Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

2 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Seems like i got the game at the right time :)

Maybe wait a bit for them to patch VRR. That should also bring performance mode from 60fps to atleast 70-80 (unlocked) if it’s as good as what insomniac did with SM 

25 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Maybe wait a bit for them to patch VRR. That should also bring performance mode from 60fps to atleast 70-80 (unlocked) if it’s as good as what insomniac did with SM 

Currently gaming on a 43inch FHD TV with 60 Hz refresh rate . So VRR won't be of any use to me.  

On 6/6/2022 at 10:01 AM, hsk_colossus said:

I tried the new performance mode and it’s a massive improvement…

now I wish I had waited for the mode to be fixed before playing ?

What new mode? There are only 2 modes. Resolution and performance 

30 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

OLED Gang wants to have a word with you..

Actually i m currently looking to buy a 4k/60 Hz Monitor for PS5 right now. Don't have the budget for OLED right now. Also don't want to buy budget 4k TV's as my current Sony FHD TV has a much better picture quality and colors than these .

8 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Sounds like a personal problem 

Yes. We are mostly aware that OLED is the best TV to play (as of now)but there is no need to push people to buy OLED or the latest technology when people have different pocket sizes or other priorities to meet.

I am not trying to offend anyone. Just being respectful of their budgets  . Let’s move on. 

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Yes. We are mostly aware that OLED is the best TV to play (as of now)but there is no need to push people to buy OLED or the latest technology when people have different pocket sizes or other priorities to meet.

I am not trying to offend anyone. Just being respectful of their budgets  . Let’s move on. 

Ignore the hostility.

4k 60 monitors are perfectly acceptable. You could also look for a 2k monitor with a higher framerate (144fps)

Edited by RV1709

43 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

If people buy OLED just because somebody pushed them to do so, then not being rich is the least of their problem bhai.

Nobody's pushing here bhai , just friendly banter.
I can afford one still stick too sanyo 1080p TV. XD

Edited by rushab oswal
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

If people buy OLED just because somebody pushed them to do so, then not being rich is the least of their problem bhai.

Nobody's pushing here bhai , just friendly banter.
I can afford one still stick too sanyo 1080p TV. XD

Agree nobody is pushing anyone here.  Just friendly banter :)

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Ignore the hostility.

4k 60 monitors are perfectly acceptable. You could also look for a 2k monitor with a higher framerate (144fps)

I am the one looking to buy Monitor not Mysteryman . Also no hostility just different opinions .  :)

Yeah these monitors are quite good vfm.  I have looked at 2k monitor with high framerate ( with built in downscaler - accept 4k signal from PS5 and downscale it to 2k ) . Wish Sony would support 2k on PS5 which will make 1440p gaming possible on PS5.  

Currently split between buying between either of the two (4k60hz or 2k144hz)  . 

Anyway let's not derail this thread more. 

13 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

I am the one looking to buy Monitor not Mysteryman . Also no hostility just different opinions .  :)

Yeah these monitors are quite good vfm.  I have looked at 2k monitor with high framerate ( with built in downscaler - accept 4k signal from PS5 and downscale it to 2k ) . Wish Sony would support 2k on PS5 which will make 1440p gaming possible on PS5.  

Currently split between buying between either of the two (4k60hz or 2k144hz)  . 

Anyway let's not derail this thread more. 

In the other thread like I said 2k144hz only makes sense if you're shifting into PC gaming into the future, if you're console only + monitor used for work then 4K is good, especially LG wala.

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

In the other thread like I said 2k144hz only makes sense if you're shifting into PC gaming into the future, if you're console only + monitor used for work then 4K is good, especially LG wala.

120 hz is highly desirable for Series consoles since it has system level 120 hz mode. 

Even 30 fps games benefit from low latency and response time. 

Not to mention VRR is far superior in 120 hz displays. 

If someone wants to buy a 60 fps HDR monitor, I would suggest this:

LG 27 inch 4K-UHD (3840 x 2160) HDR 10 Monitor (Gaming & Design) with IPS Panel, HDMI x 2, Display Port, AMD Freesync, Height Adjust & Pivot  - 27UK650 (White) https://amzn.eu/d/ejSuQRd

It's pretty good. Apart from extra brightness and screen size, I don't see much benefit gaming wise over my LG G1 TV. Pretty solid HDR and screen quality.

Edit: I got the monitor for 33k though. This seems overpriced now.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1