Demon's Souls Remake

GeraltOfRivia

15 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I'm curious about all the people saying they couldn't play the original: Is it only for Demons Souls or any of the Souls games? :scratchchin:

All are hard and require patience. But they are easy once you get used to the pattern. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

All are hard and require patience. But they are easy once you get used to the pattern. 

Of course. I only played 3 or so hours of Sekiro but I loved it. Just wondering whether these guys aren't into the genre as a whole or just Demons Souls

22 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I'm curious about all the people saying they couldn't play the original: Is it only for Demons Souls or any of the Souls games? :scratchchin:

I struggled with Souls' formula and gave up on Demon Souls. I skipped DS1 and DS2 as well because of DeS experience. Picked up Bloddborne for PS4 after reading a lot of positive reviews, watched a lot of beginner videos to understand the game mechanics, enemy attack patterns and how to be patient. Loved the game after that and ended up playing rest of the games in the series - in a weird order of DS2 SotFS, DS1 and DeS  :lol: 

edit: DeS especially was difficult at launch because I never played a game like that at that time. The closest one I can think of difficulty wise is Ninja Gaiden Black.  Now, I want them to reboot Ninja Gaiden or give it the RE2 remake treatment :lol: 

Edited by Keano
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Of course. I only played 3 or so hours of Sekiro but I loved it. Just wondering whether these guys aren't into the genre as a whole or just Demons Souls

Most seem to quite after 2-3 hours of dying. The early levels can be challenging as you are very new / under leveled. But once you get past starting stuff, it gets easy and you die a lot less. 

Sekiro was a lot of fun. Way less brutal than DS games though. 

No, demon's souls is the hardest souls game at the start for a melee character.

Everytime I just re start it casually with the thought of let's just try it for a couple of hours and see how far I go, and I don't go much further.

And even the end game is hard with a powered character.

Old save file and I struggle to even reach the final boss on Ng plus 3.

While dark souls 2,3 and bloodborne would be easy on replays and a breeze to run past every enemy.

Dark souls 1 & 3 on Ng plus takes 5 hours to beat.

Demon's souls design is such you can't run past enemies skipping everything.

Edited by GunnerY2J

3 hours ago, Keano said:

yes .. 10/10 would do it again 

Rich guy ? 

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

For me, never had any interest in souls formula. Bought BB because of the hype(& Sekiro for the steelbook, game is still untouched). I was playing it in the pre-corona era when gaming used to be a weekend only activity and this game wasnt translating well to that mode of playing. Have to again get used to attack/dodge timings every week, especially that stun attack that was crucial for doing massive damage. Then once because of travel & work, cudnt play for 3 weeks straight and on resuming it was finding it hard to even reach to Father Guacamole. So, game difficulty wasn't the main issue. Now when I can play for at-least an hour or so everyday, planning to give it another try.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dante77 said:

My only worry is that is that since it was the first souls game, will it play like Dark Souls? Are there any gameplay improvements? I never played DeS so don't know how much inferior it is compared to Dark Souls but gameplay should be of equal quality if not better.

Dark souls 1 and demon's souls , demon's souls is still slower.

And dodging isn't that reliable, one can't roll through attacks the way we can in the next games.

More about positioning and we lose out stamina more easily and get stun locked easily as well.

Parrying window is more tricky as well.

Edited by GunnerY2J

9 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Did he say it's running 1440p?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Running on performance mode yes.

Imagine Native 4k mode :O

1440p/60fps will be the norm now i think

Edited by hope
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

How come this 1440p looks incredible but Dirt 5 at 1440p looked like a muddled mess on Series S? What's the technical reason? Lower quality assets to reduce game size?

Using lower quality assets to attain 60fps or 120fps maybe.

If that's the case comparisons with XSX or PS5 gameplay should make it obvious.

30 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

How come this 1440p looks incredible but Dirt 5 at 1440p looked like a muddled mess on Series S? What's the technical reason? Lower quality assets to reduce game size?

Depends on developer too.. Blue point is known for their amazing tech and graphics.. Just look at Shadow remake.

Last gen Forza Horizon 4 looks better than Dirt 5 running on Series X. Dirt 5 doesnt look impressive on any console. Both PS5 and Series X versions barely look better than FH4

Here Series X trailer of Dirt 5

FH4 last gen game

FH 5 on Series S will blow Dirt 5 version of Series X and PS5 out of the water, im telling you right now lol.. PlayGround games knows their stuff when it comes to graphics lol

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1