Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
roun90

Shows in place of E3 in June and July 2020

Recommended Posts

Absolute sh*t show.
I got up early for this :doh: 

 

I just wanted to watch the show for Battlefield. Looks like no battlefield this year.

Only good thing is criterion is back making racing games. About time someone made a good arcade racing game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope in Dragon Age 4 they don't have a continuation of that retarded mage vs templar bullshit story again.

 

In DA3 they had a side story of the bald elf dude in your  party being not what he seems, and then into a full blown story DLC where he is an elvish wolf god or something, and he's doing some "preparations" basically.

 

Hope we get darkspawn and archdragon as main villains again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




 
Hope we get darkspawn and archdragon as main villains again.


This has exactly what made the first game so special, Infact i like DAO more than the entire Mass Effect series combined because of the story and scale of the game along with the amazing characters.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I hope in Dragon Age 4 they don't have a continuation of that retarded mage vs templar bullshit story again.

 

It will continue. Bioware have kept on leaving that plot point never finished, and it explores racist and exploitation themes (Exploitation against those who are "different" and "other"). Entire Religions and Kingdoms in Dragon Age are set up based on that plot point (Andraste religion which discriminates) (Kingdom-wise Orlais which champions the Templars and Discrimination and Tevinter Imperium which champions mages and discrimination on the other side). Heck they even set up a Pope/Black Pope situation between them. Since discrimination is the current Flavor of the Year Topic in Real World, plus they have a juicy one all set up, mage/templar will show up again - maybe even as a prime focus story point.

 

21 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Hope we get darkspawn and archdragon as main villains again.

 

Doubt this will show up again, at least as main villains. It's a case of "Already been there and done that". The Darkspawn/Archdemon villain trope itself is such that it cannot go further. For example, if they do it again - it will again be the same scenario where we go to each kingdom, convince them of the threat and set aside their differences as a Grey Warden. The game will again end with a choice of sacrificing yourself/some arcane ritual (Might be bad) to save yourself. Would be a re-thread.

 

That said, they can show up as side-villains/not the main focus, or even some quests of trying to cure the Arch Demon/Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, roun90 said:

 

It will continue. Bioware have kept on leaving that plot point never finished, and it explores racist and exploitation themes (Exploitation against those who are "different" and "other"). Entire Religions and Kingdoms in Dragon Age are set up based on that plot point (Andraste religion which discriminates) (Kingdom-wise Orlais which champions the Templars and Discrimination and Tevinter Imperium which champions mages and discrimination on the other side). Heck they even set up a Pope/Black Pope situation between them. Since discrimination is the current Flavor of the Year Topic in Real World, plus they have a juicy one all set up, mage/templar will show up again - maybe even as a prime focus story point.

 

 

Doubt this will show up again, at least as main villains. It's a case of "Already been there and done that". The Darkspawn/Archdemon villain trope itself is such that it cannot go further. For example, if they do it again - it will again be the same scenario where we go to each kingdom, convince them of the threat and set aside their differences as a Grey Warden. The game will again end with a choice of sacrificing yourself/some arcane ritual (Might be bad) to save yourself. Would be a re-thread.

 

That said, they can show up as side-villains/not the main focus, or even some quests of trying to cure the Arch Demon/Dragon

 

Bioware has been doing this before it is the flavor of the season Also OP mages vs some dudes on Lyrium and Mages are the oppressed ones :rofl:

I never understood this,It's like X-men series mutants have all the most bomb powers known to man, and they are the "oppressed" folks :lol:

 

Hope our bald elvish god gets a larger role.The forest elves in DA are still seething about being btfo by Humans long ago.

 

Btw Mage-Templar has been main story point since last 2 DAs, DA2 had a Man of Steel Templar boss-woman powered by red lyrium, and DA3's whole story was based on a magical bomb blast at mage-templar conclave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

 

Bioware has been doing this before it is the flavor of the season Also OP mages vs some dudes on Lyrium and Mages are the oppressed ones :rofl:

I never understood this,It's like X-men series mutants have all the most bomb powers known to man, and they are the "oppressed" folks :lol:

 

Hope our bald elvish god gets a larger role.The forest elves in DA are still seething about being btfo by Humans long ago.

