Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

about 24 hours into the game, really getting into the meat of the game.

I’m enjoying the gwent like board game called strike, Its a good distraction from being irritated from the annoying new robos

Also for those having a little bother with robos , buy the shredder weapon ASAP, it’s so good

Game is really good…

I am loving the combat in this game, it’s so much fun… and the stash system is a big upgrade over the first game..

even the side quests have been improved.. 

But the game needs a big time update to fix the graphical modes… performance mode is simply f**ked up…shimmering, over sharpening, blurry… 

and 30fps mode in unplayable… 

I don’t know why the game got such good reviews regarding visuals.. 

Patch 1.05 launching today! 

All fixes and improvements: 

Spoiler

Main Quests

Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where reloading a certain auto-save after completing the first quest could block progression.

Fixed an issue during interlude ‘The Eye of the Earth’ where Aloy could fall out of the world after skipping a cinematic.

Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Cradle of Echoes’ where Varl would wander off on a reload from save.

Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Sea of Sands’ affecting several grapple points.

Side Quests and Errands

Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Blood Choke’ where Atekka would appear to fall out of the sky.

Fixed a progression issue in side quest ‘In The Fog’ related to fast travel during the quest.

Fixed an issue in errand quest ‘Night of Lights’ where a pullable box could get stuck and block the quest progression.

World activities

Fixed an issue where Relic Ruin: The Daunt could not be started in certain circumstances.

Fixed an issue in salvage contract The Greenswell: Plowhorn and the Plants where an optional objective could not be completed if the required item was sent to the player stash.

A rogue Tallneck near The Sand of the Sentinels that would sometimes change the direction of its route has been disciplined.

Gameplay fixes

The Second Chance skill should now work correctly.

Fixed an issue where the camera had an unintended position when using certain weapon techniques.

General fixes

Image oversharpening in HDR mode has been corrected.

Fixed an issue where some settlements would stream in, then stream out in certain circumstances.

Fixed an issue where the HUD would flicker when the player performs a loot action.

Fixed an issue where rapidly opening and closing the map could cause graphical anomalies.

Fixed an issue where Aloy's animation would sometimes jitter rapidly when climbing after picking up a plant has been fixed.

Fixed a global issue where the direction of Aloy's gaze, or that of certain NPCs, was incorrect.

Fixed several instances where Aloy, NPCs or enemies could get stuck in geometry.

Fixed an issue where roads and icons on the map would sometimes appear with a delay.

Fixed several streaming issues and unintended loading screens.

NPCs that seemed to suffer from insomnia and would gather in large groups at night in settlements should act more naturally now.

Petra will no longer teleport into her seat inside the Chainscrape brewery if followed immediately after the initial conversation with her.

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 1

Speaking of outfits, I wish each upgrade level had brought in visual modifications as well like with the outfit upgrades in GoT. Would've given a little extra incentive to actively seek out materials for upgrades.

Now it's just some random numbers going up which I haven't really felt the need to pay attention to even while playing on Hard.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Patch is up

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Main Quests

Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where reloading a certain auto-save after completing the first quest could block progression.

Fixed an issue during interlude ‘The Eye of the Earth’ where Aloy could fall out of the world after skipping a cinematic.

Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Cradle of Echoes’ where Varl would wander off on a reload from save.

Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Sea of Sands’ affecting several grapple points.

Side Quests and Errands

Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Blood Choke’ where Atekka would appear to fall out of the sky.

Fixed a progression issue in side quest ‘In The Fog’ related to fast travel during the quest.

Fixed an issue in errand quest ‘Night of Lights’ where a pullable box could get stuck and block the quest progression.

World activities

Fixed an issue where Relic Ruin: The Daunt could not be started in certain circumstances.

Fixed an issue in salvage contract The Greenswell: Plowhorn and the Plants where an optional objective could not be completed if the required item was sent to the player stash.

A rogue Tallneck near The Sand of the Sentinels that would sometimes change the direction of its route has been disciplined.

Gameplay fixes

The Second Chance skill should now work correctly.

Fixed an issue where the camera had an unintended position when using certain weapon techniques.

General fixes

Image oversharpening in HDR mode has been corrected.

Fixed an issue where some settlements would stream in, then stream out in certain circumstances.

Fixed an issue where the HUD would flicker when the player performs a loot action.

Fixed an issue where rapidly opening and closing the map could cause graphical anomalies.

Fixed an issue where Aloy's animation would sometimes jitter rapidly when climbing after picking up a plant has been fixed.

Fixed a global issue where the direction of Aloy's gaze, or that of certain NPCs, was incorrect.

Fixed several instances where Aloy, NPCs or enemies could get stuck in geometry.

Fixed an issue where roads and icons on the map would sometimes appear with a delay.

Fixed several streaming issues and unintended loading screens.

NPCs that seemed to suffer from insomnia and would gather in large groups at night in settlements should act more naturally now.

Petra will no longer teleport into her seat inside the Chainscrape brewery if followed immediately after the initial conversation with her.

this is working out to be really good for me. My hfw game is ready to play but I am waiting to finish Tsushima. Yesterday, completed all quests of Tsushima base game and starting Iki island dlc today and finish the whole thing by Friday 

My day 1 HFW will be this weekend but with a very useful patch 

HDR issue is still there for me. The over sharpening and color tone change while moving the camera. 

Was it included in patch fix? Or is it just “known issue and we will do it in our next patch”?  Weird patch note if that’s the case. People would assume it’s included in patch. 

Edited by SaiKO

6 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

HDR issue is still there for me. The over sharpening and color tone change while moving the camera. 

Was it included in patch fix? Or is it just “known issue and we will do it in our next patch”?  Weird patch note if that’s the case. People would assume it’s included in patch. 

Known issues are not fixed yet.. it is work in progress. 

However, HDR image over-sharpening is fixed, as mentioned under general fixes. 

I noticed the image got slightly better/soft in Resolution mode. No idea how it is in performance coz I never tried it. 

Nothing that hasn’t already been said before - but add me to the list of folks who are loving this game.

I am not a big fan of melee or chaotic combat and have left acclaimed games like GoW , control and spiderman  midway .
I am however a huge fan of 3rd person ranged combat - and does this game deliver on that!

Graphics and combat fluidity are nice upgrades over HZW - but the real upgrade is on the side quests.

What used to be largely boring and tedious in HZW (and best left alone) is now turning out to be almost as fun as the main quest on this.

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Yep, but they really need to fix the SKU rebuild part.. 500 mb patch file but taking 6-8 minutes to rebuild even on SSD.. 

Download hone me 10 sec lagte hai to unpack hone me 3 ghanta :giggle:

1 hour ago, superczar said:

but the real upgrade is on the side quests.

True that. 

Nearly 20 hours in, I mostly only did side quests so far. 
It’s a well designed game when you don’t want to rush through the story. 

Despite the visual bugs, having a great time. 

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

Known issues are not fixed yet.. it is work in progress. 

However, HDR image over-sharpening is fixed, as mentioned under general fixes. 

Tried the performance mode..

Oversharpening still there… shimmering is still there… nothing has been fixed yet..

3 hours ago, SaiKO said:

Weird. I only had this in the beginning. A restart fixed it. 

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

Tried the performance mode..

Oversharpening still there… shimmering is still there… nothing has been fixed yet..

Yup, it’s present even in resolution mode, but somewhat improved. 

I tired some simple fixes. To start with, turning off HGIG improved it quite a bit. 

Sometimes the game gets overly bright in HDR and the sharpness feels awfully high. Turning off HGIG fixes this to some extent. 

Edited by Vamos
spelling
  • Like 1