slapped on top of it makes it the creepiest looking boss in the game for me.

• Haha 2