Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

27 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Do i need to defeat the boss again too ? I got an awesome hallowseeker with blade projectiles. Back to the pistol :(

No, you defeat the boss of a biome once and you get shortcut to goto next biome without facing them. 

But you can find them in the same spot of you wish to fight them again. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

I died in crimosn wastes and i am back to ruins, WTF. I though after boss it would be a checkpoint

56 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Do i need to defeat the boss again too ? I got an awesome hallowseeker with blade projectiles. Back to the pistol :(

Crimson wastes has a boss shortcut once you have opened it but there's 2 ways to play Biome 2..

Farm health n health packs in Biome 1, then go to Biome 2 or just do a speed run of doors untill you get Biome 2 Door room and just go there directly and farm that area completely before hitting the Boss..

Hollowseeker makes life easy for second Boss.. he was really the tough Boss for me in whole game..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

This is a roguelite. Thats how these work.

Normally indie games used to follow this genre, giving you bang for your buck with small number of levels but high replayabiliy with different random builds for each run.

For some reason bigger companies are picking it up.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Normally indie games used to follow this genre, giving you bang for your buck with small number of levels but high replayabiliy with different random builds for each run.

For some reason bigger companies are picking it up.

Jyada Gyan mat pelo. Housemarque was never a big company before it got ingested by sony. 

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Normally indie games used to follow this genre, giving you bang for your buck with small number of levels but high replayabiliy with different random builds for each run

“Tell me you haven’t played the game without telling me…”

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Vamos said:

“Tell me you haven’t played the game without telling me…”

I haven't played it, i have said it before as well. 

It is a roguelite from what I get, is it something else?

Except, it focuses more on movement/ gunplay instead of varied builds.

Took Down Ixion. My god what a glorious fight, the bubbles these bosses throw towards are a treat to watch and dodge, everything gets so tense with dodging, shooting, active reload, jumping. Its edge of the seat stuff. 

Grinded and got a hollowseeker with good level and waves thing. Also damage boost artifact scaling to proficiency. Took him down in first try. 

What a game, WHAT A GAME.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Nope. 4th biome boss, best boss ever. Period. In fact, one of the best and memorable bosses across many games too Imo. :D

The fourth one has easily the best boss music for sure.

But the 3rd boss was my favourite. It felt biblical! :P

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The fourth one has easily the best boss music for sure.

But the 3rd boss was my favourite. It felt biblical! :P

Oh ya the 3rd boss battle is really good. But was kinda underwhelmed as i best him in the first attempt with a lot of health :P

But memorable one toh is 4th for me.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

my order

3rd

4th & 6th

2nd

1st

I will play the Tower dlc soon, are the bosses in there good?

The 6th one was so disappointing lol

Leasr fun for me . After biome 5 , 6th biome boss was child's play 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

13 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I’ve not included 6th boss because of its easiness or (lack of) difficulty 

You've mentioned it in joint 2nd position :P

but Ya true ,was so easy i finished the fight within a minute with EPD and OP hollowseeker on the 2nd occasion 

15 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

But was kinda underwhelmed as i best him in the first attempt with a lot of health :P

That was the same case for me with the 4th one :P

But I agree with you that it is definitely a great boss. The whole build-up to the fight, the excellent music, and the fact that the boss itself looks like an evil female reproductive system (:lol:) makes it creepy and memorable.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Channu said:

The one where the boss keeps playing a piano was such a musically charged environment. Such brilliance! Boss was easier to take down though but the next was the OP guy. Woaaahhhh.... exciting memories :D

Yup that’s my favourite one :D 

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

That was the same case for me with the 4th one :P

But I agree with you that it is definitely a great boss. The whole build-up to the fight, the excellent music, and the fact that the boss itself looks like an evil female reproductive system (:lol:) makes it creepy and memorable.

Indeed! The build up to the boss is so unique :wub:  and That music  …..I listen to it like regularly on Spotify now :P 

plus there are some interesting lore/theories about the 4th boss and Selene on YouTube. All based on her dialogue during the boss encounter iirc

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 1