Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

21 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

I just kept grappling the sh*t out of it and beat it XD

This is the way to beat all the annoying mini bosses. You get i-frames during grapple. Try to finish all the towers and smaller enemies first. Then hit and run using the grapple.

5 hours ago, SaiKO said:

So fu*king frustrating. Suspended in 3rd biome. Resumed today morning...some big dude came, 2 shotted me down. All progress gone. :wallbash::ranting::ranting::ranting:

At this rate..I'll lose interest in this game...only because of gameplay I keep playing once in a while.

Not trying to be rude but have some patience 

suspend has been given to make the game much more accessible and easy

people here have beaten the game without any suspend nonsense 

take it like a soldier and keep going man 

Edited by 0verlord

36 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Not trying to be rude but have some dignity 

Suspend is fine to use if someone is burnout and want to take a break and continue next day.. I get taking the suspend in B3 as its a very long run... when I did I farmed entire B1 and B2 and then went to B3 easily would take 2 hours +

Suspend is not fine when you cloud save the file and keep scamming it until you clear the level...

46 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Not trying to be rude but have some dignity 

Don't understand how dignity is involved ? Guy is just ranting out here about a specific level where he is stuck. So one should just keep at it and is not allowed to rant ? Also where did suspend come into the picture ? 

8 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Suspend is fine to use if someone is burnout and want to take a break and continue next day.. I get taking the suspend in B3 as its a very long run... when I did I farmed entire B1 and B2 and then went to B3 easily would take 2 hours +

Suspend is not fine when you cloud save the file and keep scamming it until you clear the level...

Agreed I don't think suspend takes away the essence of the game or makes it less difficult in any way. It's more inclusive for people who don't have the time for long sessions and for some reason can't keep the PS5 on rest mode which is very common in families as the ps is shared and multiple people play diff. games on it. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 1

The game is too long to finish in one sitting. They should have added suspend mode from the beginning. 

That being said, I found that I take a few minutes to get accustomed to the pace of the game. When I use suspend and resume in the middle of a biome, I usually play worse and die within the next few rooms. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

The game is too long to finish in one sitting.

Who said to finish in one sitting? If the title says rougelike then one should know what they're getting into. 

Suspend mode is here because people were cribbing about it. Not because it's needed. 

15 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Who said to finish in one sitting? If the title says rougelike then one should know what they're getting into. 

Suspend mode is here because people were cribbing about it. Not because it's needed. 

Contradict much?

Either the game should be short enough to finish in one sitting like Hades. Or there should be a provision to save mid run, which they introduced to the game because some people actually have a life outside of video games. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Contradict much?

Either the game should be short enough to finish in one sitting like Hades. Or there should be a provision to save mid run, which they introduced to the game because some people actually have a life outside of video games. 

Yea, the people who actually finished and even platinumed this game without/before this 'suspension mode' didn't had life outside video games. 

Such loosers!

Game is short, can be beaten within 1.5 hrs (which I did apparently, from biome 1 to 6)

Do i have a life outside of video games? :nerves:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea, the people who actually finished and even platinumed this game without/before this 'suspension mode' didn't had life outside video games. 

Such loosers!

Game is short, can be beaten within 1.5 hrs (which I did apparently, from biome 1 to 6)

1.5 hours is still too long to go without a save in between. Not sure why uber gamers are salty about suspend mode being introduced to a game that most people felt was too long to finish in a single sitting . Don't need it? Don't use it. 

Edited by Nikushimi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Biome 3 is basically a skill check. Teaches you to manage space and to run the f**k away when sh*t hits the fan. 

I think everything after it feels easy because biome 3 just rips your a*s. 

And I thought Biome 1 was meant to be it since I've only managed to beat it last week after sitting on the game for last 6 months  :fear1:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

People are talking about the time it takes to beat it for the first time. I don't think anyone can beat it in 1.5hrs the first time through.

6 hours ago, SaiKO said:

At this rate..I'll lose interest in this game...only because of gameplay I keep playing once in a while.

This might be one of the problems IMO. Progression in this (apart from upgrading weapon traits) is pretty much how you get better at the game as you keep playing it, and this might not be possible if you have long gaps between each session. 

I know it can be frustrating when you lose hours worth of progress, but try to get into the mindset that dying is just a part of the learning curve (much like in Souls games) and trust that you are getting better at the game with each run.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Finally played this game and put some solid time in. For the first couple of hours I didn't even understand what all the items and hud was supposed to mean. The game throws a bunch of stuff at you and doesn't tell you what exactly it is so it can be overwhelming at the beginning esp the HUD. This however works amazing well from a storytelling perspective where the mystery of discovering an alien planet and clearing off hostiles section by section (sublime gunplay btw) keeps us hooked. 

Also managed to get the teleportation & later the sword before calling it quits today. Thank God for the suspend cycle or else an hour and half  of my progress would have been lost because I ran out of time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Such loosers!

Bro I have a shared PS5 can't game for more than 2 hrs at a stretch. I can't keep it on sleep mode coz someone else also uses it and plays other games. I think it's better to have a feature rather than not have it. People who want to use it, use it and others can ignore. Also, I dont understand how it makes the game easier ? I honestly don't understand why a game being more inclusive is an issue. I 100% feel this was a needed feature for me just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's not needed. 

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Bro I have a shared PS5 can't game for more than 2 hrs at a stretch. I can't keep it on sleep mode coz someone else also uses it and plays other games. I think it's better to have a feature rather than not have it. People who want to use it, use it and others can ignore. Also, I dont understand how it makes the game easier ? I honestly don't understand why a game being more inclusive is an issue. I 100% feel this was a needed feature for me just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's not needed. 

Yeah if anything the suspend cycle makes the game more difficult as the flow and momentum of the player is broken. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah if anything the suspend cycle makes the game more difficult as the flow and momentum of the player is broken. 

I haven’t  played this game but it is always recommended to complete the full game rather than switching between games for that reason. 

45 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

I haven’t  played this game but it is always recommended to complete the full game rather than switching between games for that reason. 

No, I guess what he meant was put the game on suspend mode and get back to it after some time (like the next day) not play some other game and come back to this game.  

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Very much true.. You already have an 60-90 min learning curve on your mind and you are in B2 or B3.. you suspend and come back next day..  tough mini boss dropped, you don't know what to do..  boom ? and all over.. 

The game really needs a peace time aside to execute it well.. its an Art and the satisfaction of getting it done is something else entirely.. but as you get skilled up you will feel it easy.. I was struggling with B 123 for so long and one night I finished B 3 4 5 and half of 6 in one sitting.. thats the kind of momentum it builds when you keep going at it..  

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Very much true.. You already have an 60-90 min learning curve on your mind and you are in B2 or B3.. you suspend and come back next day..  tough mini boss dropped, you don't know what to do..  boom ? and all over.. 

The game really needs a peace time aside to execute it well.. its an Art and the satisfaction of getting it done is something else entirely.. but as you get skilled up you will feel it easy.. I was struggling with B 123 for so long and one night I finished B 3 4 5 and half of 6 in one sitting.. thats the kind of momentum it builds when you keep going at it..  

u no lyf outside video games breed. flark u

save mode ftw

i pley 20 min, i go, i cum back, i play 20 min. fine gaming. k

• Haha 1