Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

Just some image for HZD PC in ultrawide aspect and how cinematic the game becomes on PC. Taken on my PC last year. I also have the game on PS4 pro and PS5. But PC version trumps both in terms of experience and fidelity. 

download-6.jpgdownload-17.jpg

download-4.jpgdownload-14.jpg
20210203093216-1.jpgdownload-10.jpg

download-7.jpgdownload-12.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

Kya re bhai, you killing my excitement for playing HZD Part 1 :ranting:

It's a very good game imo, you should play it and form your own opinion about it

RDR1’s story packs a real action punch - just badass

RDR2’s story packs a real emotional punch - right in the feels

HZD story meanwhile is perfunctory - no punch

HZD looks great, has excellent animal machines and has a few good set pieces. That’s about it.

RDR1’s story packs a real action punch - just badass

RDR2’s story packs a real emotional punch - right in the feels

HZD story meanwhile is perfunctory - no punch

HZD looks great, has excellent animal machines and has a few good set pieces. That’s about it.

HZD was totally better than those 3 but yea, days gone was a bit of a stretch. It was still an awesome game. It is srsly under rated.

And yes, rdr2 combat does rlly suck. And the controls r worse. What hell kinda ps4 gen game uses O to reload,  square to jump and different button for different situation to loot

If its a drawer, hold square, if its an animal, hold ∆ and so on. Some other game mechanics rlly suck too. For eg. in other games it resets the checkpoint when another character in combat dies and that makes sense. In this game I once got reset in the epilogue because I grazed the side of some pillar with Abigail on the cart and got reset because "Abigail got scared." I mean wth? I got reset to the ranch and had to ride in a wagon all the way to blackwater again which is a 5 minute ride. Everyone has to agree that that is srsly messed up.

My list for these

HZD

Days Gone

The Witcher 3

Red Dead Redemption 2

Yea the days gone character had their issues but it had gr8 combat, gr8 visuals, gr8 story, gr8 transport too, the bike I mean, def better than the horses, tho the mounts in HZD r on par with the bike. Little slow start but all awesome, from the ambush camps to the hordes. And 1 particularly interesting thing is the camp trust system. It makes sense and it was a very innovative way to limit access to weapons. The story twists were also awesome, for eg. the ripper king, skizzo etc. Days gone was a brilliant game. Wonder why so many people didn't like it. And the ign review was particularly disappointing. I mean 6.5 for that game is really bad. Then again ign gave rdr2 a 10 where it rlly should be 6.5 and HZD a 9.3 where it rlly should be a 10. All while days gone should be 9.3 or maybe 9.6.

And the stories in both rdr2 and tw3 were very repetitive. Witcher 3, yes quite a bit but then there was variety, rdr2 had nothing on the matter, maybe a smidge in chapter 5 but thats abt it. HZD and days gone had a heck load of variety in storyline. Rdr2 story was heavily lacking because of that, that is without considering the epilogue. Epilogue was good. Chapter 2 was gr8, chapter 1 was boring but story was still good.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

I won't miss this game on PC as I finished HZD earlier this week and was left fairly unimpressed. It certainly has a beautiful open world. Probably one of the best in gaming. But everything else is mediocre. The story, the gameplay, etc. Story is major reason I kept playing and it only got good in last few missions where you find out the truth about Project Zero Dawn.

7 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

Rdr2 story was heavily lacking

good joke :rofl:

bro hzd's story was so flat and a joke that you forget it the moment credits roll. they had robots in the place of humans with no emotion while saying dialogue. there's no punch in the game - it's just weak stuff 

rdr2's won game of the several game of the year awards because of the strength of its storytelling. also, there's so much hidden detail in the game, you can keep playing for a year and keep finding new entertaining stories 

and don't write long lame essays, it's embarrassing. Go read on the internet to educate yourself about both the games first then come back here

HZD was a good game, I really enjoyed the gameplay, fighting with all the robots. I felt the bow/arrow mechanics was a nice change compared to the usual swordplay based combat in other such rpg games.  Story being interesting was a bonus, I enjoyed the game otherwise too.  Only gripe i had was the underdeveloped open world, which simply served as a backdrop and nothing more.

