Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

2 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

LfrXRkz.jpg

FINALLLLLYYYY DONE WITH IT!

This game has serious RnG issues , few room did not spawn in like 10 runs then 3 of them spawned in one run itself.

Also no way to know which cyphers you're missing hence its all a guess game, thankfully the gameplay even after a year and more than 50+ hours playtime feels fresh and challenging . tried a lot of new guns too.

They should have fixed this bs though, got frustrating later on.

Also had to get Prohpeciency level 30 from the tower, did not get that from normal biome 6 runs no matter how hard i tried.

Welcome to ELITE club :cheers:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Also if anyone is interested here are a few tips. (No particular order)

1) If you get to pickup "Nullification sphere" comsumable dont leave it. Get that and pickup malingent resins until you get a warning saying "Warning next malfuntion critical" use it right after the warning, this way you can easily get 3-5 resins and have no malfunctions.

2) always get astronaught figure at the fabricator essentially a second life.

3) Biomes like 3 and 6 are difficult if you keep clearing all rooms, i suggest getting a good weapon in previous biome and runnin straight to boss (need to unlock shortcuts)

4) always keep moving, the game punishes you if you stand and shoot, always run , dash , grapple around the room. also use grapple if enemy is on the way to jump towards you , grapple has a couple of no hit i-frames.

5)Always explore every single room , leave nothing some times you can get game changing parasites , consumables

6) Dont stay far away from enemy kill them from close and collect obilities , if you dont you cant buy things at the fabricator.

7) avoid yellow rooms , try them later on.

8) tachymoite carbine with leech round have the ability to heal you when you hit an enemy always bee look out on weapon traits. also this combined with rising pitch is god send, youre now invincible. 

9) Dont give up, even after playing so much i still die at rookie mistakes and keep falling down, thats ok , keep going .

10) dont waste ether on cleansing , use them to deposit at the starting box , it unlocks new cool consumables and sh*t.

11) learn meele its way more efficient than shooting.

12) Explore every nook and corner , there are rooms/corners hidden from your eye on the map, i came to know a few thanks to @Heaven Angel.

Also here are best weapons ranked according to me

1) Electropylon Driver (easy mode from the game unlocks later on)

1A) Tachyomatic Carbine with leech rounds and rising pitch (heals you)

2) Hollowseeker (fantastic weapon for crowd control , portal beam is op)

3) Tachyomatic Carbine without the above traits

4) Pyroshell caster

5) Thermograde launcher

6) Spitmaw Blaster

7) Rotgland Lobber

8) Coilspine Shredder

9) Sidearm SD-M8

10) Dreadbound

Why is dreadbound 10th, it’s actually the best weapon in the game. Requires proper skill to wield properly though 

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Why is dreadbound 10th, it’s actually the best weapon in the game. Requires proper skill to wield properly though 

Wait a min n**** ji.. how do you knoe!! 

Also overlord is back

Edited by Heaven Angel

16 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Wait a min n**** ji.. how do you knoe!! 

In later biomes, I always loved playing dreadbound

This is from last October I think when I had completed all endings, don’t know if there are any recent changes after patches

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

Began this recently. Had a good run, but died at the 1st boss. Next 1-2 runs I died in random encounters. :wallbash:

Not sure if a rougelike is my genre, but want to finish this story at least...

Play in COOP?

I also don't like rogue likes. Bailed out of Hades in an hour. 

But in coop it will be fun. I did some runs in Remnants survival mode which has similar structure. Was fun.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Play in COOP?

I also don't like rogue likes. Bailed out of Hades in an hour. 

But in coop it will be fun. I did some runs in Remnants survival mode which has similar structure. Was fun.

No, I am playing alone. I usually don't get enough time at a stretch to play longer hours. 

Suspending cycles has been a lifesaver. 

5 hours ago, RV1709 said:

gonna start this sometime soon. Can anyone tell me how the suspend cycle works now? Do I have to play 3-4 hours at a stretch or can I save ?

iirc, you can suspend anytime unless you in combat

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

No, I am playing alone. I usually don't get enough time at a stretch to play longer hours. 

Suspending cycles has been a lifesaver. 

Keep playing and go solo only. you get good at the game after a while . give it some time. one of the best shooter out there.

6 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Keep playing and go solo only. you get good at the game after a while . give it some time. one of the best shooter out there.

I just don't get it. I have died a few times now, 2 of which were at the 1st boss. These rougelike games with random levels don't seem to be my cup of tea tbh. Still, keeping this installed for a few days while I play other things. 

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

I just don't get it. I have died a few times now, 2 of which were at the 1st boss. These rougelike games with random levels don't seem to be my cup of tea tbh. Still, keeping this installed for a few days while I play other things. 

The first 3-4 hrs can get frustrating and overwhelming. Stick to it man for a couple of hrs and let it bowl you over. I also thought I will not go through with it after playing for 1-2 hrs. But after 4 hrs I was hooked. 

8 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I’ma noob at this game and roguelites/likes aint my thing either.

But what I found useful is to understand your environment, the enemies, their attack pattern and your weapons. Try them out and see which suits you and which weapon traits you prefer.

This game is more like a puzzle than a shooter

12 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Stay at it, get the first Boss and then your confidence will go next level.. see the health bar in below image you can go that much OP in the game later on and show them who the real boss is.. 

On 7/27/2021 at 6:59 PM, Assassins Creed said:

PS-App-20210727-012411.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

15 hours ago, SuperT said:

The first 3-4 hrs can get frustrating and overwhelming. Stick to it man for a couple of hrs and let it bowl you over. I also thought I will not go through with it after playing for 1-2 hrs. But after 4 hrs I was hooked. 

Follow SuperT's advice, if the game clicks you wont leave it for a minute :)

• Like 1