Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

9 hours ago, TheMonark said:

Thanks. I have the house key but forgot to open the house. I will try to get the Astronaut figurine.

Yes and hopefully you can get done with Phrike.. Astronaut can be again faribcated, when u keep dying in B1 game it stars appearing in Fabricarion room

• Like 1

Got lucky and found 4 Ciphers yesterday in biome 2. Only one cipher remaining now and the grind continues.

Spoiler

i haven't seen this room yet, either there is a challenge room at the same place or a broken door.

1 hour ago, iam said:

Phrike is actually pretty easy compared to what the game throws at you right after. Do this. 

1. Try to preserve health as much as you can. It's the most important resource in the game. The siphium you see lying around should only be used for upgrading your integrity. Only use it to recover health in worst case scenario. 

2. There is a device in the fabricator room which increases your integrity by 25%. That should always be your first purchase and second should be a siphium vial. 

3. Always run through the entire biome first using siphium lying around at minimum. Use consumables to recover health as much as you can. 

4. Once you've finished entire level, go to the device in fabricator room to increase integrity. It recovers quite a bit of your health as well. Also, you might come across a green bed thingy which recovers your integrity and upgrades it as well. 

5. Once you've recovered maximum integrity with consumables and the 2 devices mentioned above, it's time to run back through the entire biome and use the siphium lying around to uorgade your health. 

6. Never engage with those mini bosses in challenge areas. They'll always f*** you up. Just run away. 

7. Tachyomatic carbine is the only weapon to use in biome 1. The spitmaw is just horrible. 

8. The dash can make you invulnerable to most attacks (all attacks in biome 1). Remember that. Keeping the dash button pressed gives you a longer dash. When there is a projectile coming to you dash towards it instead of away. When you dash back, more often than not, you will get back in the line of the projectile because the dash moves faster than the projectile. 

9. Go into the house once you're fully prepped with the steps I said above. It'll give you an artifact which gives you extra life. Not necessary just increases survival odds.

10. Always use the device next to helios which gives random items if you have enough ether. It's super useful. 

Now some tips for the boss. 

1. Right before the boss there will be a sh*t ton of enemies, rush past everyone. They can't follow you behind a door. 

2. When you are about to start Phrike fight, go to settings and change the sprint to always sprint. It'll come in very handy for boss fights. There is no real reason to not sprint in a boss fight. 

3. Phrike's attack patterns are incredibly predictable. Just keep your distance and you're fine. When he comes for a melee attack, wait for him to come close and dash back (long dash).

Best of luck!! :thumbsup:

A couple more things that I'd like to add to this:

1. Change your jump button to L1, dash button to R1, and the consumables button to O. This way you don't have to move your thumb away from the right stick while you're jumping and dashing.

It's better to do this early in the game because it can take a while to get used to if you've already been using the default control scheme.

2. Do the challenge rooms and avenge dead scouts only once you've gone gone through all the other rooms in a biome. This gives you a better chance at dealing with them.

Be aware though that these do have the potential to f**k your run. But on the flipside, the rewards you get for completing them are, more often than not, worth the risk involved. So take the decision based on how good of a state your character is in.

4 minutes ago, Fenix21 said:

i haven't seen this room yet, either there is a challenge room at the same place or a broken door.

I saw that room (along with the one @Vamos posted earlier) only once in the entire time I spent with the game. Glad I didn't miss the ciphers there.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fenix21 said:

Got lucky and found 4 Ciphers yesterday in biome 2. Only one cipher remaining now and the grind continues.

Hide contents

Dude did you get the white orb one then ? Damn I did 15+ runs and still didn't get it.. Also I am not sure if the 9th one was glitched for me and if the trophy pops up at 19.. currently short of 2 trophies

B2 - 16/20

B6 - 17/20

4 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Dude did you get the white orb one then ?

My bad, I thought this was the orb room where the datacube is located which is quite common:P

after several runs finally found the white orb room which had the final cipher and Platinum trophy popped :wOOtjumpy: spent most of the weekend grinding for the ciphers and it was totally worth it.

• Like 3

Just now, Fenix21 said:

My bad, I thought this was the orb room where the datacube is located which is quite common:P

after several runs finally found the white orb room which had the final cipher and Platinum trophy popped :wOOtjumpy: spent most of the weekend grinding for the ciphers and it was totally worth it.

