Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The soundscape is pretty insane. So much happening at any given point, you're always on the edge. 

Yup, this game for me has the best sound design of any game I've played in a long while. On one hand you need headphones to pin point enemies, but it also makes the game 100 times more creepy. 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

@Channu @GameAnalyzer some motivation for you guys to pick up the game...

I got deviated from this game. At the moment I have a lot of game which I started but not sure which one to finish first. I started persona 5 striker , then stopped it because started grinding in gtav contracts, and sometimes would play it takes two and now I recently got LJ ; I started playing that and it got me hooked up with game. I think I would finish LJ first. ?

1 hour ago, Channu said:

It's difficult to admit how poor a gamer have I become (or always was, idk). Spent another 2 hours on this and result, nil....nada....ZERO ! :cry: 

Which biome are you in? Is it a particular boss that you are having trouble with?

2 hours ago, Channu said:

It's difficult to admit how poor a gamer have I become (or always was, idk). Spent another 2 hours on this and result, nil....nada....ZERO ! :cry: 

Got the Sword atleast? The game needs real patience.. one of us can do a walk-through again if that helps or get you the sword if you still haven't..  

9 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Which biome are you in? Is it a particular boss that you are having trouble with?

9 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Where are you having troubles?

8 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Got the Sword atleast? The game needs real patience.. one of us can do a walk-through again if that helps or get you the sword if you still haven't..  

No sword yet, Biome 1 :mellow:

27 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Oh. You need to watch some videos. Biome 1 is just slash and dash, remember to fully explore all doors (Except yellow because they are tough) also play with malignent items (risky but also rewardfull sometimes) and always buy the astrounanut figurine at the fabricator. 

Yes, I think I need to watch some videos. Had a session with @Assassins Creed but it all looked too easy then :(

Edited by Channu

5 hours ago, Channu said:

No sword yet, Biome 1 :mellow:

Try to cheese the enemies by standing next to the door and taking shots and going back. Since you don't have the sword yet, you wont face enemies that you need to melee.

Try to avoid activating all the enemies in the room at once. Avoid getting surrounded by enemies. Remember you can dash through projectiles and enemy attacks instead of always dashing away.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Channu said:

• Sad 1

Finally got the end credits rolling after about 40 tries. Honestly didn't follow the story that much. Gonna have to watch a "Returnal Explained" video for that.

One of the best shooters I've played, just for its frantic gameplay. Kinda reminds me of Vanquish in that sense. The second best game I've played this year after Hades. 

This is the most I've spent on a game at 3.8k and I don't feel the slightest bit of regret. Fantastic game. Will keep it around.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Finally got the end credits rolling after about 40 tries. Honestly didn't follow the story that much. Gonna have to watch a "Returnal Explained" video for that.

One of the best shooters I've played, just for its frantic gameplay. Kinda reminds me of Vanquish in that sense. The second best game I've played this year after Hades. 

This is the most I've spent on a game at 3.8k and I don't feel the slightest bit of regret. Fantastic game. Will keep it around.

Well Done !!

Play the Alternate ending route, now that you are well versed you can complete it quickly..

Visit the house

Collect all 6 sunfragments in each world.. they will spawn in fixed places.. so use a guide..  

Kill the final boss again

24 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Well Done !!

Play the Alternate ending route, now that you are well versed you can complete it quickly..

Visit the house

Collect all 6 sunfragments in each world.. they will spawn in fixed places.. so use a guide..  

Kill the final boss again

Yeah, saw that the story isn't quite done after the 1st playthrough. I haven't stopped playing it, will go for all the endings and even beyond that. The game is fun enough that I can pop in between other games for a run or two.

I still do Hades runs for a change of pace from other games. I can see it being the same with Returnal.