Demon's Souls Remake

GeraltOfRivia

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Hmm kinda pointless remake. We have so many souls like games releasing anyway, what was the point of remaking this?

Should have used Bluepoint to remake some other game, such as Legend of Dragoon.

Most people haven't played this game and think that Dark Souls is the genesis of modern Souls formula. sh*t needs to be corrected :P

• Haha 1

Best part was Shuhei Yoshida claiming the game was near and dear to his heart. Wasn't he the head of Sony World Wide Studios, who refused to bring Demon's Souls to the West despite the community begging for it back in 09? If he had listened to the community then and given From the recognition it deserved instead of Atlus, then the entire gaming industry would have been very different today lol.

Just now, adity said:

But from is such a major success these days. Anything they touch is bound to sell millions of copies. From games have had a major impact on gaming even outside the souls genre. You can definitely see their influence in almost all modern games involving melee combat. 

That is the joke exactly. Demon's Souls had a very dedicated and very vocal community, that was quite big - even with a JP only release. For years, they begged Sony to release DS to the West. Sony didn't care and let Atlus do it. They did not recognize the gold they had and made no deal with From, instead allowing Atlus to do the port and not caring about Bandai Namco was going to do Dark Souls. From was not known much at that time. Had they respected the community and made a deal with From - the entire SoulsBorne Genre would have been exclusive to PS. And now, after all these years (some of which fans spent continuously begging Sony to listen to them) - Shuhei Yoshida is claiming that Demon's Souls is very dear to his heart and presenting it as though it's his great achievement.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

There was no way soulsborne genre would have stayed exclusive to ps even if sony published demons souls in the west long back. Once it blew up, the game was bound to be on multiplatform devices either via a a spiritual successor or imitations like surge, nioh etc. 

Also Yoshida is trolled not because he didn't release it but he explicitly said the game was sh*t or crap

32 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

There was no way soulsborne genre would have stayed exclusive to ps even if sony published demons souls in the west long back. Once it blew up, the game was bound to be on multiplatform devices either via a a spiritual successor or imitations like surge, nioh etc. 

Also Yoshida is trolled not because he didn't release it but he explicitly said the game was sh*t or crap

And how many of those non Fromsoft games became as successful? I don't think any reached the heights of From's games. Nioh and Hollow Knight are pribably the only ones to be even relatively successful. Also, if there was a proper publishing agreement in place - no publisher will allow extremely similar games made by same dev who is under them to exist. Demon's Souls to Sekiro is possible. DS to BB as well, since there are concrete differences. Sony/MS/Any publisher for that matter would have objected to making something like Dark Souls since both are extremely similar.

I hope they arent afraid to touch up some gameplay elements. The World tendency needs a overhaul. Drop items for weapon upgrades (especially bladestones were a f**king PITA). Tower of Latria needs to look less like 1 room copy pasted 20 times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Yes, they are not honouring the original atmosphere.

Demon's souls does have the best atmosphere in any of the souls games till now.

The new tower knight looks so colourful and bright - like a monster hunter game and look at the original.

On 6/13/2020 at 12:10 AM, Aftrunner said:

I hope they arent afraid to touch up some gameplay elements. The World tendency needs a overhaul. Drop items for weapon upgrades (especially bladestones were a f**king PITA). Tower of Latria needs to look less like 1 room copy pasted 20 times. 

Tower of latria was amazing.

Easily the most favourite place of people, mine was 1st archstone though.

All rooms looking similar was the intention to make you feel lost.

Most people haven't played this game and think that Dark Souls is the genesis of modern Souls formula. sh*t needs to be corrected [emoji14]

True that. As a OG souls fan i played this game when it launched on the PS3. I still have the original disk saved with me eventhough i dont have the console itself any more. This game is really good and i am so hyped that its getting a remake.

Also any chance the OG owners get the game for free? [emoji14]

Most people haven't played this game and think that Dark Souls is the genesis of modern Souls formula. sh*t needs to be corrected [emoji14]
True that. As a OG souls fan i played this game when it launched on the PS3. I still have the original disk saved with me eventhough i dont have the console itself any more. This game is really good and i am so hyped that its getting a remake.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Ah, finally I can get to play as Old Monk again.

Some of the best and unique bosses are in Demon's.

Hope they change the farming system. It was extremely boring to farm for those healing items