Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

On 12/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Whats ur take on the overall main story arc

Just finished it. Liked it a lot, Every thing was 2x of HZD.. :D Saved NG+ Play-through for PS5, Horizon DLC might be the number 1 reason for me to finally get a ps5 :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Surprise! Download these free avatars for the Horizon Forbidden West anniversary now! 

Americas: G7XK-TNNR-NPLL

EMEA: B2B9-X5NK-494R

JAPAN: H7LG-45N4-BNKE

ASIA: 2QHR-8QN2-BQ2C

KOREA: E5AQ-H8N6-EFQQ

Learn how to redeem on the PlayStation Store here

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/store/redeem-ps-store-voucher-code/?sf175218817=1

FpLlPj3WcAAc5PP?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems Burning Shores will take the crown from Forbidden West for best looking open world ever.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/03/29/pushing-the-envelope-achieving-next-level-clouds-in-horizon-forbidden-west-burning-shores/?sf176198287=1

“The cloud systems that we developed for Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West were fast because they didn’t store clouds as 3D objects, but rather instructions on creating 3D clouds from limited 2D information. The PlayStation 5 can handle larger datasets. So, after Forbidden West wrapped, we set to work writing a voxel cloud renderer prototype that could live up to our standards for quality, and actually allow the player to fly through highly detailed cloud formations.” 

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Seems Burning Shores will take the crown from Forbidden West for best looking open world game ever.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/03/29/pushing-the-envelope-achieving-next-level-clouds-in-horizon-forbidden-west-burning-shores/?sf176198287=1

It's still technically Horizon Forbidden west only . You need the base game to play Burning shores :P

Edited by Krazyniks

On 3/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, gecko89 said:

Seems Burning Shores will take the crown from Forbidden West for best looking open world ever.

man, m coming to Forbidden West straight from Ragnarok, Horizon FW takes the cake easily for GFX fidelity and visual presentation, specially when u go Fidelity Mode on PS5 and hooked onto to the C2, Ragnarok is a beast, this ones top that in almost all aspects (just barring Kratos :P ), attention to details on everything is top notch. done around 30% and already 50+ hrs in, lulz, m justing enjoying everything the game has to offer.....BUT

yes, the rubberband AI is pita, somtimes the machine, just glides towards u for their attack(thunderjaw, shellsnapper etc), and i am like wtf just happened, lel

so far m just enjoying the F outta it, and also thanks to SONY for bringing it on PS+ 

Edited by Pushy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pushy said:

man, m coming to Forbidden West straight from Ragnarok, Horizon FW takes the cake easily for GFX fidelity and visual presentation, specially when u go Fidelity Mode on PS5 and hooked onto to the C2, Ragnarok is a beast, this ones top that in almost all aspects (just barring Kratos :P ), attention to details on everything is top notch. done around 30% and already 50+ hrs in, lulz, m justing enjoying everything the game has to offer.....BUT

yes, the rubberband AI is pita, somtimes the machine, just glides towards u for their attack(thunderjaw, shellsnapper etc), and i am like wtf just happened, lel

so far m just enjoying the F outta it, and also thanks to SONY for bringing it on PS+ 

Not sure if you've reached the beach and the islands, the visuals get even better there. From the waves to shallow waters, it's just pure eyecandy like we've never seen in any game before. 

And to think this is a cross gen game!! Which is why Burning Shores being PS5 only is quite exciting. Kinda hope it's an additional area with its own map(like Witcher 3's blood and wine expansion) instead of just an extension to existing map(like frozen wilds).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Not sure if you've reached the beach and the islands, the visuals get even better there. From the waves to shallow waters, it's just pure eyecandy like we've never seen in any game before. 

And to think this is a cross gen game!! Which is why Burning Shores being PS5 only is quite exciting. Kinda hope it's an additional area with its own map(like Witcher 3's blood and wine expansion) instead of just an extension to existing map(like frozen wilds).

nope, not yet reached there, man i am excited the f out for rest of the game, every detail keeps on surprising, like, the other day, my friend was mindblown by the water gfx, then i showed him something crazier, u can literally see the mud below water being kicked and gets disturbed and the enrine water which was clear, gets filled with that color (brownish) and rest of the water is still crystal clear, another  detail i showed him was that of Sand's plus Snow and the realistic facial and skin textures, man i could just go on and on...this game is just on next level w.r.t graphics, also, audio is also a whole different game.

How did SONY let this slide under PS+ so early? but it's a win win situation for gamers in general :good:

• Like 1