Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

6 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Found this comment on reddit: 

$80 bucks for both versions.

$70 for the PS5

$60 for the PS4

So essentially, they are charging $20 for the upgrade if you have a PS4 and will get a PS5 later. Or $130 if you do the same but buy them separately.

That's lame lol.  Glad I was able to get a PS5 at launch.

So there is not even an upgrade path ? 

edit - 

"If you want to have access to both the PS4 and PS5 versions of Horizon Forbidden West, please purchase the Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, or Regalla Editions. Dual entitlement does not apply to the Standard and Special Editions," the support website reads. "There are no plans for an update offer from standard to digital deluxe edition at this time."

Edited by hsk_colossus

6 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Found this comment on reddit: 

$80 bucks for both versions.

$70 for the PS5

$60 for the PS4

So essentially, they are charging $20 for the upgrade if you have a PS4 and will get a PS5 later. Or $130 if you do the same but buy them separately.

That's lame lol.  Glad I was able to get a PS5 at launch.

I believe upgrade path similar to GoT DC would have been perfect. 

I,e $10 for ps4->ps5 upgrade. 

6 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

So there is not even an upgrade path ? 

edit - 

"If you want to have access to both the PS4 and PS5 versions of Horizon Forbidden West, please purchase the Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, or Regalla Editions. Dual entitlement does not apply to the Standard and Special Editions," the support website reads. "There are no plans for an update offer from standard to digital deluxe edition at this time."

No point ever getting this on PS4 then, will probably get it when i get the PS5 in the future.

Or maybe PC if they port it :fear:

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Get the ps5 version directly. Why bother with an old gen version. 

Ps5 version or you mean ps5 console? 

This move will only discourage ps4 owners to get the game . Also with console shortages this is a very stupid move.

Edited by triggr happy ss

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Get the ps5 version directly. Why bother with an old gen version. 

It would make sense if there was a nice upgrade patch for the ps4 version on PS5.

But sony learnt from GoT director's cut "mistake"

PS5 version ka extra 1K bhi nahi chodenge :rofl:

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

Wait they are giving out the steelbook case as a part of the CE but cannot fit in a bluray disc ? digital voucher code?

what chindiapa is this? 

:rofl:

this lets digital users purchase the collector's edition. 

51 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

It would make sense if there was a nice upgrade patch for the ps4 version on PS5.

But sony learnt from GoT director's cut "mistake"

PS5 version ka extra 1K bhi nahi chodenge :rofl:

What mistake ? 

This is scummy to the next level.

I've given my PS4 to my brother and it would've been great to buy this game once and both of us would've got access to it.

I get that the PS5 version is $10 more expensive, so they can't give both versions for $60 alone. Totally understandable. But, Sony should at least give the option of upgrading your PS4 version to the PS5 version for the $10 price-point. Or just have the PS5 version ($70 or ₹5k) include the PS4 version also, just like GoT: DC. Now, will have to spend at least ₹5.6k instead of ₹5k (to get both versions), even if I'm not even remotely interested in offerings of the Digital Deluxe Edition. Yes, I'm a "chindi" Indian and 600 bucks is valuable for me.

But alas, I guess that's too much to ask.

What I find baffling is the way this is managed on a game-by-game basis. There's just no uniformity. At this rate, Sony might come up with something else altogether for GT7 and the next GOW.

Everything boils down to this cross gen gimmick. 

Hope they ditch making games for the PS4 soon and launch the ps5 version(s) only. If some dev wants to make games for the PS4, hope they don't do a simultaneous release (or keep the price, same). 

Btw not defending this move but I think this has happened before as well. Specially when the ps2 came out (as it was fully bc with the PS1). Need to research about this though. 

• Snake locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked this topic