Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Gotta get PS5 now

Why tho? this seems more of the same, just in a different map with more robo animals, Aloy has more traversal options + some new melee moves, that's about it.

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Why tho? this seems more of the same, just in a different map with more robo animals, Aloy has more traversal options + some new melee moves, that's about it.

I really liked HZD's main story. The world was okay okay and I found the characters barring a few to be extremely lacking, but the narrative was superb. As well as the enemy design. 

I for one am super excited for FW. 

Horizon gameplay & enemy design uniqueness is the key to its success 

Story obviously is a drag just to take you from point A to BCD etc.

But the concept & lore is very fresh which keeps things interesting  

It does start to get boring if you go for all the useless quests just for the sake of xp & progression tree 

Edited by AnK

4 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I really liked HZD's main story. The world was okay okay and I found the characters barring a few to be extremely lacking, but the narrative was superb. As well as the enemy design. 

Same here, I think this is the first game that kept me intrigued enough to not just read up the story and just let it play out, also the robo animals were the most detailed i've seen in a video game.

24 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

If we go by this logic, lets stop playing any sequel to any game. If someone likes Horizon, why wouldn't they want more of the same, with improvement in key areas.

33 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Best Sony exclusive of the PS4 generation for me

11 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

Nearly done with RE2 B run, will get started on this next, had liked the first 30 mins back when i played it a few months back, let's see if it's worth the hype.

Its def worth the hype. This should tie in the top 3 of any top 10 list.

13 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Playing through HZD after the 60 fps update and the combat is kinda sh*t. I mean it's definitely much better in my memory. 

The aiming is just way off and super hard to precisely target without slo mo. The combat just doesn't feel that good. 

Also, the character animations in cutscenes are horrendous. 

Water looks terrible

HDR implementation is also so so. 

Fire should ideally be super bright. About as bright as the sun but here its even less bright than the watcher headlight. 

Meh. 

You mean it was fine before the update and now it is messed up like this or these are your general thoughts abt the game? In general (without the update at least) none of the game mechanics r like what you described. Also, this update is for PS5 only rt?

Revisiting old games after playing all the latest ones will always fade away it’s own charm 

That’s why starting this pandemic I had made it a point of not advancing onto the newer games before being done with the absolute must play games of the past 

I bet if anyone plays Witcher 3 again or even Bloodborne then they would call them sh*t too 

The genre has a lot to do with it 

RPG style games never age well while crisp action games stay at the helm for a longer time 

I’d bet ppl will have fun with the original HnS games of PS2 era even till this day 

Edited by AnK

15 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Playing through HZD after the 60 fps update and the combat is kinda sh*t. I mean it's definitely much better in my memory. 

The aiming is just way off and super hard to precisely target without slo mo. The combat just doesn't feel that good. 

Water looks terrible

Fire should ideally be super bright. About as bright as the sun but here its even less bright than the watcher headlight. 

Meh. 

I felt the same.. 

Visually it doesn't look the same anymore. 

GoW, Days Gone and TLOU2 have implemented 60fps masterfully. 

HZD was a miss. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Water looks terrible

Meh. 

This is exactly why this game is best played on PC. Precise KB+M targeting is mind-blowing. It literally makes it a new game. This is especially true in this game where you need to target specific weak points and auto-aim is absolutely useless.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not that interested in H:FW on PS. Useless and difficult aiming is more of an artificial barrier to progression and does not feel good.

2 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Visually it doesn't look the same anymore. 

GoW, Days Gone and TLOU2 have implemented 60fps masterfully. 

HZD was a miss. 

30fps tends to hide a lot of draw distance & asset pop in problems as they are never crystal clear anyway

60fps just throws them in your face out & open 

GoT,TLOU2 are 2020 titles & partly developed with new tech in mind so it does the job better 

GoW & Days Gone being new again & aren’t remotely as huge in scope & scale as Horizon ZD 

Horizon was never created with an unlocked framerate in mind 

16 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Water looks terrible

Meh. 

Water is massively improved on PC and much better and more detailed water physics which were not present on PS4 lol.

Aloy gets all wet when she swims in water or running around in rain on PC only. 

Ofcourse no pops and fast loading even though SSD in my pc is slower than PS5s SSD :)

And all at 60fps plus

Edited by WhiteWolf

• Snake locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked this topic