Iceman™

• 1 month later...

“In a racing game, you can adjust the level of detail. Technology wise, it is a very scalable game in terms of maintaining the frame rate and everything else,” Yamauchi said. “We found that we were able to make a PS4 version and a PS5 version without dropping any quality, so that’s why we decided to do both at the same time.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-turismo-7-details-ps4-vs-ps5-driving-physics-gt-cafe-and-more-revealed-in-kazunori-yamauchi-interview/?

- Always online confirmed even in campaign. Says it's to avoid cheating and save data modification. Arcade mode can be played without a connection. 

- dynamic weather and time for all tracks. 

- RT absent during racing. only visible in replays & others. 

- PS4 - PS5 crossplay

- can't speak about VR modes. 

- will be used as a platform. Wants to add modes from previous games that are missing at launch. 

Just read through the interview. Informative.

And yeah, I'm gonna pass on this. Simply cannot come to terms with the reasoning given for the always-online requirement in the friggin' campaign mode. Call me old-school, but I like playing my games with the peace of mind that even if my internet connection (or the games servers themselves) botch up, I'd still want to enjoy my game and not be presented with an idiotic "You've been disconnected" message.

A hard pass. Oh well... I guess, I was foolish enough to expect a simple offline campaign that can be played as per my convenience. Too much to ask, I guess.

I know I'm speaking out of spite and in the heat of the moment, but I kinda feel sad about buying the PS5 now. This was one game I was looking forward to, and it's gone down the drain.

And yeah, I hope people don't lecture me on how other games do it and I don't raise my voice then. I speak about things that matter to me. Simple. Hope that's easy to understand and a fair ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Pretty reasonable to expect the damn campaign mode should be available offline. I mean what sort of cheating do they expect in the campaign? 

If it is like GTS then you can play everything (except MP) offline. You just can't save without internet. So do what Returnal players do, put it into sleep mode and hope there's no FW update :P Next time you connect you can save your progress.

Okay. That makes things easy. But are we sure about that? I mean, I'm going by this response (but if I now read the second bold part, I think he mentions it's only related to the save, like you guys mentioned):

Kazunori Yamauchi: The online connection is required for the campaign mode. The only part of the game that doesn't require an online connection is the arcade mode, because that has no effect on the save data, so that's possible. But anything that has to do with the save data requires a connection. For example things like the livery data as well - that's something that is downloaded from the online server.

7 hours ago, Walker said:

Pretty reasonable to expect the damn campaign mode should be available offline. I mean what sort of cheating do they expect in the campaign? 

Max money, all cars, gold in all tracks, lowest laptimes etc etc etc