Congrats Man !!

The one outside right in Level 2 when you back track and come from Boss area

3 hours ago, Fenix21 said:

Congrats, dude! 

That joy you feel when you finally see that last cipher after hours and hours of grinding.....

6Y5GQ70.gif

13 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

I played this game on the disc version (Without the update) because no internet. And sh*t is hard, you only have one consumables slot there is an enemy in biome 4 (Same like biome 6 flying beast) which is PITA. They removed it in the update lol?

Initially it would have got updated na or you don;t have internet since Day 1 lol

One consumable is definitely :samui: Kaunsa enemy ? daal youtube se agar koi video hai toh.. weird they would remove an enemy from the game..

23 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Initially it would have got updated na or you don;t have internet since Day 1 lol

One consumable is definitely :samui: Kaunsa enemy ? daal youtube se agar koi video hai toh.. weird they would remove an enemy from the game..

Il try if i get time today. are updated play kiya tha but then deleted to make space for LOU2. But then net gaya so installed again XD

23 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Dude did you get the white orb one then ? Damn I did 15+ runs and still didn't get it.. Also I am not sure if the 9th one was glitched for me and if the trophy pops up at 19.. currently short of 2 trophies

B2 - 16/20

B6 - 17/20

RNG Baba ki Jai.. B2 done :wOOtjumpy:.. The side room - open lava in desert took at least 8 runs to appear.. As Reva said its good to know and assess which one you have not collected and keep going for that.. Luckily I had collected the hand room one and another ultra rare room inside the mountain during campaign.. 

Now B6 :samui: pretty brief run to even get inside B6 lol 

EDIT: f**k B6 is another bitch.. can't really run around so easily... those small things are getting pain

Edited by Assassins Creed

24 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

I always get caught up in side challenges and die in the 2-3 phase of boss fight due to now consumable.

Yes, Challenge Rooms are optional.. not really needed initially unless you are full enthu.. I used to go there only to Farm when I have really good gun.. 

1 hour ago, iam said:

Umm no. Ether should only be used on that first device at least in the beginning. It unlocks artifacts and consumables which are added to the rng pool. Never enter the yellow challenge room. It'll almost always f*** you up. 

Don't get greedy. If you're at decent integrity level and have a large siphium vial and decent weapon just go for the boss. Don't take unnecessary risks. 

Yes, I am doing that. I read it somewhere that when it starts asking 10 ether for artifacts then it means you have unlocked most of the items. I am just trying to collect ether and deposit there.

One question though, is shock stream a good alt fire mode? I personally don't like when fighting the red big mini boss. He spams you with red orbs and it becomes impossible to use alt fire mode unless you want to reduce your health in half.

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

BC !!!!!! :wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy: Gods favored quickly in B6...

I almost gave up on Friday but running like there is no tomorrow is the way.. still hate B2 :ranting:

20210726-175153.jpg

Congrats!! :clapping:

When you find that final cipher, it's just a special feeling of euphoria..... I ran around for so long before claiming it. :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vamos said:

Congrats!! :clapping:

When you find that final cipher, it's just a special feeling of euphoria..... I ran around for so long before claiming it. :lol:

Yeah man, and I had been to this room before but totally missed it last time thinking it has to be timed to get on that platform.. But this time I knew the the very last one was in this very room and this was the second room that popped up after I entered B6 so looks like they have fixed faster spawns of the room in B6 somehow.. 

49 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

Yes, I am doing that. I read it somewhere that when it starts asking 10 ether for artifacts then it means you have unlocked most of the items. I am just trying to collect ether and deposit there.

One question though, is shock stream a good alt fire mode? I personally don't like when fighting the red big mini boss. He spams you with red orbs and it becomes impossible to use alt fire mode unless you want to reduce your health in half.

Focus on dashing and fast movements, every move in this game can be dodged...  Guns and Alt Fire mode, go based on your preferences what you can handle better and quickly..

8 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

BC !!!!!! :wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy: Gods favored quickly in B6...

I almost gave up on Friday but running like there is no tomorrow is the way.. still hate B2 :ranting:

Congrats dude! :thumbsup:

Could get a sense of your excitement from the video :lol:

Getting that last cipher is pretty special. Should've recorded mine as well :|

• Thanks 1