Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

Man don't know what's wrong but I'm finding the game pretty boring. It's probably not the game but my general fatigue with open world games, running around to the next objective in vast but pointless lands is not fun anymore. Game's at its best with interesting main quests but gathering materials, doing trivial side quests feels like a waste of time. At this point I'm forcing myself to give it a proper chance. Kid me would have dropped countless hours effortlessly in a game like this though

Edited by Aloy

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The game really is boring. Tried 2 times but get bored in some time. 

Interesting, so it's not just me. Good thing that I didn't drop 5k on this but my brother did, as he seemed to have enjoyed the game.

7 hours ago, Aloy said:

Interesting, so it's not just me. Good thing that I didn't drop 5k on this but my brother did, as he seemed to have enjoyed the game.

7 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The game really is boring. Tried 2 times but get bored in some time. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

At this point, I just want to finish the game just so I properly sh*t on it.

+1  Just cannot connect to the Game and finish it seamlessly which I would do with a AAA Sony game..  I was about 30% done and then picked up Elden Ring and haven't gone back to it..  Just giving more excuses now to play it once the VRR patch comes out..  :P If I don't finish it this year I never will..

17 hours ago, Aloy said:

Man don't know what's wrong but I'm finding the game pretty boring. It's probably not the game but my general fatigue with open world games, running around to the next objective in vast but pointless lands is not fun anymore. Game's at its best with interesting main quests but gathering materials, doing trivial side quests feels like a waste of time. At this point I'm forcing myself to give it a proper chance. Kid me would have dropped countless hours effortlessly in a game like this though

Just play the main quests.  Ignore side quests - level progression in this game isn't that tough i believe.  Certainly wasn't in the first game. 

After update, I am taken aback that performance mode is the way to go

I doggedly played the whole main quests in fidelity 30fps but now after playing the new 60fps mode, can’t bear to play that 30fps jank

also, after main quests, what are all the most recommended things to do before getting done with the game? I am completing all side quests. Any other recommendations for completing? Not looking to plat this. Currently played about 45 hours 

Are there any decent (rare and above) hunter bows in the mid game which can be upgraded to level 2 or 3? I have played till Kulrut mission. I have found one rare hunter bow but parts to upgrade are not available. If I create a job, it doesn't mark anything on the map. Is everything mission gated in the game?

And what is the with the collision detection in the game? Sometimes, I get stuck even in the small plants.

If it doesn't mark parts on the map it means u haven't encountered that machine type yet or haven't found a machine site for it. So just continue playing or explore new regions depending on how much u want the bow upgraded.

Also the marshal hunter bow is great for where u at. And it get tough to upgrade only past L3 iirc.

If it doesn't mark parts on the map it means u haven't encountered that machine type yet or haven't found a machine site for it. So just continue playing or explore new regions depending on how much u want the bow upgraded.

Also the marshal hunter bow is great for where u at. And it gets tough to upgrade only past L3 iirc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

VRR tested..Performance is still way to go !! 70-80 FPS on Outdoors

70-80fps is super for performance mode

when you compare performance vs balanced, does balanced feel smooth enough for a player who wants eye candy as priority?

2 hours ago, Azathoth said:

when you compare performance vs balanced, does balanced feel smooth enough for a player who wants eye candy as priority?

Yep so much better than cancer 30 FPS.. but once you play performance you want to stick to that..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 5:23 PM, Assassins Creed said:

VRR tested..Performance is still way to go !! 70-80 FPS on Outdoors

Tried the performance mode with VRR. 

Such a big improvement. Feels like an entirely different game. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I've been playing this game for the past few days, almost on level 14, but still in the early parts of the main quest.

I've to say, the game is really fantastic.  They have taken the core gameplay of horizon zero dawn and made it better in every way. Visuals are a significant upgrade, the map is huge, tons of side activities to do - some familiar old ones like cauldron and Tall neck, some new ones like relic ruins, salvage contracts etc. Also the side quests are much better fleshed out with their own mini storylines.  Even the combat is more fleshed out with melee combat and stealth combat having it's own skill trees.  In fact, many of the early game machines can be easily taken down with melee/stealth, without the use of bow and arrow.

If you didn't like the first one, you may not find anything new here, but i loved the first game and i think this is a really good sequel improving on the prequel in every way.  Too bad it released close to Elden ring and got overshadowed.  I think, the game really does deserve far more praise and love than it's getting.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ne0 said:

So I've been playing this game for the past few days, almost on level 14, but still in the early parts of the main quest.

I've to say, the game is really fantastic.  They have taken the core gameplay of horizon zero dawn and made it better in every way. Visuals are a significant upgrade, the map is huge, tons of side activities to do - some familiar old ones like cauldron and Tall neck, some new ones like relic ruins, salvage contracts etc. Also the side quests are much better fleshed out with their own mini storylines.  Even the combat is more fleshed out with melee combat and stealth combat having it's own skill trees.  In fact, many of the early game machines can be easily taken down with melee/stealth, without the use of bow and arrow.

If you didn't like the first one, you may not find anything new here, but i loved the first game and i think this is a really good sequel improving on the prequel in every way.  Too bad it released close to Elden ring and got overshadowed.  I think, the game really does deserve far more praise and love than it's getting.

Second it. Loved the first game and enjoying the second one right now.  Currently in mid game .

Game is definitely picking up now . Also they have sorted out all the bugs and issues which hampered the game at launch . So it's right time to play the game .

Same thing happened with the first game as well though - got overshadowed by Legend of Zelda BOW at launch and still ended up as one of the best selling games on PS4 over its course. Pretty sure this game will also end up doing great . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I’m finding the story to be really annoying. Why does everyone want to tell me their life story. Just let me kill some damn monsters.

Btw where can I get some good weapons. I’m still rocking some basic a*s bows.

is “that sounds like a personal problem” not one of the three RPG responses ?

• Haha 4