STAR WARS: Squadrons

Heaven Angel

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, b!T said:

Has anyone played it here? how is it? want to try VR but am worried whether I will get dizzy in 15 mins.

Surprisingly good game. No idea about VR but probably very good. If you like dogfighting, then worth a short. 

Campaign is pretty much "get used to the basic stuff and the game". Online is completely different beast and has a high skill ceiling. 

Community love for this game is so big that EA went ahead and announced new content update last week. 

November update

mav-nov-fostar-01-wm.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.

• New Map: Fostar Haven
  • New Components

December Update

sws-november-content-drop-16x9.jpg.adapt

• Two New Starfighters
  • Custom Matches
Edited by Joe Cool
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Campaign is pretty much "get used to the basic stuff and the game". Online is completely different beast and has a high skill ceiling. 

I will never play this online due to lack of time. How is the campaign? is it worth spending 1550 bucks on this for campaign alone? I really want to play it in VR but non VR is also fine. Itching for a good dogfight game , now that Ace combat is done.

50 minutes ago, b!T said:

I will never play this online due to lack of time. How is the campaign? is it worth spending 1550 bucks on this for campaign alone? I really want to play it in VR but non VR is also fine. Itching for a good dogfight game , now that Ace combat is done.

I wouldn't really buy it for campaign. But VR experience can be different, so could be worth. 

Why not try EA Play first? $5 and you will get 10% off if you decide to buy the game. 10 hours playtime and bunch of other games to check out. 

18 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I wouldn't really buy it for campaign. But VR experience can be different, so could be worth. 

Why not try EA Play first? $5 and you will get 10% off if you decide to buy the game. 10 hours playtime and bunch of other games to check out. 

Squadrons is there on EA play?? I don't have a PC now and this 10 hour stuff is only there on PC, yeah? Have EA play on PS4 and have gamepass. Don't see squadrons there.

17 minutes ago, b!T said:

Squadrons is there on EA play?? I don't have a PC now and this 10 hour stuff is only there on PC, yeah? Have EA play on PS4 and have gamepass. Don't see squadrons there.

Hmm, usually all games get 10 hour trial but reports seem to be conflicting. Some say there is trial while others say trial not showing up. 

EA Play also provides full game trials for a variety of releases, allowing you to enjoy an uninterrupted 10 hours of gameplay. Here's a list of all EA Play full game trials currently available on PS4.

• EA Sports UFC 4
  • FIFA 21
  • Madden NFL 21
  • NHL 21
  • Star Wars: Squadrons

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-included-ea-play-games-on-ps4

While others unable to find the trial button. ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSquadrons/search?q=trial&restrict_sr=on

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Hmm, usually all games get 10 hour trial but reports seem to be conflicting. Some say there is trial while others say trial not showing up. 

EA Play also provides full game trials for a variety of releases, allowing you to enjoy an uninterrupted 10 hours of gameplay. Here's a list of all EA Play full game trials currently available on PS4.

• EA Sports UFC 4
  • FIFA 21
  • Madden NFL 21
  • NHL 21
  • Star Wars: Squadrons

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-included-ea-play-games-on-ps4

While others unable to find the trial button. ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSquadrons/search?q=trial&restrict_sr=on

17 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I can see the trial on EA Play PC.

Can probably finish the campaign within 10hrs but I too want to play this in VR.

Thanks guys, it seems I do have 10 hours trial. Never saw this before :wallbash:

Screenshot-20201123-171137.jpg

Edited by b!T

37 minutes ago, b!T said:

And also, HLTB says it takes 9 hours to complete the campaign, this is going to be a run against the clock :lol:

You can't. :P Trial has only access to 2 missions campaign and other stuff is MP. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

You can't. :P Trial has only access to 2 missions campaign and other stuff is MP. 

Thanks for the heads-up. Was thinking of subscribing to EA play on PS4 just to play this in VR :lol:

Guess I'll wait for a further price drop.

• 3 weeks later...