Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

To test this, I played through the first few hours of the game on both consoles; a launch version of the PS5 and a base PS4 model. In terms of pure visuals, the difference is negligible. Textures on the PS5 are smoother, there’s more detail in some scenes, and overall, the image looks cleaner and has much-improved lighting. There’s some noticeable pop-in on the PS4, particularly during cutscenes, but no major graphical hitches; these issues are also a bit more noticeable when you’re moving very fast on one of the game’s mounts and the world is speeding past. The most glaring difference in my experience (because it’s something you’re looking at constantly) is that Aloy’s hair looks more realistic on the PS5, particularly as it moves around while she’s jumping. In fact, when you put images of the two versions side by side, it can be hard to tell which is which.

No need to buy a PS5 ?

Honestly, the differences mentioned are pretty significant. Better textures, better details, cleaner image and improved lighting - I mean what more do you want ?

7 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Honestly, the differences mentioned are pretty significant. Better textures, better details, cleaner image and improved lighting - I mean what more do you want ?

Yeah I mean even to the naked eye you can see significant upgrades in geometry and detail apart from other things. 

30 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

So what if BB got 7? Reviews are personal opinion and each every review done by different individual. Is it too hard for PS guys to understand? 

Didn't polygon give Tlou 7? 

Bloodborne had lot of frame rate issues and other technical issues on PS4. Library section was slide show for me. I loved BB but i can totally understand someone not liking it and giving it 7 and 7 on their website is considered Good on their review scale.  

Really don't understand why PS folks getting butt hurt over one review and comparing old past review scores which are all done by different reviewers. If it was same guy doing it then i could have understand but all those reviews done by different people. Lol.

Personally I don't understand why Xbots are coming to the defence of a site blacklisted by Sony after their comedy review of DS, well I do understand but still. Their average review score is 0.1 above MC so they are in line for all games, just that their Sony scores are way below MC average. People are not dumbasses, they can see through the fking bias.

[quote]He typing on Twitter and  Horizon DLC has a long a*s name and on Twitter you got limit to how much sh*t you can type lol.[/quote]

Frozen Wilds has less letters than Forbidden West. Come on now, at least defend better :lol: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

So now there’s no graphical difference between PS4 and PS5 version???

:roflroll:

Ya.. beyond the obvious resolution bump and texture improvement, they are mostly the same..

Big L for people who were saying ps5 version is built from ground up and extra 10$ is justified :rofl:

same is gonna happen with GT and GOW R

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Ya.. beyond the obvious resolution bump and texture improvement, they are mostly the same..

Big L for people who were saying ps5 version is built from ground up and extra 10$ is justified :rofl:

same is gonna happen with GT and GOW R

Don’t think anyone here said it was built from the ground up for the PS5

1 hour ago, Snake said:

More Eye candy but game design keeping PS4 in mind.

No one here said there's no difference. I mean PS5 version looks and plays much better in every way. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Personally I don't understand why Xbots are coming to the defence of a site blacklisted by Sony after their comedy review of DS, well I do understand but still. Their average review score is 0.1 above MC so they are in line for all games, just that their Sony scores are way below MC average. People are not dumbasses, they can see through the fking bias.

[quote]He typing on Twitter and  Horizon DLC has a long a*s name and on Twitter you got limit to how much sh*t you can type lol.[/quote]

Frozen Wilds has less letters than Forbidden West. Come on now, at least defend better :lol: 

Not defending. Iam checking Stevivor reviews for first time. 

Just curious why PS fanboys so butt hurt over one guy personal opinion. Why there's a need to list all their old reviews?

There's lot of drama and butt hurt ps fanboys all over Twitter bashing this one website and you all bringing same sh*t here. :P

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Game is made for PS4 in mind. 

PS5 version just extra eye candy but design of the world and all made keeping PS4 in mind.

Or was it built from scratch for ps5 and scaled down to ps4?

also, I think god of war Ragnarok is being built from scratch for ps4 and scaled up for ps5 

what are the actual developer comments for both games?

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Yeah, seems like it for casual viewing 

if someone does A-B testing they’ll be hard pressed to be 100% sure whixh is which

ps4 hfw version is perhaps the pinnacle of ps4 games 

4 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Or was it built from scratch for ps5 and scaled down to ps4?

also, I think god of war Ragnarok is being built from scratch for ps4 and scaled up for ps5 

what are the actual developer comments for both games?

Doesn't matter bro.

No developer has PS5 specific engines ready. If they had them, PS5 versions would look way different than what's currently available.

That's the reason for cross gen galore.