Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Had purchased the astronaut figurine but did not get revived when I fought Ixion in Biome 2. Anyone faced similar issues?

The 2nd chance from astronaut happens fast, if you're in the midst of intense fight you might fail to notice you've already used it. 

There's is no bug, never happened. 

Try to get the artifact and use it in same spot again.

Just now, Heaven Angel said:

The 2nd chance from astronaut happens fast, if you're in the midst of intense fight you might fail to notice you've already used it. 

There's is no bug, never happened. 

Try to get the artifact and use it in same spot again.

Got it. The boss was spamming attacks so it is likely that I missed it. Should have used the damn sylphium vial. 

14 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Had purchased the astronaut figurine but did not get revived when I fought Ixion in Biome 2. Anyone faced similar issues?

Last stage of the boss fight and I held back from using a major sylphium vial hoping to use it after revival ? 1 hour of a good run ruined.

Also, had no idea that the reconstructor is biome specific.

Never happened, also yeah even i did not knew reconstructor is biome spefcific.

5 hours ago, 0verlord said:

You guys fighting bosses, why don’t you post your battle videos? I’ve posted all my boss battles and all 6 challenge room videos 

I did post when i beat the most difficult boss with a Fxxxing pistol.

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Lol same happened with final boss for me. B6 was really f**king me up so I just rushed to the final boss and got a shitty hollowseeker. 

On nemesis i once went with a shotgun, on last stage could not hit him once becuase shotgun

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Nice! I remember I had beaten this 1 attempt. Here’s the video 

took me like 10 i think? but the satisfaction after that ? GOD TIER!

15 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Biome 4 boss is the best. 

The build-up, music, bullet hell... everything just peaks. 

Hyperion was my favorite boss as well. Followed by Phrike and Ixion. Ophion was kinda gimmicky and not that hard to beat especially for a final boss. Nemesis was the most annoying one as it took me a while to figure out the right weapons to beat him. I kept going near him to do damage and he kept knocking me back. Then I figured out I could snipe him from a distance with the Rotgland lobber, which made the fight easy as hell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Ophion was kinda gimmicky and not that hard to beat especially for a final boss

Yes...

Spoiler

I guess they didn't want to overwhelm players and wanted the final boss to be fairly easy, especially since Ophion needs to be defeated twice for the real ending to unlock. 

Making this the toughest boss would've demotivated players to unlock the secret ending. 

Reached the first boss in like my 7th run, then proceeded to get my butt handed by him thrice, get him down to zero health and realise he has more phases. Amazing game but it’s definitely hard, even harder than the souls games for me(I don’t play shooters).

48 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Reached the first boss in like my 7th run, then proceeded to get my butt handed by him thrice, get him down to zero health and realise he has more phases. Amazing game but it’s definitely hard, even harder than the souls games for me(I don’t play shooters).

Its hard ad start, but once you understand mechanics , gunplay and movement. Its easy.

9 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

gets tiresome if played continously the repetetive nature kinda gets to you after a while

That said the game is class+sass 100%

Bosses have a set attack pattern in every phase , thats half the battle won 

You can figure out the patterns by dying or can look them up online 

Can totally relate ,in souls games the novelty curve never goes flat , thats their unique nature:wOOtjumpy:

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

10 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

Record last 5 minutes and watch your own battle, what mistakes you made and what pattern the boss is attacking and how to dodge - then easy peasy

• Like 1

Reached the first boss and almost got him the first time itself but didn't see his melee attacks coming and that did a lot of damage. I should have equipped some health items and it would have been much easier. Brilliant game - the atmosphere is amazing and loving the gameplay. 

A question - after the first attempt when I respawn at the crash site the map has completely changed and now the teleport things are random cant select where I want to go using the map. Do I need to clear the entire areas again or is there someway to skip and go to the boss directly ?

5 minutes ago, SuperT said:

A question - after the first attempt when I respawn at the crash site the map has completely changed and now the teleport things are random cant select where I want to go using the map. Do I need to clear the entire areas again or is there someway to skip and go to the boss directly ?

Lol welcome to Roguelike.. Yes you gotta explore all again but based on RNG (random) the boss door might pop up in the beginning itself and if ur well equipped you can go for him.. 

The areas in the game is always randomized.. lets say there are 15 rooms, the game throws a dice and selects 12 rooms and place them and each time its different. That's what makes it interesting in every run..