Hitman 3

GeraltOfRivia

23 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

They're not really "older" and Hitman 3 is barely a new game. It's just newer levels in pretty much the same three-part game. Hitman 3 is more like an expansion.

Yep.

@adity If you like Hitman 3 you should definitely get 1 and 2, because you're just adding new levels and thats it. It's more of the same (in a good way). The "old games" here are not the ones from 15-20 years ago.

Edited by dylanjosh

Hitman story. Wat. :lol:

And yes, this is more of an expansion. If you have played Hitman before and known to series, you know the drill. 10-100 times the map, know every area and objects, multiple ways to eliminate the target, all silent assassin master run, etc,. 

While I like the new trilogy, it got nothing over old Hitman games. The new ones are very watered down for new players to get into the series. Not a bad thing as the games are still done well.

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Hitman story. Wat. :lol:

And yes, this is more of an expansion. If you have played Hitman before and known to series, you know the drill. 10-100 times the map, know every area and objects, multiple ways to eliminate the target, all silent assassin master run, etc,. 

While I like the new trilogy, it got nothing over old Hitman games. The new ones are very watered down for new players to get into the series. Not a bad thing as the games are still done well.

Story is not bad and ending is pretty satisfying of this new trilogy.

And I can name multiple game franchises or Series which are more of a same in terms of core mechanics and havnt changed one bit and people give those games Goty. For example Doom Eternal which also feels like expansion to2016 Doom but people give it goty. So i don't know why you have to dismiss it by calling it a expansion. If its not broken or bad then why change it?

There's nothing out there like Hitman and yes it streamlined for new players like every other big franchise games, but if you play it on hard difficulty with all assists off then its pretty much gives old game experience. I like new Trilogy more than old games including Blood money and its one of my all time favourite Hitman game. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

17 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Story is not bad and ending is pretty satisfying of this new trilogy.

And I can name multiple game franchises or Series which are more of a same in terms of core mechanics and havnt changed one bit and people give those games Goty. For example Doom Eternal which also feels like expansion to2016 Doom but people give it goty. So i don't know why you have to dismiss it by calling it a expansion. If its not broken or bad then why change it?

I didn't say it is bad? The game is very good at what it does. Am just saying if someone has already played previous games shouldn't be expecting much changes outside the map addition.

DOOM Eternal isn't just map addition. 

17 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

There's nothing out there like Hitman

Never going to be. That's why I never want Hitman series to die. 

Edited by Joe Cool

21 minutes ago, AnK said:

The very fact that it lets you to use all the old missions in the same app with every new instalment ,is clear indication that it’s an expansion format more then a brand new game 

Comparing that to proper sequels of multilayered campaign based games & saying that “those are glorified dlc’s” but these are “proper sequels”  is something only & only capable in ZodkaBS.com’s daily coverage of bullshitery :rofl:

Unreleased games are already crap

unannounced/unrevealed games are already masterful 

Mungerilal is the man of the hour :lol: 

Have you played any Hitman?

Its using same engine technology,  which makes it possible to import levels. Lot of other games done that. Improvements applied in Hitman 3 are also applied to old Hitman games visually. So basically you can experience Trilogy all in one place and you say it like it's a bad thing :doh:

Every game offers brand new locations, gadgets and characters like most sequels. Its Trilogy, you can't really expect ground breaking changes which affects core gameplay mechanics. 

Name one new gameplay changes or any major changes in UC3 and 4 outside of  better graphics, story and locations? Lol.

@Joe Cool

Lol Doom Eternal is exact same as Doom 2016. Almost identical in graphics and gameplay. Nothing major changed in Doom Eternal. I played it and i was like this can be sold as expansion. You can't really expect them to change whole lot in 2 years time and same goes for Hitman games. 

For a sequel to change in major way, you have to spend 4-5 years or more like Rockstar games do.

IO is also walking away from Hitman games now. They not milking it with 4 and 5.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/31/io-interactive-on-walking-away-from-the-hitman-series%3famp

Moving onto 007 games. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

These days dlc's, expansions, sequels; everything is a blur. Just a bit of overhaul in the graphics, a couple of minor gameplay addition, and then it becomes a new thing. It is just the amount of new content that dictates whether it is a dlc or a sequel. Expansions are rarities nowadays. All of this is just to mint as much money as possible to get max ROI. AA/AAA games these days are huge investments and to take risks and fail is not an option for many publishers/studios.

If you are looking at true sequels, then look at the  shift from old GoW trilogy to the newer God of War or RE3 to RE4, where the way you actually play the game has completely changed but the main ethos of the franchise still remains. Those are few and far between.

26 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

These days dlc's, expansions, sequels; everything is a blur. Just a bit of overhaul in the graphics, a couple of minor gameplay addition, and then it becomes a new thing. It is just the amount of new content that dictates whether it is a dlc or a sequel. Expansions are rarities nowadays. All of this is just to mint as much money as possible to get max ROI. AA/AAA games these days are huge investments and to take risks and fail is not an option for many publishers/studios.

If you are looking at true sequels, then look at the  shift from old GoW trilogy to the newer God of War or RE3 to RE4, where the way you actually play the game has completely changed but the main ethos of the franchise still remains. Those are few and far between.

2-3years not enough time to make huge changes in sequels, no sequel will drastically change compare to its predecessor. Its not possible. 

In case of Hitman, i will say one more thing that dismissing Hitman locations just as map packs is huge insult to talented devs at IO interactive.  Every level in each installation of the series is beautifully detailed and massive in scope. Every inch of those maps are hand crafted and all maps feel like a real place where people work and live. It takes them months to create one map coz they know map design is strength of Hitman games.  They not changing core formula much and following tried and tested gameplay structure but that's coz they sequels part of one Trilogy. So its unfair to expect big changes as no other game or franchise part of Trilogy changed much in its core formula. 

Can't wait to experience this level on SX with RT.

Edited by WhiteWolf

42 minutes ago, AnK said:

But I’m really sad 

that SX is finally showing it’s muscle over PS5 

I was expecting it from the very start but after the launch fiasco or f**k up whatever you may say ,I had a little change of heart that PS5 would not churn out inferior console ports at the very least

But now everything is up in the air again 

Going with SeriesX makes more sense for now 

But its only 1 game lol

1 hour ago, Snake said:

But its only 1 game lol

44 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yeah it is 

that’s why it’s up in the air 

I think next few games will be decisive 

If it was just the GDK then even the older games like Valhalla,Immortals,Dirt 5 & others can easily be patched to improve performance on SX 

But we haven’t seen that yet 

:lol:

the last of the ps fanboys has fallen.... 'hope' is all thats left of ps5 defense force now !

4 hours ago, AnK said:

But I’m really sad 

that SX is finally showing it’s muscle over PS5 

I was expecting it from the very start but after the launch fiasco or f**k up whatever you may say ,I had a little change of heart that PS5 would not churn out inferior console ports at the very least

But now everything is up in the air again 

Going with SeriesX makes more sense for now 

One more Bantu Pappu :rofl:

Buying Series X to play old games for a fps bump :lol:

Buy Next gen console and play nothing next gen :roflroll:

Buy GP and justify console :lol: