Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

The best thing to do would have been to make a deluxe edition for 6k and give horizon zero dawn along with it on disc. The HZD copy upgraded to use dualsense features. To promote PS5 copy, don't allow an upgrade path for a PS4 HZD copy and allow HFW upgrade. This current system is messed up. And what the steel book had a digital code instead of disc?

Any PS5 owner who was expecting it to be 4K was just kidding themselves

Considering GoT was already indicative of pricing  

About the “Free upgrade path” they couldn’t have given it as obviously everyone would have bought the PS4 copy & availed the PS5 version…it’s no rocket science to get around 

I was screaming at the top of my voice about the much unethical upgrade path BF42 is offering & I saw some rather funny takes (posted in PSvs XB as dont wona spew sh*t here) 

This is totally unethical “upgrade path” of course as for owners of PS4 who haven’t/couldn’t upgrade to next gen yet both EA & Sony are shoehorning collectible & cosmetic content that many wouldn’t have wanted otherwise 

PS5 version should have entitled you PS4 version by default in both games 

1 minute ago, AnK said:

About the “Free upgrade path” they couldn’t have given it as obviously everyone would have bought the PS4 copy & availed the PS5 version…it’s no rocket science to get around 

I was screaming at the top of my voice about the much unethical upgrade path BF42 is offering & I saw some rather funny takes (posted in PSvs XB as dont wona spew sh*t here) 

This is totally unethical “upgrade path” of course as for owners of PS4 who haven’t/couldn’t upgrade to next gen yet both EA & Sony are shoehorning collectible & cosmetic content that many wouldn’t have wanted otherwise 

PS5 version should have entitled you PS4 version by default in both games 

Hmmm.... There is no upgrade path here and that is the problem. If don't have ps5  and buy the PS4 version hoping to play the ps5 version when you buy ps5 6-12 months down the line then you're out of luck and have to buy it again. & no buying the dual edition is not an option. No one buys games which you will play months after purchasing it as the price of the game will anyhow fall. That version is made for people who already own both  consoles. Personally I feel they'll announce an upgrade path later but they're just withholding information to get people to preorder. 

Don't care what ea or someone else did but playstation fans on social media are making noise which should be wholeheartedly supported without any "ifs" or "buts". 

• Like 3

BF fans stranded in similar situation should make similar noise & I’m sure the actual end user like me is pissed but there is not even a fraction of channeling going on to raise this concern as opposed to what you see in everything Sony 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, _Krypton_ said:

What mistake ? 

GoT has a free patch once on the PS5, it makes everything run at 60 fps plus some other gfx improvements, so there's not much distinguishing GoT director's cut PS4 and PS5 editions except the "Japanese lip sync" afaik.

Here idk if there's any free patch, and there's no upgrade option, you just have to buy the digital deluxe version i think to get PS5 version also.

TLDR there's basically no point to get this on PS4.

Most PS4 walas will get a PS5 in the future me included so no point putting money on this rn, buy it along with PS5 only, and it will be at a good sale price in exactly one year from release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gecko89 said:

I think Sony thought that PS5 users will buy the ps4 version and upgrade if it was free and they'll lose money there. If this was the case they should have at least kept a 10$ upgrade for people with PS4 copies.

Yes this is the GoT DE thing, get the PS4 version of that game, play on PS5 with free 60 fps patch, 1K saved with not much difference since you get the DLC also.

They are still the dominant console brand this gen so they are being shameless about milking it now

1 hour ago, AnK said:

why not.. Jim Ryan himself said upgrade is free… sackboy, miles moralis got free upgrade.. this should have too

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I think Sony thought that PS5 users will buy the ps4 version and upgrade if it was free and they'll lose money there. If this was the case they should have at least kept a 10$ upgrade for people with PS4 copies.

This is all a ploy t make $10 upgrade look good, so when they do bring it back, people be like "good job Sony, thanks for screwing us with oil instead of without it"

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

why not.. Jim Ryan himself said upgrade is free… sackboy, miles moralis got free upgrade.. this should have too

He said there will be an upgrade path that would entitle the buyer a free upgrade 

Can be interpreted both ways 

This is how some services mess with your tastes and choices. 

People start expecting companies would give them software, that takes years and millions of dollars for development, for gratis! That too aaa big budget games with 0 microtransactions. For $70 you get the entire holistic experience. 

Edited by radicaldude

• Snake locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked this topic