The open world in Horizon was never meant to give you a proper RPG feel 

coz most of those games compromise severely on main core gameplay & action 

It’s somewhere in the middle of RPGs & action adventure games like FarCry,Mordor,Tomb Raider 

But yes the biggest unique point was the Bow & Arrow at the forefront instead of melee combat & the enemy design to strategically take them down with slight help from gadgets & bombs,never felt boring 

16 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Rdr 2 is the prequel. 

Yes I’m aware of that 

Just that the TV I’m using currently had average HDR & I don’t want to waste Game of a lifetime on that so focusing on other backlog 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

good joke :rofl:

bro hzd's story was so flat and a joke that you forget it the moment credits roll. they had robots in the place of humans with no emotion while saying dialogue. there's no punch in the game - it's just weak stuff

rdr2's won game of the several game of the year awards because of the strength of its storytelling.

and don't write long lame essays, it's embarrassing. Go read on the internet to educate yourself about both the games first then come back here

Those who haven't played HZD or rdr2 don't read this!

You didn't read the entire "lame essay" so you didn't read what I actually said.

I never said the story was not good. By that I meant it was repetitive. All in all basically, throughout the game, they r trying to steal a lot of money in plenty of different ways and leave the country. Can you mention a single second thing that was part of the main plot except for when they ended up on guarma?

Chpt 1, escape to the north, steal money and escape, chapter 2, get a job, get money and escape, chapter 3, work for the braithwaits and greys, rob both of them, escape, (slight twist - jack got kidbapped) chapter 4, rob saint Denis bank, escape, chapter 5, little variety, tried to escape, but landed on guarma, chapter 6, get money, from one last job and escape. All throughout the game, this was the scene and they just failed to steal the money or escape. In HZD, u start of looking for your mother, then get attacked by people targeting you because your DNA is a 99% match for some women who u assume to be your mother. You find that nobody knows who your mother is so you hunt down the person who is working with the attackers, then you get contacted by some guy through your focus who helps you and knows stuff about the attackers, then you go and find out that she lived 400 years ago so you continue searching and find out about the faro plague and the super weapons project, then you find out its a terrforming system with an AI created by Elisabet, then you find that you were made by a machine to kill that part of gaia's AI trying to destroy earth on recieveing a signal from some unknown place, and then you find a way to override it and save earth from being deterraformed. Just before this happens you find that the guy helping you all the way created the army under hades, and after you kill Hades, he traps him. That's called variety and twists.

Now rdr2 story was good, pobably better than the HZD story, but it was repetitive was what I was saying. And thus I also mentioned that the epilogue was better. The epilogue makes up for that one thing missing in the main story. That said, rdr2 had a better story and character development, HZD had a slightly inferior story with slightly infirior characters with everything else better than rdr2.

Character development was better in rdr2, except it was srsly overdone for dutch. One day he tells Arthur. You are my son. 3 weeks later he leaves him to die.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

HZD story is about the "lore" and the "world" rather than any characters, Aloy is an emotionless autistic chick, and the only other strong character is Captain Zavala/Charon/The real bad guy from QB / who is Aloy but black and willing to do anything to acquire more "knowledge".

RDR2 was all about characters and their motivations, you get attached to them, world is generic rockstar fake-city-region-based-on-real-world-timeperiod, nothing special except in the implementation.

Don't know why this "comparison" is going on, mainly because gamepass bots don't have their own exclusive to "compete" I guess, hence venting their assburn this way :rofl:

Also RDR2 combat was decent, dunno why people sh*t on it.

I've played Fallout 3, and no modern game can be that bad in combat

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Don't know why this "comparison" is going on, mainly because gamepass bots don't have their own exclusive to "compete" I guess, hence venting their assburn this way :rofl:

Pretty much bang on truth Bomb 

hope you don’t get banned 

Earlier it was just 2-3 pigeons who used to crap on good content from Sony (while also enjoying them) just to went out frustration coz Halo,Gears,Forza box had nothing else

1-2 from PC side coz Sony never bothered to release these games there 

Now thanks to GamesPass the Numbers are higher than ever & both sides have a common venting point 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

• Snake locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked this topic