Demon's Souls Remake

GeraltOfRivia

This is most probably the easiest game in the entire Fromsoft series. Every boss can be cheesed and some builds are straight up uber OP. That said, if you really want challenge - go Full Black World Tendency and fight the NPC Black Phantoms. They are far harder than bosses. Some such as Black Phantom Satsuki are really hard.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Generally with these fantoms, what I do is get their 1st hit bounced off my shield, get a few attacks in, roll away - rinse and repeat 

The named Black Phantoms (Who only appear if you are at Pure Black WT) are still very hard, and can counter. For example - your strategy of hit bounce shield - BP Satsuki (Whom I posted), will after certain amount of damage - heal himself (, while you are rolling and waiting for stamina to refill). Then again come to damage you. Any damage you take, will be a waste of your grass. He will also dodge and roll just like you. So you do need to be somewhat aggressive.

Such encounters then - when to be aggressive and when to go defensive, become very fun.

Edited by roun90

21 minutes ago, roun90 said:

The named Black Phantoms (Who only appear if you are at Pure Black WT) are still very hard, and can counter. For example - your strategy of hit bounce shield - BP Satsuki (Whom I posted), will after certain amount of damage - heal himself (, while you are rolling and waiting for stamina to refill). Then again come to damage you. Any damage you take, will be a waste of your grass. He will also dodge and roll just like you. So you do need to be somewhat aggressive.

Such encounters then - when to be aggressive and when to go defensive, become very fun.

while he’s dodging away to try to heal, run like hell and get a backstab. I’ve seen this work in PvP

also, after some tries, you get an estimate of when he’ll try to heal. Just before that, run away towards the stairs and get out his aggro range so that he forgets the encounter and the urge to heal. Then, go back and finish him off

I’ve not tried these tactics on black fantom Satsuki but should be interesting, will try it 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Good Lord, the atmosphere in Tower of Latria is in-fcuking-sane! It feels like a f**king survival-horror game, and the high production values really elevate it to another level.

This is definitely up there among the absolute best-looking games I've played. Though CP2077 does look better when it's firing on all cylinders, DS edges it out when the overall visual polish is taken into consideration.

Fantastic job by Bluepoint on not just the stunning graphical fidelity but also the art-direction, which they seem to have expanded upon quite a bit from the original.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

f**king hated the grind for consumables though after dying to the boss. You can really see the evolution of from software playing Elden Ring after this. 

Yeah, FromSoft has definitely come a long way from this. ER is pretty much the souls formula perfected.

Though I will say, there's still some kind of weird charm to the endurance run-like levels in this and the added tension they bring (although I could just be saying that because I'm not too far into the game and I haven't experienced true frustration yet :P).

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Good Lord, the atmosphere in Tower of Latria is in-fcuking-sane! It feels like a f**king survival-horror game, and the high production values really elevate it to another level.

This is definitely up there among the absolute best-looking games I've played. Though CP2077 does look better when it's firing on all cylinders, DS edges it out when the overall visual polish is taken into consideration.

Fantastic job by Bluepoint on not just the stunning graphical fidelity but also the art-direction, which they seem to have expanded upon quite a bit from the original.

This is how it used to look on PS3. I feel in remake they toned down atmosphere due to pristine image quality and lack of grain in image. I played on ps3 and this level used to be the topic of discussion all the time.

wait till you have to run all the way from the beginning of the level to the end where the boss is :giggle:

Good Lord, the atmosphere in Tower of Latria is in-fcuking-sane! It feels like a f**king survival-horror game

SoulsBorne genre in general can be considered one of survival horror . 

Can’t say about Elden Ring but Bloodborne is one of the best “horror” games I’ve ever played. 

It easily shits on other survival horror games like TLOU,RE,Evil Within when it comes to actual “horror” moments. 

Specially the dungeons part of it…..that’s like walking into the abyss in actuality. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Bloodborne is scary as hell.

No, it isn’t and I have completed base game and DLC too

it has “horror” elements but isn’t a “horror” game which is meant to scare you 

resident evil 7 on the other hand is ???

5 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

This is how it used to look on PS3. I feel in remake they toned down atmosphere due to pristine image quality and lack of grain in image. I played on ps3 and this level used to be the topic of discussion all the time.

Had seen a few videos already and TBH I actually think the atmosphere in the remake is much bleaker and much better.

Of course, my opinion might have been different had I played the original back when it came out.

Ohh and you do have an option to turn on film grain in the remake.

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

wait till you have to run all the way from the beginning of the level to the end where the boss is :giggle:

That's already happened :P

Had to redo almost the entirety of Upper Latria thrice. And two of those were due to fall deaths SMH.

But I didn't really mind it too much because of how mesmerizing the atmosphere and graphics are.

4 hours ago, AnK said:

SoulsBorne genre in general can be considered one of survival horror . 

Can’t say about Elden Ring but Bloodborne is one of the best “horror” games I’ve ever played. 

It easily shits on other survival horror games like TLOU,RE,Evil Within when it comes to actual “horror” moments. 

Specially the dungeons part of it…..that’s like walking into the abyss in actuality. 

Yeah, Bloodborne is creepy as hell. In fact, Latria in DS reminded me of it a lot with the Lovecraft-inspired enemies and atmosphere.

On that note, I really hope Bluepoint's working on a Bloodborne remake. Just can't imagine how good that would be.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

On 4/13/2022 at 11:12 PM, 0verlord said:

No, it isn’t and I have completed base game and DLC too

it has “horror” elements but isn’t a “horror” game which is meant to scare you 

Head into the dungeons & let me know if you come out without wet pants. 

On 4/14/2022 at 3:21 AM, STICK3Rboy said:

On that note, I really hope Bluepoint's working on a Bloodborne remake. Just can't imagine how good that would be.

I would eventually love to play a bloodborne remake but right now I think it might be some wasted effort. There isn't much they can put into a bloodborne remake just yet. Game already is a looker. Not gonna be much better. Game is not even slightly dated. PS5 loading times are bliss. They will add haptics and adaptive triggers and there isn't much else to do after that unless they create new content.

Any XYZ company can remaster Bloodborne as it’s not really two gen old & remake is not needed. 

Bluepoint has made it clear that they will create some original design from ground up now…instead of redoing someone else’s design. 

My guess is MGS remake as lot of rumours going around Konami IP’s & Sony.