 

Btw Mage-Templar has been main story point since last 2 DAs, DA2 had a Man of Steel Templar boss-woman powered by red lyrium, and DA3's whole story was based on a magical bomb blast at mage-templar conclave

 

In DA1 it was a plot point that was not much focused on at all. Heck, in DA1 people could literally mistake the Andraste Religion as a cult, rather than the main state religion it was developed into later on. It became a plot point since DA2, but DA2 onwards, the games were just not as good as DA1. Not Andromeda levels bad, but not Origins level good either. The games were just bland and mediocre.

 

Mages are the "Opressed Ones" because Lyrium is very effective against mages. It can shut down their magic quite easily. Plus, you have mages themselves going mad on a regular basis from the demons of the Fade. Then you have the traitors to the mages like Vivienne, who will gladly kill all mages if it gets her brownie points and more money/luxury from the Andraste Cultists. Plus, the general populace hates them, so the remaining good mages, generally receive no support and are hunted on all sides.

 

As far as the hate against mutants goes, in the X-Men movies it makes no sense. Mutants should pretty much be able to overpower anyone. But in the comics, you also have organizations like the Avengers and people like the Scarlet Witch against the Mutants. So over there, mutants being suppressed makes more sense. In Marvel, definition of "Mutants" is just being born with power on Earth (X-Gene). If you obtained power from other sources (Captain America/Iron Man/Hulk etc.) or are an alien (Thor/Loki etc.) or alien/non-Earth based powers (Captain Marvel/Fantastic Four etc.) then you're all good. You are not a mutant and will not face much discrimination. Heck, you even have the privilege of discriminating against mutants.

 

"Elves" plot point is good, but Bioware has been consistent in ignoring it, in favor of mages. Plus I would say the Elves Wolf God being a bald guy and Dragon God being an Old woman is just sh**ng on elves wouldn't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, roun90 said:

 

In DA1 it was a plot point that was not much focused on at all. Heck, in DA1 people could literally mistake the Andraste Religion as a cult, rather than the main state religion it was developed into later on. It became a plot point since DA2, but DA2 onwards, the games were just not as good as DA1. Not Andromeda levels bad, but not Origins level good either. The games were just bland and mediocre.

 

Mages are the "Opressed Ones" because Lyrium is very effective against mages. It can shut down their magic quite easily. Plus, you have mages themselves going mad on a regular basis from the demons of the Fade. Then you have the traitors to the mages like Vivienne, who will gladly kill all mages if it gets her brownie points and more money/luxury from the Andraste Cultists. Plus, the general populace hates them, so the remaining good mages, generally receive no support and are hunted on all sides.

 

As far as the hate against mutants goes, in the X-Men movies it makes no sense. Mutants should pretty much be able to overpower anyone. But in the comics, you also have organizations like the Avengers and people like the Scarlet Witch against the Mutants. So over there, mutants being suppressed makes more sense. In Marvel, definition of "Mutants" is just being born with power on Earth (X-Gene). If you obtained power from other sources (Captain America/Iron Man/Hulk etc.) or are an alien (Thor/Loki etc.) or alien/non-Earth based powers (Captain Marvel/Fantastic Four etc.) then you're all good. You are not a mutant and will not face much discrimination. Heck, you even have the privilege of discriminating against mutants.

 

"Elves" plot point is good, but Bioware has been consistent in ignoring it, in favor of mages. Plus I would say the Elves Wolf God being a bald guy and Dragon God being an Old woman is just sh**ng on elves wouldn't you?

 

That is just cover for whatever shady sh*t he is planning :lol:

20 foot glowing Tolkien elf god with fancy tattoos would draw too much attention.

 

I wish they would give us something related to the Tevinter Imperium too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PhantomShade said:

 

That is just cover for whatever shady sh*t he is planning :lol:

20 foot glowing Tolkien elf god with fancy tattoos would draw too much attention.

 

I wish they would give us something related to the Tevinter Imperium too.

 

I was not hoping for that. I was hoping for the Wolf God to be - you know - a Wolf. Not a bald homeless person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...