Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

12 hours ago, Snake said:

that’sa good way to bore yourself of the game. I usually do one story mission, then go around do random side quests, hunting pits, combat pits, mat hunting etc.

keeps me from getting bored 

I like to clear out a area before I move onto the next story mission but the map is huge and has way too many things cramped in it. I didn't have this issue in the original horizon, spidey or ghost of tsuchima  but this is changing my mind. 46 hrs and not even half the map cleared is crazy.

36 minutes ago, djdgr8 said:

I like to clear out a area before I move onto the next story mission but the map is huge and has way too many things cramped in it. I didn't have this issue in the original horizon, spidey or ghost of tsuchima  but this is changing my mind. 46 hrs and not even half the map cleared is crazy.

I usually got to different areas to do some errands, side quests or rebel outposts etc.

You should take a break before you burnout 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 3:31 PM, Heaven Angel said:

So, people are talking about platinum this game here it is... 

FMbnBfMaMAAe2Vw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Been working on this since yesterday and here are some stats of mine. Played whole game on hard difficulty.

FMbnAJeVEAMsO9W?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

Skill stats, not a spoiler but ... 

Reveal hidden contents

FMbm-0UaUAIze2_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The yay's

Huge improvements in NPC intelligence and side quests. I couldn't play all. But the main ones are as good as main story. 

Lots of new enemies and attack patterns makes combat very engaging. 

Tallnecks are not just towers you have to climb, figure out the way and some have their own side missions. 

Cauldrons are vast and better implemented this time. No caldrons were exactly same compared to Zero Dawn.

Better facial expressions actually made cutscenes bearable.  

Different combos and arena were good addons in game. They were fun. 

Combat was EXCELLENT.

Graphics :wub:

Superb music and sound. 

Dualsense is a must. 

The nay's

Clicking on R3 to scan and search again and again can get tedious late in game. They should've came up with better controls.

Too flashy sometimes (game looks awesome tho)

When aloy gets staggered (with she get a lot of time) she take minimum 4 sec to get up. Gets really frustrating. Especially on harder difficulty. 

Some of the world areas you'll leave unchecked because you've seen everything after few hours in game. 

Okay story, will forget within a week. Same old save the world sh*t. 

Aloy is everything. The Beta, The Gamma, The Alpha.. Wut? 

Girl power, girl power everywhere!! Boys weak af.. hehe

My fav outfit and makeup in game.

Reveal hidden contents

FMauHbhUYAAKGYA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FMauG78aIAIS_GU?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Game is not to be missed. 

you can change the scan option in HUD setting. change HUD from dynamic to custom then change interactive* something (last option) to always. then no need to press R3, all interactive actions like chest, plants, loot will be visible always. 

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Upgrading pouches and all huge pain. Hunting rabbits and vultures n all for it so boring. 

Machine farming is fun but hunting those real animals with focus feels like a chore and real boring.

What I did was create jobs for all upgrades I wanted. Then while going after quests, ruins, hunting grounds, etc I keep collecting the animal stuff I need. Help avoid going after the animals specifically. 

The world is extremely beautiful, but the game feels exactly like HZD. I know a drastic change wasn't needed and the gameplay etc were great in the first one, but even the story feels very very similar to ZD. The world is extremely beautiful though, I don't think I have seen a better looking game till date. I had skipped tall neck challenges in the first game, but tried one or 2 in this and they seem fun.

The motiom blur implementation is making me nauseous. Just cant tolerate 30 fps in this title even though I badly want to stick to fidelity mode for the sake of eye candy. 

The RnC 40 fps mode is badly needed here :/ 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

The motiom blur implementation is making me nauseous. Just cant tolerate 30 fps in this title even though I badly want to stick to fidelity mode for the sake of eye candy. 

That would be amazing. The 40 fps mode was so much smoother than the default 30fps mode. But RnC is a linear game and there was performance overhead in its 30 fps mode for insomniac to squeeze out those extra frames. Tbh even if some picture quality had to be sacrificed in HFW, that’s a trade I’d be willing to make.

19 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Stop being graphics wh*re and switch to 60fps mode. Game looks great even at performance mode.

Gameplay feels special at 60fps.

31 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Stop being graphics wh*re and switch to 60fps mode. Game looks great even at performance mode.

Gameplay feels special at 60fps.

I agree with what @Vamos said. The 60fps mode looks really blah with so much shimmering. I am not sure what's going behind the scenes, but it feels worse than how an 1800p game should look like on a 4k screen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I agree with what @Vamos said. The 60fps mode looks really blah with so much shimmering. I am not sure what's going behind the scenes, but it feels worse than how an 1800p game should look like on a 4k screen. 

i agree but 30fps mode is some how even worse 

3 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

i agree but 30fps mode is some how even worse