Iceman™

57 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Okay. That makes things easy. But are we sure about that? I mean, I'm going by this response (but if I now read the second bold part, I think he mentions it's only related to the save, like you guys mentioned):

Kazunori Yamauchi: The online connection is required for the campaign mode. The only part of the game that doesn't require an online connection is the arcade mode, because that has no effect on the save data, so that's possible. But anything that has to do with the save data requires a connection. For example things like the livery data as well - that's something that is downloaded from the online server.

That's what they said about GTS. The game will not kick you out in the middle of a challenge or license test, it'll just show error at the corner of your screen when you reach auto-save point saying "can not save because no connection".

17 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

That's what they said about GTS. The game will not kick you out in the middle of a challenge or license test, it'll just show error at the corner of your screen when you reach auto-save point saying "can not save because no connection".

That helps. Thanks! Just hoping for a similar confirmation from PD or Sony (or anyone else as the launch approaches).

Faith in humanity, restored.

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Okay. That makes things easy. But are we sure about that? I mean, I'm going by this response (but if I now read the second bold part, I think he mentions it's only related to the save, like you guys mentioned):

Kazunori Yamauchi: The online connection is required for the campaign mode. The only part of the game that doesn't require an online connection is the arcade mode, because that has no effect on the save data, so that's possible. But anything that has to do with the save data requires a connection. For example things like the livery data as well - that's something that is downloaded from the online server.

That's how it was in gt sport & that was an e-sport/online based GT. Also some guys are saying it's because of the FIA tie-up as they require proper lap timings to be updated without any manipulation. 

47 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Do y'all use a steering wheel for GT or use the controller?

For casual stuff controller is just fine 

though you have to tweak the camera settings a bit in third person view to make it feel like other racing games 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

That's how it was in gt sport & that was an e-sport/online based GT. Also some guys are saying it's because of the FIA tie-up as they require proper lap timings to be updated without any manipulation. 

It's in their contract with FIA, to ensure no cheating takes place.

Gotta say after reading the interview hype is building. I skipped GTS because it was more MP focused, but GT7 is going back to its roots. It gives me GT4 vibes such is where the series peaked imo.

Can't wait to drive around high speed ring, circuit de la sarthe, deep forest, trial mountain etc

Edited by Snake

51497090878_0b5eb20ec7_h.jpg

Includes PS5 Game Disc and Voucher for PS4 Game**

In-Game Credits – 1,100,000 CR

Toyota GR Yaris with country specific Livery

30 Manufacturer / Partner Avatars

The Music of Gran Turismo Official Soundtrack

Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra

Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept (Stealth)

Porsche 917K Living Legend

48 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Is anyone able to access the PS Store from the PS App or the phone's browser?

I got a notification from the PS App (on my phone) that GT7 is available for pre-order (since it was in my wishlist), but I'm not able to access the store section at all.

Yup, am able to access the store via phone app just fine

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I see this game it gives me mad GT4 vibes. Gonna be there Day 1

The swirly lines are the Deep Forest track

Ford Taurus Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Edited by Snake