Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

19 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

thought I was praising it when i compared it to Remnant :rolleyes:

When the game launched, bots were comparing it to Recore and circulating a low-res screenshot of Selene from Returnal. :rofl:

You really have no idea how good this game is and how good Housemarque is at making arcade shooters. 
This is possibly the only game that justifies the “next-gen” tag. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Lol 1 trophy. What a noob. 

Screenshot-2022-06-24-10-15-43-981-com-s

Watching gifs on twitter is as same as playing like a pro. 

18 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Returnal fans seem overly sensitive about it.

Can't wait to play it and sh*t on it. :rofl:

I thought I was praising it when i compared it to Remnant :rolleyes:

Nobody took it in a wrong way, LOL 

46 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

You mean animation? Or pace of game?

Yea, well we can say both are different in terms of gameplay. 
Remnant is all about gunplay and it's good but that's about it. 

Returnal is a bullet hell 3rd person shooter and it's done right. 

The similarities is both are Rougelike and have procedurally generated maps. 

8 minutes ago, Vamos said:

When the game launched, bots were comparing it to Recore and circulating a low-res screenshot of Selene from Returnal. :rofl:

You really have no idea how good this game is and how good Housemarque is at making arcade shooters. 
This is possibly the only game that justifies the “next-gen” tag. 

I didn't do that.

I have played Housemarque games before. 

It's only game in PS lineup i find interesting.

10 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Almost 2 hour co op run with Heaven Bhai.. went till Biome 2 boss and got rekt in Phase 3.. The bosses get 40% health buff so someone saying co op is easy..think again lol

Seems easier in co-op because boss is 1, players are 2

for example, phrike can only do its melee attack on 1 player who can focus on dodging that melee attack while 2nd player can keep shooting peacefully 

when playing single player, we have to shoot and dodge at the same time which can be very tricky to balance all on our own

13 minutes ago, Azathoth said:

Seems easier in co-op because boss is 1, players are 2

for example, phrike can only do its melee attack on 1 player who can focus on dodging that melee attack while 2nd player can keep shooting peacefully 

when playing single player, we have to shoot and dodge at the same time which can be very tricky to balance all on our own

Certain things to notice

The AI is unpredictable, in a second it changes the target. Even the projectiles may end shooting both. 

The time, it took exactly same time even after continuous shooting. Because of that extra health you spend more time with the enemy. 

The shared loot, you have to co ordinate and work it out. Consumables were helpful and if you notice I didn't had any because I prioritized my partner. 

If one played gets down, the other (in combat) may have a little hard time than it was in solo. 

I'm not sure but I noticed that enemy spawns are added extra per room when playing in co-op not by a huge amount but 3 to 4 max. With that extra health it changes the way. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Certain things to notice

The AI is unpredictable, in a second it changes the target. Even the projectiles may end shooting both. 

The time, it took exactly same time even after continuous shooting. Because of that extra health you spend more time with the enemy. 

The shared loot, you have to co ordinate and work it out. Consumables were helpful and if you notice I didn't had any because I prioritized my partner. 

If one played gets down, the other (in combat) may have a little hard time than it was in solo. 

I'm not sure but I noticed that enemy spawns are added extra per room when playing in co-op not by a huge amount but 3 to 4 max. With that extra health it changes the way. 

Interesting, co-op seems to make things a lot more dynamic 

Had a great run, died at the 1st boss 3rd phase after mis timing a dodge or two, still getting used to bumper jumper setup

Just beat Phrike on what was my shortest run yet. Think it lasted 15 mins at most, went in with a lvl 2 shotty with half healrh, no astronaut figurine and 1 health consumable, almost died at the 3rd phase. I think I didn’t breath the entire duration of the 3rd phase

Now I’m in the desert with a short range weapon

Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You'll soon get a new weapon which you'll find awesome but is the second worst in the game. 

Pylon driver?

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You'll soon get a new weapon which you'll find awesome but is the second worst in the game. 

What are you saying, it's one of the most favourite weapon among the players. Tagged with CJ vamous and rushab and all were saying their fav is pylon, seeker and carbine. Others they don't use. Unlike me. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Pylon driver?

Hollowseeker

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

What are you saying, it's one of the most favourite weapon among the players. Tagged with CJ vamous and rushab and all were saying their fav is pylon, seeker and carbine. Others they don't use. Unlike me. 

In the initial run, Pylon driver was a lifesaver from biome 4 and up. But it gets boring after beating the game. 

But now I feel like trying more weapons that I missed, like Pyroshell, Coilspine and deadbound. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Now I’m in the desert with a short range weapon

The Slugshot trait on the shotgun actually makes it a viable ranged weapon. Don't ignore it if you see it.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Pylon driver?

Nah. Pylon Driver is the reverse.

It will feel like sh*t initially, but is actually very effective. So effective, in fact, that it reduces the difficulty of the game by a notch or two :lol:

24 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Hollowseeker with the right mods absolutely slaps. Second best weapon in the game after pylon. 

I'd say every weapon with the right level of upgraded mods absolutely slaps :P

• Like 1