Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

3 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

So i had 3 runs yesterday spanning 4-5 hours.

Cleared every single room from biome 3-6 and all bosses (Died once before biome 6 boss).

Still only got 3 cyphers. what horrible RnG.!! Also no way to track which ones you have. 

One youtube comment suggested to try offline, will try that.

You need to see the video and try to remember which ones you exactly do not have.. and try running to get that room.. this is easy once you have boiled down to 2-3 remaining. 

Biome 2 was real bitch there are two areas which is ultra rare.. 

There are specific things which you can get via that platform hitting the white orb..

4 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

I had better luck with online than offline... LUL 

WTF! So much randomness

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

You need to see the video and try to remember which ones you exactly do not have.. and try running to get that room.. this is easy once you have boiled down to 2-3 remaining. 

Biome 2 was real bitch there are two areas which is ultra rare.. 

There are specific things which you can get via that platform hitting the white orb..

I hit all the white orbs and sh*t. Remember which ones i dont have is impossible lol. will try something tonight. The game is fun so can play it otherwise would have dropped it.

10 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

So i had 3 runs yesterday spanning 4-5 hours.

Cleared every single room from biome 3-6 and all bosses (Died once before biome 6 boss).

Still only got 3 cyphers. what horrible RnG.!! Also no way to track which ones you have. 

One youtube comment suggested to try offline, will try that.

3 runs is nothing :lol:

The way the ciphers work is that each one is located in a particular room and each of these rooms has a 'probability of showing up' associated with it. There are some ultra rare rooms which can take even 20+ runs to show up. Of course, you could get lucky as well and they might show up in your very next run :P

I suggest checking out the xenoglyph cipher guides by VideogamersEU on youtube. Watch the videos and try to single out the rooms which have the ciphers that you're missing.

Once you've done that, you can speedrun through the levels while only looking for those specific rooms.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

It's totally based in RNG. One might find the right room doing continuous runs while some might take 30+ runs to find that perticular room. If you're in the room where a cypher has to be it'll 99.9% shows up. Some are hidden behind locked doors while some on top of puzzles and platforming.

There's nothing to do with online or offline. But if I take that into consideration I was doing co-op with CJ and I found 3 cyphers in a single run where I couldn't in my 40+ runs. It's baffling to me as well. I'd have got my platinum way back but my RNG is quite brutal it seems. 

9 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Some are hidden behind locked doors while some on top of puzzles and platforming.

I don't think so.. the ciphers are not in the rooms which requires you a KEY..

Its in the places which you cannot access initially but u can access later.. like there are water levels in Biome 1 2 3 which u cannot access initially.. once you get the ability you come back and explore that area and find some there.. 

9 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

I was doing co-op with CJ and I found 3 cyphers in a single run where I couldn't in my 40+ runs. 

:kisstogether: Lets do more.. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

don't think so.. the ciphers are not in the rooms which requires you a KEY..

It does bro, I completed biome 6 and the second last cypher I got from a locked door. Yet to figure if it was RNG or intentionally.. 

So continued my run yesterday, made it all the way to Nemesis and died at phase 2. 

Doing better than I expected, just need to keep at it

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

So continued my run yesterday, made it all the way to Nemesis and died at phase 2. 

Doing better than I expected, just need to keep at it

A hot tip for third phase of nemesis. 

Dont bother dodging on platforms. just fall off and grapple to other platforms (Grappling gives you 2-3 extra iframes to dodge his bullets). and keep going near him and shooting. With this 3rd phase will be a cake walk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 9:15 PM, Mr. Comingle said:

Hollowseeker has sh*t dps dude. 

Turns out it's a good crowd control weapon in circumstances and this had just one basic trait. 

Proto-Strixera and Strixera aka Flying Squids can be really annoying with single target weapons. 

Really appreciate the AI act in this game. 

Got back to the game after a week, took me two 2 runs.

BUT I JUST DEFEATED the 3rd biome boss. Thanks to the astronaut figurine and the health vial I picked up along the way.

Decided to ditch the hollowseeker for my trusty Tachy carbine for the run where I beat it, used the hollowseeker before and got rekt. Now I can rest for a bit

Tired Giving Up GIF

Edited by Snake
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Snake said:

Got back to the game after a week, took me two 2 runs.

BUT I JUST DEFEATED the 3rd biome boss. Thanks to the astronaut figurine and the health vial I picked up along the way.

Decided to ditch the hollowseeker for my trusty Tachy carbine for the run where I beat it, used the hollowseeker before and got rekt. Now I can rest for a bit

Tired Giving Up GIF

No resting, but you can breathe.. Muscle memory at peak now, time to finish the fight..

LfrXRkz.jpg

FINALLLLLYYYY DONE WITH IT!

This game has serious RnG issues , few room did not spawn in like 10 runs then 3 of them spawned in one run itself.

Also no way to know which cyphers you're missing hence its all a guess game, thankfully the gameplay even after a year and more than 50+ hours playtime feels fresh and challenging . tried a lot of new guns too.

They should have fixed this bs though, got frustrating later on.

Also had to get Prohpeciency level 30 from the tower, did not get that from normal biome 6 runs no matter how hard i tried.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Also if anyone is interested here are a few tips. (No particular order)

1) If you get to pickup "Nullification sphere" comsumable dont leave it. Get that and pickup malingent resins until you get a warning saying "Warning next malfuntion critical" use it right after the warning, this way you can easily get 3-5 resins and have no malfunctions.

2) always get astronaught figure at the fabricator essentially a second life.

3) Biomes like 3 and 6 are difficult if you keep clearing all rooms, i suggest getting a good weapon in previous biome and runnin straight to boss (need to unlock shortcuts)

4) always keep moving, the game punishes you if you stand and shoot, always run , dash , grapple around the room. also use grapple if enemy is on the way to jump towards you , grapple has a couple of no hit i-frames.

5)Always explore every single room , leave nothing some times you can get game changing parasites , consumables

6) Dont stay far away from enemy kill them from close and collect obilities , if you dont you cant buy things at the fabricator.

7) avoid yellow rooms , try them later on.

8) tachymoite carbine with leech round have the ability to heal you when you hit an enemy always bee look out on weapon traits. also this combined with rising pitch is god send, youre now invincible. 

9) Dont give up, even after playing so much i still die at rookie mistakes and keep falling down, thats ok , keep going .

10) dont waste ether on cleansing , use them to deposit at the starting box , it unlocks new cool consumables and sh*t.

11) learn meele its way more efficient than shooting.

12) Explore every nook and corner , there are rooms/corners hidden from your eye on the map, i came to know a few thanks to @Heaven Angel.

Also here are best weapons ranked according to me

1) Electropylon Driver (easy mode from the game unlocks later on)

1A) Tachyomatic Carbine with leech rounds and rising pitch (heals you)

2) Hollowseeker (fantastic weapon for crowd control , portal beam is op)

3) Tachyomatic Carbine without the above traits

4) Pyroshell caster

5) Thermograde launcher

6) Spitmaw Blaster

7) Rotgland Lobber

8) Coilspine Shredder

9) Sidearm SD-M8

10) Dreadbound

• Like 5