Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

1 hour ago, Felix the cat said:

I haven't played the game yet,but it doesn't looks good on you guys.

You all sounds like some misogynists.

??.

Im just saying.

I have a problem with her character development but i would have had the same problem if she were a he so doesn't really make me a misogynist :lol:

2 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

??.

Im just saying.

Criticism is because of her character she has become not because of her gender.. in first 'zero dawn' she was okay and I liked the way she was shown but here it's not. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Yeah lol. Its getting ridiculous. She is fine well developed character and very well voice acted by Ashley Burch.

Tujhe to sab acchi lagti hai.. woh Regella bhi acchi lagti hogi fir. 

8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Criticism is because of her character she has become not because of her gender.. in first 'zero dawn' she was okay and I liked the way she was shown but here it's not. 

Tujhe to sab acchi lagti hai.. woh Regella bhi acchi lagti hogi fir. 

How dare you disrespect the Saviour of Meridian :spank:

Tu sabko Angel Priya samajhta hai kya :chair:

11 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

??.

Im just saying.

dude. that conclusion is as shoehorned in as Aloy's alphaprimeness in her character. Pls tell me it was a joke and not your sincere concern.

I'm getting the same feeling. I mean, being proud of your achievements is one thing, but borderline treating others like garbage because of your pride, is not cool. I'm about 20 hours in and I really hope she matures through the course of the game and realises the importance of the friends/support (without whom she wouldn't even be 'The Saviour Of Meridian' in the first place).

If I get in too much detail to describe it, it might go into spoiler-territory. So, I'll reserve my final judgement until the story plays out further.

7 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

I'm getting the same feeling. I mean, being proud of your achievements is one thing, but borderline treating others like garbage because of your pride, is not cool. I'm about 20 hours in and I really hope she matures through the course of the game and realises the importance of the friends/support (without whom she wouldn't even be 'The Saviour Of Meridian' in the first place).

If I get in too much detail to describe it, it might go into spoiler-territory. So, I'll reserve my final judgement until the story plays out further.

I am not too far in the game but dont you get the option to choose your replies? 

2 hours ago, hope said:

I am not too far in the game but dont you get the option to choose your replies? 

Yes

I hope she’s more arrogant and cocky in the sequel :wOOtjumpy:

For someone who’s been an outcast and grew up with a massive inferiority complex, it makes sense for Aloy to be the way she is. 

There’s no way the writers couldn’t make her someone who doesn’t believe in herself to change the world. 

Also, I doubt if this would be a point of discussion at all if the genders were reversed here and Aloy was a guy. 

I mean, how often do people discuss the flaws in the characters of other male protagonists/heros when 70-80% of the video games have them? 

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 3

Sylen is the most interesting character in both the games. I personally find Aloy’s inner monologues are more annoying than her personality, I get why she acts the way she does because of her past and the fact that she’s only 19. 

she also blurts out hints at times when you’re trying to piece the puzzle together. Hope they tone down the backseat hints in the next one.

2 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

the fact that she’s only 19. 

ah, hormones kickn' maybe then. 

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

For someone who’s been an outcast and grew up with a massive inferiority complex, it makes sense for Aloy to be the way she is. 

There’s no way the writers couldn’t make her someone who doesn’t believe in herself to change the world. 

For someone who's been an outcast in her early childhood is always thinking about saving those all the time with her life yet behaving like she doesn't care for any of them and flark you all, building a superiority complex because reasons.. 

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

I hope she’s more arrogant and cocky in the sequel :wOOtjumpy:

And I hope we don't get a sequel now. devs should focus on new wonderful IP's than making aloy (more) cocky. 

50 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

ah, hormones kickn' maybe then. 

For someone who's been an outcast in her early childhood is always thinking about saving those all the time with her life yet behaving like she doesn't care for any of them and flark you all, building a superiority complex because reasons.. 

And I hope we don't get a sequel now. devs should focus on new wonderful IP's than making aloy (more) cocky. 

With development times taking around 4 years for one AAA game, it’s best to complete the story before moving on to new IPs. Hoping there is a DLC in development. 

Also nowadays criticizing any other race and gender aside from white cis man will invite some silly misogynist /racist/ some gender phobia drama. 

• Like 1