Iceman™

Just now, AnK said:

It’s like 7k. 

I don’t think anyone will pay close to half of that for PS4 version. 

Specially when we haven’t even seen how it looks like & is there even a point to ditch GTSport for that. 

Maybe closer to the date when we have seen what it offers I can think about it,if this code let’s you upgrade to PS5 for $10 in future as promised. 

Yes, not expecting anyone to pay half of 7k :)

i was expecting somewhere around 35-40% of the total value for ps4 code. Also that can be discussed.

I am just looking in case anyone is interested :) 

ps: you should be able to upgrade to ps5 version for $10. But lets see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

1st HFW, now this. Kraken failing left and right 

667GB looking tiny if even the 1st party studios can’t even deliver good file sizes

What exactly is a good file size according to you? Sizes will always keep increasing.

Did Cerny promise an exact size for all types of games in his presentation about the kraken tech?

How do you know it's not doing its thing if you don't have an equivalent non kraken compressed pkg file? 

We have enough proof to know it works well, so it's safe to assume size would have been higher if not for this.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

What exactly is a good file size according to you? Sizes will always keep increasing.

Did Cerny promise an exact size for all types of games in his presentation about the kraken tech?

How do you know it's not doing its thing if you don't have an equivalent non kraken compressed pkg file? 

We have enough proof to know it works well, so it's safe to assume size would have been higher if not for this.

30-50GB is a good average file size range for kraken to show its chops

Just now, 0verlord said:

That’s why I said average 

and also gave a reasonable range 

and kraken is supposed to be a magic wand

Exactly. Without knowing the compression ratio here, it's impossible to assume it's failing. 

11 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Exactly. Without knowing the compression ratio here, it's impossible to assume it's failing. 

Whatever it is, ultimately as a consumer, I only get 667gb. Kraken is supposed to make that 667GB sufficient but with these massive hfw and gt7 sizes, kraken is failing at its job, from end-consumer point of view especially since both are PS exclusives and should set an example 

4 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Whatever it is, ultimately as a consumer, I only get 667gb. Kraken is supposed to make that 667GB sufficient but with these massive hfw and gt7 sizes, kraken is failing at its job, from end-consumer point of view especially since both are PS exclusives and should set an example 

:roflroll:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

That's unfortunate for you.

Let's assume they remove this compression entirely, you'd probably need 130gigs of space instead of 95. Would you consider that an equivalent failure or a bigger fail?

Krakens job was to decrease size of the final package, to help upcoming massive sized games to be manageable, not to make sure all game sizes don't go over a certain threshold.

5 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

:rofl: oh my lawd!!

game native 4k bhi hona chaiye but agar game size badh gaya toh rona bhi hai ki kraken is not working... kraken is sh*t!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrIzAliD said:

:rofl: oh my lawd!!

game native 4k bhi hona chaiye but agar game size badh gaya toh rona bhi hai ki kraken is not working... kraken is sh*t!!

have you even played Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart? all 4K glory and less than 35GB - that's Kraken and my benchmark

HFW could very well be like 45-50GB comparatively if we think what was done with Rift Apart