Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

6 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Certain things to notice

The AI is unpredictable, in a second it changes the target. Even the projectiles may end shooting both. 

The time, it took exactly same time even after continuous shooting. Because of that extra health you spend more time with the enemy. 

The shared loot, you have to co ordinate and work it out. Consumables were helpful and if you notice I didn't had any because I prioritized my partner. 

If one played gets down, the other (in combat) may have a little hard time than it was in solo. 

I'm not sure but I noticed that enemy spawns are added extra per room when playing in co-op not by a huge amount but 3 to 4 max. With that extra health it changes the way. 

Interesting, co-op seems to make things a lot more dynamic 

Had a great run, died at the 1st boss 3rd phase after mis timing a dodge or two, still getting used to bumper jumper setup

Just beat Phrike on what was my shortest run yet. Think it lasted 15 mins at most, went in with a lvl 2 shotty with half healrh, no astronaut figurine and 1 health consumable, almost died at the 3rd phase. I think I didn’t breath the entire duration of the 3rd phase

Now I’m in the desert with a short range weapon

Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Just beat Phrike on what was my shortest run yet. Think it lasted 15 mins at most, went in with a lvl 2 shotty with half healrh, no astronaut figurine and 1 health consumable, almost died at the 3rd phase. I think I didn’t breath the entire duration of the 3rd phase

Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

You'll soon get a new weapon which you'll find awesome but is the second worst in the game. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You'll soon get a new weapon which you'll find awesome but is the second worst in the game. 

Pylon driver?

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What are you saying, it's one of the most favourite weapon among the players. Tagged with CJ vamous and rushab and all were saying their fav is pylon, seeker and carbine. Others they don't use. Unlike me. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Pylon driver?

Hollowseeker

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

What are you saying, it's one of the most favourite weapon among the players. Tagged with CJ vamous and rushab and all were saying their fav is pylon, seeker and carbine. Others they don't use. Unlike me. 

In the initial run, Pylon driver was a lifesaver from biome 4 and up. But it gets boring after beating the game. 

But now I feel like trying more weapons that I missed, like Pyroshell, Coilspine and deadbound. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Hollowseeker

Hollowseeker has sh*t dps dude. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

The Slugshot trait on the shotgun actually makes it a viable ranged weapon. Don't ignore it if you see it.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Pylon driver?

Nah. Pylon Driver is the reverse.

It will feel like sh*t initially, but is actually very effective. So effective, in fact, that it reduces the difficulty of the game by a notch or two :lol:

24 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Hollowseeker with the right mods absolutely slaps. Second best weapon in the game after pylon. 

I'd say every weapon with the right level of upgraded mods absolutely slaps :P

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

People who voted against returnal at the ivg goty poll should feel extreme guilt. I would love to see them get buried in that guilt. 

Dude, what’s done is done

don’t derail the thread please. I won’t ask again

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The Slugshot trait on the shotgun actually makes it a viable ranged weapon. Don't ignore it if you see it.

Nah. Pylon Driver is the reverse.

It will feel like sh*t initially, but is actually very effective. So effective, in fact, that it reduces the difficulty of the game by a notch or two :lol:

I'd say every weapon with the right level of upgraded mods absolutely slaps :P

My favorite is the thermogenic launcher with the full auto trait. So much fun to use. Spitmaw I never really used. Felt too ineffective. Guess I gotta give it a go. Will dive into the wave mode when I get back home. 

10 hours ago, Azathoth said:

Why what happened? Makes you want to play for hours right? :naughty:

Oh dude, i am mesmerized by the world and at the same time irritated by the constant deaths. Phrike is an excellent boss and i am yet to best him.

8 hours ago, b!T said:

Oh dude, i am mesmerized by the world and at the same time irritated by the constant deaths. Phrike is an excellent boss and i am yet to best him.

A suggestion that can help with any boss/enemy is to not constantly keep shooting. Observe boss’ attacks and determine when to dodge, after that get into a good position and start shooting 

this will need a calm head and fighting the instinct to constantly keep shooting 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, b!T said:

Phrike does telegraph a lot of its attacks, what killed me the most was the laser blast sweeping across the arena and the one where it swipes at you

Just learn the attack pattern, keep moving and use bumper jumper if you can. It’s really helpful.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Snake said:

Dude, what’s done is done

don’t derail the thread please. I won’t ask again

Thanks man!!

Also had a co-op run with @Heaven Angel. Co-op is actually well done. He showed me 3-4 new places which i missed in all my runs. Died at crimson waste boss.

Also got all sunface fragments and got the secret ending, the game is phenomenal in every aspect and addictive. 

Want to platinum it but the horrible RnG required is keeping me away. Only need survey trophies rest all are done.

Edited by rushab oswal
Aise hi
  • Like 1