Resident Evil Village

GeraltOfRivia

17 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

But aren't ssds in next gen consoles like really fast and they are very costly for PCs?

Xbox sex ka pata nahi, but the PS5 one is custom chip, custom firmware, and custom protocol.

There isn't a 1:1 equivalent on PC right now.

Any improvements from PS5 custom SSD will take time to percolate, and will not be perceivable in multi platform games in 2020-21

So that means theoretically PS5 will have better load times, better data streaming and better LOD bias if any, than even the most powerful PCs because that tech isn't available yet for PC yet. Mind blown if true.

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

So that means theoretically PS5 will have better load times, better data streaming and better LOD bias if any, than even the most powerful PCs because that tech isn't available yet for PC yet. Mind blown if true.

We will only see this for first 2-3 years in first party titles, if the PS5 becomes the leading console this gen then multi plat devs will try to integrate the custom SSD magic into their games.

I am sure though mid-gen loading screens,texture pop in all will become things of the past, now that SSD, custom or not is part of baseline console models.

Some more stuff from Dusk Golem from Era

"There's so much I want to say, but I'm going to try to summarize a bit of what I've been tweeting recently here for the thread.

-This game was pitched as RE8 originally, but got shifted to a sideline game, but it turned out excellent and internal testers & people within the company realized they had something really special here, so they turned it back into a mainline title. The game is fully playable (and has been for a few months), but they've been overhauling the graphics (still a work-in-progress), focus testing and collecting feedback from RE fans with the ambassador test to make it the best it can be. It's a very interesting thing.

-The trailer 100% includes footage of older builds of the game, placeholders (from the older version of the game that hasn't been overhauled yet), etc, it was a very "not final" trailer.

-I've personally heard this game will be longer than RE7/RE2/RE3. I don't know by how much, but part of what they wanted to do with this game's direction is what many suspect (RE7 meets RE4 with its own stronger gothic flavor and what I hear is actually a interesting original story). They wanted to respond to most of RE7's criticisms, which includes enemy variety, more exploration and segments like the Baker House, and a better last third and a bit more meat to the game. The trailer here actually showed very little of the game, they purposefully avoided showing a LOT.

-All the spoilers floating around the internet currently about the deeper story are fake. The game was never third-person in development (it was always first-person), the girls name is not Emily and she's not looking for her father, the details in the supposed bigger leaks are bullshit, so you can know the game isn't actually spoiled for anyone right now.

I know there's a lot more I want to say, but how I'll start off. I'm 100% on-board with this direction and feel this game nailed the aesthetic they're going for!"

• Like 2

He's mostly been on point with RE2 and RE3 remakes, RE7 and now RE8. He said RE8 will be cross-gen earlier, which means shifting it to next-gen only seems like recent decision. RE8 originally being Rev3 was also leaked by him.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Did he start that rumor though? The re 8 rumor being a game set in village and having the name RE revelations 3 was going on for a while. 

Yes. He has been spot on everything RE related for a while. He obviously got an insider friend. The news on RE4 remake got me more excited as I prefer the third person mode. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Resident Evil Village: Capcom 'Looking Into' Xbox One and PS4 Release Alongside Next-Gen

During a Tokyo Game Show showcase, producer Tsuyoshi Kanda explained that, "While Resident Evil Village is being developed specifically for next-generation consoles and PC, we're looking into delivering the experience on Xbox One and PS4 as well. We're looking into it, but we can't make any promises. However, we will do our best in creating a top-tier survival horror experience on current generation consoles." 

47 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Gut feeling says GOW2 gonna be on PS4 too, there's a reason they haven't outright denied the possibility.

It should man, I recently fired up the Pro version and it looks so gorgeous stilll almost like a PS5 game so 2 yrs down the line they should have optimized it even more.. Sony should decide sales of software vs console sale for this one..