Demon's Souls Remake

GeraltOfRivia

25 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I would eventually love to play a bloodborne remake but right now I think it might be some wasted effort. There isn't much they can put into a bloodborne remake just yet. Game already is a looker. Not gonna be much better. Game is not even slightly dated. PS5 loading times are bliss. They will add haptics and adaptive triggers and there isn't much else to do after that unless they create new content.

60 fps. Very highly needed. In fact tons of people are holding out on BB (Those who have not already played it) simply for 60 fps. Also, assets can be improved by a lot. There is a marked difference between graphics of BB and DeS Remake or even Elden Ring. The atmosphere of BB is out of this world. If they Remake it to DeS standards, it's going to blow minds off. Hemwick, School/Nightmare of Mensis, Cainhurst etc. on DeS Remake style graphics - nothing is even going to come close. BB actually sorely needs a remake.

18 minutes ago, AnK said:

Any XYZ company can remaster Bloodborne as it’s not really two gen old & remake is not needed. 

Bluepoint has made it clear that they will create some original design from ground up now…instead of redoing someone else’s design. 

My guess is MGS remake as lot of rumours going around Konami IP’s & Sony. 

Bluepoint will do what Sony tells them to. If Sony tells them to Remake BB, they will. Bluepoint has not yet made a super-hit game of their own that they can dictate terms to Sony (Unlike say ND, Insomniac, Sucker Punch etc.)

Also, I would forget MGS if I were you. Kojima is not there. But MGS is still a major money earner for Konami in Pachinko business. Also, Konami will never give MGS to any place that can potentially pass it off to Kojima. Nor will Kojima take it or like Sony making exclusive deals with Konami regarding MGS. Japanese "Honor" and all. It's a different culture than in the West.

Edited by roun90

Obviously Bluepoint will do whatever Sony approves….wonder why anyone would think otherwise.

What I meant was that if I was Sony I would just ask for remastered/touched up version of Bloodborne.

But yes that would be a task since the original source code is in Fromsoftware’s possession just like original source code of Demon Souls.

Maybe yeah they’d have to remake it for that reason rather than remaster.

Also it’s Bluepoint itself which has stated they’re working on a new designed game rather than someone else’s….so it can’t be Bloodborne. 

As for Konami & MGS,all they have to do is sell/license the IP to Sony for console gaming going forth. 
They can keep their Pachinko business rights intact & if anything they’ll benefit from a fresh game release rather than losing anything.  

36 minutes ago, AnK said:

As for Konami & MGS,all they have to do is sell/license the IP to Sony for console gaming going forth. 
They can keep their Pachinko business rights intact & if anything they’ll benefit from a fresh game release rather than losing anything.  

This is the problem where "Japanese Honor" comes in. Konami's prestident essentially booted off Kojima after almost holding him a prisoner. He's not going to like MGS going back to Kojima (Which will happen if Sony takes it - they have excellent relationship with him). 

At the same time, if Konami makes some deal with Sony where MGS is not given to Kojima - Kojima himself will not like it. It's his honor and life's work on the line. He will see it as a "betrayal" and will most probably not work with Sony again. Which Sony will also not like.

Do you remember Hironobu Sakaguchi of Mistwalker? The guy who created the original Final Fantasy games up to FF9. How he worked only on X360 and Wii games during the PS3/360 era (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey etc. were created for 360). He failed on 360, and had to go mobile only, but never worked with Sony again.

Same with Itagaki - who created the original Ninja Gaiden Games (NG1, NG2 etc.) and Dead or Alive Games. He hated Sony and never worked with them. The Sigma games were created by another employee, and he had to be booted out of Team Ninja for them to make Sony games.

"Japanese Honor" concept is funny that way. You do what they see as betrayal, they will never worj with you again. So I doubt Sony will ever do anything against that.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

60 fps. Very highly needed. In fact tons of people are holding out on BB (Those who have not already played it) simply for 60 fps. Also, assets can be improved by a lot. There is a marked difference between graphics of BB and DeS Remake or even Elden Ring. The atmosphere of BB is out of this world. If they Remake it to DeS standards, it's going to blow minds off. Hemwick, School/Nightmare of Mensis, Cainhurst etc. on DeS Remake style graphics - nothing is even going to come close. BB actually sorely needs a remake.

Bluepoint will do what Sony tells them to. If Sony tells them to Remake BB, they will. Bluepoint has not yet made a super-hit game of their own that they can dictate terms to Sony (Unlike say ND, Insomniac, Sucker Punch etc.)

