Demon's Souls Remake

GeraltOfRivia

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

I sucked at BB so much but went onto Plat it putting lot of hours.

Heard this from so many players. How they were bad at it initially and later it became their GOAT :) Will give it another try...I think this is the best time to start on a time consuming game.

57 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I think they'll receive a lot of flak from fans if they do that.

They can provide difficulty modes may be?

Just now, Bauji said:

Heard this from so many players. How they were bad at it initially and later it became their GOAT :) Will give it another try...I think this is the best time to start on a time consuming game.

Difficulty modes in these games are kinda built in, you just gotta research it a bit on the net...

1 minute ago, gamer_adi said:

Difficulty modes in these games are kinda built in, you just gotta research it a bit on the net...

I meant the modes we see usually in other games(wont mind wearing a chicken hat too ?)

Read about music box for example but still was never able to beat Father Guacamole. 

51 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Yeah, even I had a similar experience. Initially, I just couldn't fathom how anyone could find these games fun. But I love them now :P

I guess once you're okay with the fact that you are meant to die a lot and you're still progressing in a way even by dying, it just clicks with you. 

51 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Don't know about others but I wouldn't mind that personally :P

• Like 1

While demon's souls is definitely the least forgiving game for a melee character and is a complete joke for a mage.

Extremely Easy mode right there.

A mage can beat every boss (except storm King) in the game with just a couple of casual presses of buttons.

Edited by GunnerY2J

14 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Having difficulty levels wont be stopping them to do the same.

If it had difficulty levels, the current setting would be the easiest setting.

Like now, the first playthrough is the easiest setting and it increases the difficulty every ng cycle.

New game is easy, new game plus is very easy, new game plus 2 is normal, new game plus 3 is hard.

If there was an even more easy setting, the game would lose half of its appeal, there would be no sense of beating a boss on easy, anyone after dying a few times would just shift to easy.

And as I said every game on the hardest difficulty setting is much more difficult than souls games, but no one plays these other games on hard settings because there is an option.

It's just that now, everyone is playing the same game and everyone who beats it is happy.

Having an easier mode would take it away.

Edited by GunnerY2J

I am hyped for this. 

My experience with the souls series has been thus far:

Demon's Souls - Hype --> Bought game --> Died a ton due to cluncky combat --> smashed my controller in anger --> bought new controller --> did mediation --> beat game

Dark Souls: Gameplay felt super smooth in comparison with Demon Souls --> Died a few times --> stopped playing after reaching NG+7

Dark Souls 2: Enjoyed it even more

• Like 1

While demon's souls is definitely the least forgiving game for a melee character and is a complete joke for a mage.
Extremely Easy mode right there.

A mage can beat every boss (except storm King) in the game with just a couple of casual presses of buttons.
Even more reason to git gud and play it melee.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

If it had difficulty levels, the current setting would be the easiest setting.

Like now, the first playthrough is the easiest setting and it increases the difficulty every ng cycle.

New game is easy, new game plus is very easy, new game plus 2 is normal, new game plus 3 is hard.

If there was an even more easy setting, the game would lose half of its appeal, there would be no sense of beating a boss on easy, anyone after dying a few times would just shift to easy.

And as I said every game on the hardest difficulty setting is much more difficult than souls games, but no one plays these other games on hard settings because there is an option.

It's just that now, everyone is playing the same game and everyone who beats it is happy.

Having an easier mode would take it away.

Ohh, ok. Guess will have to play BB. Will wait for few months to see if there is any advantage of playing it on PS5(slim chance), else will start it on PS4.

9 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Demon's Souls - Hype --> Bought game --> Died a ton due to cluncky combat --> smashed my controller in anger --> bought new controller --> did mediation --> beat game

Is this fun?

Yes, demon's is the best and most refined souls game till date.

Best music, best environments, best NPCs (except Solaire and onion knight), best dialogues, the most boss variety in the series.

And actually the shortest but would take long, nexus is the best hub as well.

More refined than bloodborne and dark souls 3.

Only combat is dated and very slow and level design is just a tad inferior to dark souls 1.

But the 5 hubs are also special.

Equipment burden and carry load are a bitch

and world tendencies as well but unique.

Edited by GunnerY2J