Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

Bhai play the Tower.. Just started today, so f**king addictive.. Not bad I went till Room 2 Phase 8 before dying.. The tower actually throws lot of things :clap3:

In the leaderboard I do not see Returnal veterans @STICK3Rboy @Vamos @Heaven Angel which was weird.. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Bhai play the Tower.. Just started today, so f**king addictive.. Not bad I went till Room 2 Phase 8 before dying.. The tower actually throws lot of things :clap3:

Did a few runs when this launched. It was awesome.

Gonna play it tonight. 

Have you tried the co-op mode with random players? 

57 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

In the leaderboard I do not see Returnal veterans @STICK3Rboy @Vamos @Heaven Angel which was weird.. 

Stopped playing after I got all the trophies in the DLC which took only around 10 runs.

The farthest I managed to go was Room 20 in Phase 4. Couldn't manage to defeat Algos there because the preceding rooms were pretty f**king difficult.

Added you on PSN. Maybe now I'll at least appear in the friendly leaderboard :lol:

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

I kept playing the campaign these 2 days. I've beaten Algos phase one. Then I stopped for a while. Got my hands on it now. 

1 hour ago, b!T said:

Gonna start this in a day or two. Any tips or shall I go in blind? I have poor history with hard games :lol:

Prepare for scenarios where you spend 1-1.5 hours doing a good run and a build but making some silly mistake and losing all your work especially just before completing the biome - this is usually quite agonizing 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, b!T said:

Gonna start this in a day or two. Any tips or shall I go in blind? I have poor history with hard games :lol:

Two things that helped me massively in combat:

1. Remapping the controls so that Jump is on L1, Dash on R1, and Consumables on O.

2. Enabling 'Always Sprint' in the gameplay settings. The slight downside to this is that it can make platforming feel a little tricky initially, but you'll get the hang of it after a while.

Doing challenge rooms (rooms with a gold star IIRC) and avenging dead scouts can reward you nicely but can also easily f**k up your run. So only do them after you've explored every other room in a biome.

Skip them if you're not in a good position or if you're not feeling too confident.

And lastly, don't worry too much about dying, losing progress, and having to start over. Repeating the same levels multiple times is very much a part of the game. So embrace it and have fun with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, b!T said:

Each weapon has a proficiency level and its progress is carried over after each death. 

Whenever you find a levelled up weapon, don’t swap it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Azathoth said:

Prepare for scenarios where you spend 1-1.5 hours doing a good run and a build but making some silly mistake and losing all your work especially just before completing the biome - this is usually quite agonizing 

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

1. Remapping the controls so that Jump is on L1, Dash on R1, and Consumables on O.

2. Enabling 'Always Sprint' in the gameplay settings. The slight downside to this is that it can make platforming feel a little tricky initially, but you'll get the hang of it after a while.

Doing challenge rooms (rooms with a gold star IIRC) and avenging dead scouts can reward you nicely but can also easily f**k up your run. So only do them after you've explored every other room in a biome.

Skip them if you're not in a good position or if you're not feeling too confident.

And lastly, don't worry too much about dying, losing progress, and having to start over. Repeating the same levels multiple times is very much a part of the game. So embrace it and have fun with it.

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

Each weapon has a proficiency level and its progress is carried over after each death. 

Whenever you find a levelled up weapon, don’t swap it. 

Thanks dudes.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, b!T said:

Keep dying. Thats what i did got frustrated and then beat the most difficult boss in the game with a pistol!
Always get the statue (That gives one more life) at the fabricator and think of exploring first rather that defeating . Il download this game once again when the new subs launch. The gunplay in this game is phenomenal! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

The gunplay in this game is phenomenal! 

This is what draws me to this game. I am much better with a gun than melee weapons so thought will give this a try. Also, the world and atmosphere looks really interesting.

15 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Hmm, this will feel different but I'll try once. I've been playing with default settings and I got a hang on controls like I do with all the games I play. 

I might actually die by making blunders with this setting. 

15 minutes ago, b!T said:

Also, the world and atmosphere looks really interesting.

The music as well. When you're in a certain room keep hearing them. It's sooo sooting and gives vibes of you're actually on an alien planet. 

• Like 1