Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

Increase in price was bound to happen. They just used the rollover of moving to the next gen to announce the change in pricing. Gaming development costs have almost doubled from the previous generation. As a company, you will need to make the adjustments to streamline profit.

I think if they are going for the price point of $60 for PS4 and $70 for ps5, then there needs to be a justifiable difference in both versions. We shouldn’t be just paying extra 10 bucks for haptics and other dualsense features. Should be a noticeable fidelity difference in the versions, something like ray tracing which is possible with ps5 hardware. 

They obviously want to utilize on the large PS4 customer base they have, hence all these games being cross gen but they shouldn’t short change the early adopters of ps5, either. Need to find the right balance.

Well in regard to HFW. I think they removed the dual entitlement option to start with because - They may have thought it over at that time that if they r received with mass disagreement regarding dual entitlement, they will just provide the free upgrade like they previously advertised and if not then they are looting the buyers looking for dual entitlement which might mean that they just took a stab at making more money off the game last second. That also explains why there was no upgrade path instead of a 10$ upgrade path like GoT - They needed the option to fall back and stick to the original free upgrade plan.

3 hours ago, SaiKO said:

I'm talking about HFW. 

Just for the record, I'm here as a GAMER. Not a representative for Rockstar. Nor to be picked for a corporation I work in as an employee.

If you have any doubts about games from Rockstar, post in respective thread, or better mail them officially and ask.

Dude he is like that only ,bring up xbox out of nowhere when talking to me and gta while talking to you.

Talk anything about ps and he gets butthurt  and starts behaving like a kid ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

While that is a gr8 idea, I think very last detail abt HFW has been discussed at length in this thread.

Then an even better idea is for everyone to just not post if we dont have any new information.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

It’s been more than a month since Sony announced the free ps5 upgrade yet there are no changes to the Ps5 price both digitally and physically. 

They won’t change it as they never announced it formally 

They will just let ppl upgrade for free without any formal information regarding it 

So that the majority unaware buy PS5 version irrespective 

24 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Quite a slimy move from Sony. 

Well it is what is 

Atleast they reversed it & let ppl know who were actually bothered 

EA has still nothing to say about BF42 & how PS4 owners who will be upgrading in the future will get an upgrade without spending $40 extra on unwanted stuff 

No one to listen to them or channelise their concern either coz there is no console war involved 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

Those who actually wanted the game and had a problem with the pricing are very well aware. Others r either the ppl who will wait/don't rlly want it or the rich ppls category who couldn't care less how expensive it is.

Or the ppl who don’t follow every game related update to be aware of the earlier free upgrade promise to begin with 

But yes they should tag it during the game purchase so that the totally unaware & aloof don’t end up believing that they don’t have the PS5 version once they end up getting hold of a PS5 

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

I am shocked that a company wants to earn money. Shocked!!

It is shocking for a company with a “for the players“ slogan ,specially when other smaller publishers are doing a much better job. 

Anyways dont want to start another useless discussion .

• Snake locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked this topic