Also, I would forget MGS if I were you. Kojima is not there. But MGS is still a major money earner for Konami in Pachinko business. Also, Konami will never give MGS to any place that can potentially pass it off to Kojima. Nor will Kojima take it or like Sony making exclusive deals with Konami regarding MGS. Japanese "Honor" and all. It's a different culture than in the West.

I agree with everything u just said and I will say a remake is still useless. A remaster however would be brilliant. All these things u mentioned can be very easily added in a remaster and like I said...right now a remake is useless. 60 fps and fine tuning of some stuff graphically can all be easily achieved in a remaster. I would love a remaster asap. A remake is waste of time and effort for now. Later when there is more to put into the remake. That's when it will make sense. 60fps is a yearning still. It holds up brilliantly on 30fps. But yes. 60 would be bliss.

Obviously it would be hard for bluepoint to do this because they can't have the original source code. Which is why I hope fromsoft does it after a hypothetical elden ring DLC. I would prefer fromsoft remasters it because that has a chance for near future while bluepoint won't remake for a while cause there isn't a lot of new stuff except 60 fps. Rest is all minor fine tuning. Fromsoft can actually just patch bb to 60 fps. That would also be great.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

2 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I would eventually love to play a bloodborne remake but right now I think it might be some wasted effort. There isn't much they can put into a bloodborne remake just yet. Game already is a looker. Not gonna be much better. Game is not even slightly dated. PS5 loading times are bliss. They will add haptics and adaptive triggers and there isn't much else to do after that unless they create new content.

I'm guessing you haven't played the DS remake yet? Compared to BB there's a huge generational difference in the graphics, and the game is all the better for it too.

BB looks beautiful artistically (definitely one of FromSoft's best work there) but it was a mixed bag from a technical standpoint even back when it came out.

37 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

It holds up brilliantly on 30fps.

It really doesn't. Far from it in fact.

Maybe you've just gotten used to it after playing it for so and so hours, but the game is infamous for its shitty frame pacing.

Not to mention how the image quality is ruined by the horrible aliasing.

Yes, the above mentioned issues can be fixed with a remaster, but I'd rather they just go all out with a remake at this point after looking at how amazing DS looks.

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I'm guessing you haven't played the DS remake yet? Compared to BB there's a huge generational difference in the graphics, and the game is all the better for it too.

BB looks beautiful artistically (definitely one of FromSoft's best work there) but it was a mixed bag from a technical standpoint even back when it came out.

It really doesn't. Far from it in fact.

Maybe you've just gotten used to it after playing it for so and so hours, but the game is infamous for its shitty frame pacing.

Not to mention how the image quality is ruined by the horrible aliasing.

Yes, the above mentioned issues can be fixed with a remaster, but I'd rather they just go all out with a remake at this point after looking at how amazing DS looks.

Haven't played original or remake of demons souls. Makes sense tho. 30 fps never bothered me but I guess it will soon enough. Pretty excited for DSR. Playing dark souls right now. My PC is sh*t so its running on very low settings. Not to mention I'm running the original game. I have a PS5 just haven't bought the game yet. Cracked it on PC instead. Dark souls 2 I can't run on my PC so I'll buy that and DS3. I have heard dark souls 2 is complete sh*t. Guess I'll find out cause I'll play it either ways. Mostly just waiting to play sekiro, DS3, DSR and once I'm done with all the souls games. Elden ring. Altho HFW before anything else asap. Just as soon as my boards end.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

Completed the game.

It's probably the weakest of the FS souls-likes I've played so far owing to the mostly simplistic level design and bosses. And that's understandable because this is the first one.

Still a really good game which I enjoyed a lot. Boletaria Palace and Latria were exceptional and were definitely the best parts of the game for me.

And of course, Bluepoint has knocked it out of the park with the audiovisual experience and atmosphere. Not sure if I would have liked the game as much had I picked up the original now.

13 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Not sure if I would have liked the game as much had I picked up the original now.

It's a completely different game bro. Look at this Maneater boss fight on PS5. Too easy. You know exactly when to dodge.

Compare this with PS3 version. Even in YouTube you can see it's much harder.

No idea how I finished this fight. Remember trying 40-50 times for a few bosses that took 100+ hrs to finish.

I suspect one could wrap this up on ps5 under 30 hrs at much lower level.

Edited by Vaibhavp

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

It's a completely different game bro. Look at this Maneater boss fight on PS5. Too easy. You know exactly when to dodge.

Compare this with PS3 version. Even in YouTube you can see it's much harder.

Don't really notice much of a difference TBH :P

But I'll take your word for it. Maybe the difference would've been more apparent to me if I had played the original.

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

I suspect one could wrap this up on ps5 under 30 hrs at much lower level.

