Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

11 hours ago, SuperT said:

Biome 3 :nerves:

The drones are the absolute worst, I came with full health to biome 3 after leveling up by grinding in Biome 1 & 2 and then these drones show up back to back in 2 rooms. :wallbash:

Killer drones OP, 6 of them firing and exploding coming after you at the same time...most annoying enemy apart from those flying bats thingy

Game should should have provided a timed shield or deflector 

Void beam works best against such swarming bullshit

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

if drones and turrets are frustrating you, watch my video above for some satisfaction ?

It's easy in such rooms where you can move around and get some cover too. It is specifically the drones in the open areas of Biome 3. But I realized dodging towards them rather than left/right has helped a lot. 

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Getting my a*s kicked in Biome 5. Any tips? ?

I found biome 5 to be the hardest personally. Especially those gauntlet rooms.

Always keep on moving. Finish the smaller enemies and turrets first. For the big guys, find a good grappling spot and keep grappling between two platforms while taking only a few seconds to shoot. That way you are invulnerable for most of the fight.

5 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

I found biome 5 to be the hardest personally. Especially those gauntlet rooms.

Always keep on moving. Finish the smaller enemies and turrets first. For the big guys, find a good grappling spot and keep grappling between two platforms while taking only a few seconds to shoot. That way you are invulnerable for most of the fight.

That's what I am trying. The ice severed enemies are just not dropping. Guess I have to get my hands on a good gun first. 

32 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

That's what I am trying. The ice severed enemies are just not dropping. Guess I have to get my hands on a good gun first. 

Get something with a good alt fire and hit them with it a few times. For all its difficulty, I have never felt that Returnal resorted to bullet sponge enemies to pad its difficulty. Which is one of the things I love about the game.

3 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

Finally felt good enough to play some Returnal after catching flu last week, got past biome 2 boss on my 7th try, his third phase is hard to time with the dashes and the dodges. Biome 3 time and my chances aren’t looking good, boys.

Drones are a pain rest of the enemies are predictable. For the drones dash towards them rather than away or right/left. Also use grapple a lot specially if the rooms get crowded. Sometimes it's also best to run to the next area skipping a room which is too overwhelming. 

• Like 1

Finally beat Ophion. Stocked up on a couple of Sylphium vials and took him down with a pistol since I ran through Biome 6 and didn’t stop to hunt for good weapons. He really wasn’t that hard tbh. Tried hollowseeker in the previous attempt to only break through to the second transformation and then eventually die.

Story is too convoluted IMO. But the gameplay loop is just insane. Wondering if I should try going for a plat.

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Wondering if I should try going for a plat.

Even though it can get a little frustrating because of the RNG aspect, I'd say go for it. You'll get to know how awesome some of the weapons can get with their traits upgraded all the way.

On 1/22/2022 at 2:12 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Even though it can get a little frustrating because of the RNG aspect, I'd say go for it. You'll get to know how awesome some of the weapons can get with their traits upgraded all the way.

I don't think I'll go for a plat because of the issue with Xeno archive RNG spawns. I'll have to restart the game multiple times just to get that stupid collectible. 

That said, I did try doing a quick run today to tackle the challenge rooms. Got my hands on a Rotgland globber with bouncing rot + exploding rot. Insanely powerful. I did the following in a single run without even dying once (did’t use Astronaut figurine too).

- All 3 challenge rooms in the first 3 biomes

- Got the survey trophy for Biome 1 and explored all the rooms in the 3 biomes

- Maxed up health upgrade & the # of artifacts you can hold

- Took down Nemesis 

Pity that I'll have to start afresh in Biome 4. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shreyans Gupta said:

I was very disappointed by the story

I personally found it the best part of the whole game. It’s quite cerebral

the whole story and the secret real ending is unveiled when you complete a 2nd playthrough of the game after  collecting all the sunface fragments 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 2:14 PM, 0verlord said:

I personally found it the best part of the whole game. It’s quite cerebral

the whole story and the secret real ending is unveiled when you complete a 2nd playthrough of the game after  collecting all the sunface fragments 

I have unlocked true ending, but for me it didn't give any satisfaction. But I get what you are trying to say.

On 1/25/2022 at 6:40 PM, Shreyans Gupta said:

I have unlocked true ending, but for me it didn't give any satisfaction. But I get what you are trying to say.

Completed it today and unlocked the secret ending. Briliant game - stunning visuals, amazing gameplay and tons of fun once you get the hang of it. The story was meh didn't do anything special. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 3