Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

Dive deep , weapon upgrades , weaves can be matched , valor system . i found it better than HZD.

Likewise. But the upgrades part is the most annoying which has not improved from HZD. Finding and killing animals ( when has that been cool these days) and targeting the right part is frustrating as hell. 

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Agreed. She keeps on boasting that she can fight anything, solve anything and doesn’t need anyone’s help. 

Yeah, I mean come on, you are in a situation where you need all the help you can get and our hero would rather face it alone.

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Valor system is pretty useless imo. I barely even use it, most of the time I forget its even there lol.

I am using a stealth based Valor thing and it is useful for sneaking around.

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Agreed, It's like some hardcore feminist have written the story and her character. Everybody is in and around for Aloy like they have nothing to do in their life. 

Very true. 

Spoiler

I felt bad for the Varl guy. Dude is behind Aloy like a dog begging to let him help her :lol:

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

Likewise. But the upgrades part is the most annoying which has not improved from HZD. Finding and killing animals ( when has that been cool these days) and targeting the right part is frustrating as hell. 

If you enable easy loot in custom difficulty option, any loot won't get destroyed even after killing the machine.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

If you enable easy loot in custom difficulty option, any loot won't get destroyed even after killing the machine.

Thanks for sharing that. It feels like a cheat code. Should have been enabled from the get go. 

Would have used that if there is a trophy to upgrade all stuff. Thankfully there is a trophy to upgrade just three of them. 

7 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Agreed. She keeps on boasting that she can fight anything, solve anything and doesn’t need anyone’s help. 

Yes, kinda like Nathan Drake and Kratos. ;) 

13 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Yes, kinda like Nathan Drake and Kratos. ;) 

They had a valid reason behind and Nathan as a character is likeable one. Kratos is badass and everyone favorite is always on point with his words and suits as a character he is.

This chick is always I'm the 'alpha prime' and i'm gonna fix this all myself, I'm the only capable in this world and no one can do this but me. Everybody is suddenly so weak and fragile around her like she's some kind of a 'papa ki pari' without papa. Even tho the dudes are 3x times more capable by appearance. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

9 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

They had a valid reason behind and Nathan as a character is likeable one. Kratos is badass and everyone favorite is always on point with his words and suits as the character he is.

This chick is always I'm the 'alpha prime' and i'm gonna fix this all myself, I'm the only capable in this world and no one can do this but me. Everybody is suddenly so weak and fragile around her like she's some kind of a 'papa ki pari' without papa. Even tho the dudes are 3x times more capable by appearance. 

Well, Aloy could be someone else's favorite too, for being a confident, gutsy and a headstrong teenage hero. 

Her dialogue and the overall writing is poor, but as far as her character is concerned, it's fine. May not be likeable by all.. 

And no, she's not being 'alpha prime'. 

She's just being the hero of the story

Edited by Vamos

Just now, Vamos said:

Well, Aloy could be someone else's favorite too, for being a confident, gutsy and a headstrong teenage hero. 

Her dialogue and the overall writing is poor, but as far as her character is concerned, it's fine. May not be likeable by all.. 

She's just being a hero of the story

Technically she is alpha prime, can use a  device very few have, has info only 1 other person has, can open door, locks no one else can. Plus she’s the hero

As for as her doing stuff alone, this changes as well.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

They had a valid reason behind and Nathan as a character is likeable one. Kratos is badass and everyone favorite is always on point with his words and suits as a character he is.

Drake and Kratos are generally upto no good, trying to destroy instead of saving anything. Nobody offers them help. 

They are different.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vamos said:

She's just being the hero of the story

Trying too much for being one, fails miserably. 

We already know she's a hero, we were fed this in every single cutscenes. 

18 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Drake and Kratos are generally upto no good, trying to destroy instead of saving anything. Nobody offers them help. 

They are different.

You're telling about the consequences. I'm speaking about the character. 

In Uncharted and GOW 2018 we had companions all the time. 

18 hours ago, Snake said:

Technically she is alpha prime, can use a  device very few have, has info only 1 other person has, can open door, locks no one else can. Plus she’s the hero

As for as her doing stuff alone, this changes as well.

Sylens did a much better job without being an 'alpha prime' .. But we have to give exclusive credit to 'alpha prime' aka aloy otherwise. 

Game Reaction GIF by Guerrilla

Edited by Heaven Angel

On 3/4/2022 at 7:41 PM, Heaven Angel said:

On 3/4/2022 at 1:55 PM, Heaven Angel said:

Agreed, It's like some hardcore feminist have written the story and her character. Everybody is in and around for Aloy like they have nothing to do in their life. 

On 3/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, b!T said:

Very true. 

Reveal hidden contents

I felt bad for the Varl guy. Dude is behind Aloy like a dog begging to let him help her :lol:

I haven't played the game yet,but it doesn't looks good on you guys.

You all sounds like some misogynists.

??.

Im just saying.