Yeah. Excluding the time I've left the game on idle and also the time I've spent on photo mode, I guess it must've taken me 22-24 hours to beat. And quite a bit of this was just re-runs through entire levels and grinding for upgrade items and consumables.

IIRC even BB took me the same amount of time, but this game doesn't really feel very meaty in comparison. Some levels end so quickly that they give off a "proof of concept" vibe.

I guess the fact that I jumped onto this right after ER had something to do with that feeling too.

Of course, there seems to be some stuff that I've missed because of the world tendency shenanigans. But I don't really feel the need to do it right now.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Don't really notice much of a difference TBH :P

But I'll take your word for it. Maybe the difference would've been more apparent to me if I had played the original.

Yeah. Excluding the time I've left the game on idle and also the time I've spent on photo mode, I guess it must've taken me 22-24 hours to beat. And quite a bit of this was just re-runs through entire levels and grinding for upgrade items and consumables.

IIRC even BB took me the same amount of time, but this game doesn't really feel very meaty in comparison. Some levels end so quickly that they give off a "proof of concept" vibe.

I guess the fact that I jumped onto this right after ER had something to do with that feeling too.

Of course, there seems to be some stuff that I've missed because of the world tendency shenanigans. But I don't really feel the need to do it right now.

Yeah Elden Ring i feel is quiet more ambitious. 

But Demons was pushing PS3 pretty hard back then. Pretty much best they could make. 

Just like Elden Ring feels right now. 

Maybe difficulty is not as apparent in YouTube video. You did not had a sure shot way of evading attacks by rolling and mostly had to rely on shields. On PS5 you can roll dodge easily. 

Edited by Vaibhavp
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 5:30 PM, Vaibhavp said:

Yeah Elden Ring i feel is quiet more ambitious. 

But Demons was pushing PS3 pretty hard back then. Pretty much best they could make. 

Just like Elden Ring feels right now. 

Maybe difficulty is not as apparent in YouTube video. You did not had a sure shot way of evading attacks by rolling and mostly had to rely on shields. On PS5 you can roll dodge easily. 

Elden ring is not really pushing PS5 or XSX to it's peak. Demons souls pushed the ps3 big time. That's true. But elden ring most definitely is not pushing the PS5 or XSX. Its not even pushing the PS4 Pro. Other PS4's yes a little but otherwise no.

23 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

Elden ring is not really pushing PS5 or XSX to it's peak. Demons souls pushed the ps3 big time. That's true. But elden ring most definitely is not pushing the PS5 or XSX. Its not even pushing the PS4 Pro. Other PS4's yes a little but otherwise no.

By pushing I mean scope/quality of the game. Not fidelity.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

By pushing I mean scope/quality of the game. Not fidelity.

Any games scope will be pushed once you make it open world :) Elden Ring does nothing new but it executes very well rather. As for quality, certainly pushes. 

28 minutes ago, hope said:

Any games scope will be pushed once you make it open world :) Elden Ring does nothing new but it executes very well rather.

Putting it like that sells the game way too short.

There are many huge open-world games out there (some of them with much bigger worlds) but most of them still dwarf in comparison when it comes to depth and scope.

ER pretty much rewires your brain on what you can expect out of an open-world game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hope said:

Any games scope will be pushed once you make it open world :) Elden Ring does nothing new but it executes very well rather. As for quality, certainly pushes. 

No, it definitely pushes. The thing about Elden Ring vs most other open worlds -

Most Open World games have tons of copy/paste stuff. Elden Ring also does, to an extent, but before you reach the remotely Copy/Paste areas - you will already have finished around 40-60 hours play-time (If you're not rushing). A lot of stuff is truly unique - which is one reason that makes the exploration truly worthwhile and rewarding.

It's literally a game, where they pooled in all the crazy ideas that their minds could drum up, pooled in everything from their past games including Sekiro (Which is completely different from Souls) and threw it all in there as very viable content.

Many Open Worlds will certainly have better graphics and fidelity, will definitely be superior on purely technical aspects (Ratio, pixels pushed, textures, RTX, Pure Graphics etc.), but from a pure uniqueness point, fun point, joy of exploration point or even the point of having a World - they don't even come close.

Edited by roun90

• 2 months later...

After beating Returnal I have decided to start this game. Died a few times but getting hang of it

still at 1-1, so I’d appreciate any tips to beat this game

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

After beating Returnal I have decided to start this game. Died a few times but getting hang of it

Find the grinding spot in 1-1. Just a little ahead of where you start, climb tower. There you will find red eyed knight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Keep heart when you die to a boss and have to start at the very beginning of the level and having to beat all enemies to reach the boss every time you die

• Like 1