Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

3 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Give me your memory, I want to re-live the moments. 

:lol: I hate when I have a love-hate relationship with a game. Can't quit yet struggling to proceed but i guess i have to just git good.

1 hour ago, b!T said:

:lol: I hate when I have a love-hate relationship with a game. Can't quit yet struggling to proceed but i guess i have to just git good.

It will click sooner or later...the first few hours are the most frustrating.

No wait then there is Biome 3. I take my words back it'll be frustrating quite a few times. :wOOtjumpy:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

First game I'm downloading as part of the new PS Plus subscription. :D

Wish me luck!

I suck at games like these. I have played a bit of Hollow Knight and Spelunky (if they're somewhat in the same category of rouge-like or rouge-lite, whatever it's called).

Don't worry I'll join later in the suffering. PS+ extra made my unbearable backlog even worse to look at lmao

11 minutes ago, SuperT said:

This I could handle as I am relatively comfortable with guns. How difficult is Demons Souls compared to this ? 

Demon Souls is easy once u do enough farming.. initial levels seem tough unless u get good starter weapons.. 

Returnal is total Blast

• Thanks 1

Somehow not feeling it. :( I guess I have a mental-block that I suck at these kinda games. I mean, I really am interested in the lore and the whole "what just happened?" narrative but, the fact that the level keeps changing is irritating for someone like me, to say the least. :(

It's obviously a 'me' thing and not the game's fault at all. Love how smooth and fluid the gameplay is, though.

Let's see... Might try it a few more times over the next week or so.

50 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Somehow not feeling it. :( I guess I have a mental-block that I suck at these kinda games. I mean, I really am interested in the lore and the whole "what just happened?" narrative but, the fact that the level keeps changing is irritating for someone like me, to say the least. :(

It's obviously a 'me' thing and not the game's fault at all. Love how smooth and fluid the gameplay is, though.

Let's see... Might try it a few more times over the next week or so.

Typical day 1 feels..  the changing is the best part of the game 

6 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Almost 2 hour co op run with Heaven Bhai.. went till Biome 2 boss and got rekt in Phase 3.. The bosses get 40% health buff so someone saying co op is easy..think again lol

Looks like Remnant: From the Ashes in coop. 

Playing that right now. Ton of fun.

No idea why anyone would play this in single player when Coop is available. :rofl:

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Because co op is way harder honestly. Also you don't appreciate the beautiful sound design in co op with the constant chattering. The atmosphere of the game is 10/10 and loses its sheen in co op. 

First complete run should be single player for this game. 

Agree about sound design and atmosphere. It gets a bit diluted. 

Also this is roguelike while Remnant is soulslike, so a bit different.

But harder games become a lot more bearable in coop so anyone having trouble should try that.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Because co op is way harder honestly. Also you don't appreciate the beautiful sound design in co op with the constant chattering. The atmosphere of the game is 10/10 and loses its sheen in co op. 

First complete run should be single player for this game. 

You can directly yell at your fellow teammate to shut up when you want to listen to the awesome soundtrack. Although, when we reached Ixion after sweeping every corners of biome 2 the boss soundtrack got glitched for some reason, it wasn't playing and Ixion is my fav. boss in game and it's because of it's soundtrack. That pissed me a little and I went on rage mode cost me our 2 hr run. I was about to kill him but his 3rd phase is mad. 

The glitches never happened with the angrez lul when I helped them complete the game. 

21 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Looks like Remnant: From the Ashes in coop. 

Not even close, Remnant co-op is jaggy as f**k. 

39 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

No idea why anyone would play this in single player when Coop is available. :rofl:

The experience of beating Returnal alone, that abusive relationship with the game is something else on Solo.. all those is lost in co op.. 

Here are couple of my detailed posts which I would have never experienced if it was in co op..

https://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56189-returnal/&do=findComment&comment=2508068

https://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56189-returnal/&do=findComment&comment=2508667

Edited by Assassins Creed

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

You can directly yell at your fellow teammate to shut up when you want to listen to the awesome soundtrack. Although, when we reached Ixion after sweeping every corners of biome 2 the boss soundtrack got glitched for some reason, it wasn't playing and Ixion is my fav. boss in game and it's because of it's soundtrack. That pissed me a little and I went on rage mode cost me our 2 hr run. I was about to kill him but his 3rd phase is mad. 

The glitches never happened with the angrez lul when I helped them complete the game. 

You still get static and some other sounds in party. Not the same.

2 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Not even close, Remnant co-op is jaggy as f**k. 

You mean animation? Or pace of game?

I like that game a lot. Don't care about animation or smooth feeling.

Dying Light over Assassin's Creed anyday for me.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Because co op is way harder honestly.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Another thing is, the resources are not shared in Returnal co op while enemies also hit harder. I found the game to be harder playing in co op. 

This is exactly why I want to play in co-op. So fun.