FIFA 2020

Engineer

11 minutes ago, msplash9 said:

Do we have Indian international team in FIFA 20 ? Would like to know before buying. Thanks

Yes.

India ** (Generic kits and crests and generic players). Teams have generic kits and crests, but authentic players unless otherwise noted.

22 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Yes.

India ** (Generic kits and crests and generic players). Teams have generic kits and crests, but authentic players unless otherwise noted.

Could you please share any screen shot of India squad ? . I would love to choose some young player in Indian team (like Sahal) and get them to Premier league or la liga :D

20 hours ago, msplash9 said:

Could you please share any screen shot of India squad ? . I would love to choose some young player in Indian team (like Sahal) and get them to Premier league or la liga :D

Here

unknown.png

All are ageing players. Ginti is 26 who is youngest. Good thing you can edit all teams/players as you like. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
10 minutes ago, Joyous said:

I can see some other EA titles in steam. I want to get fifa 20 from steam as origin is a mess.

When fifa 20 come to steam?

Soon?

This week announcement if it's coming (mostly it is). Though bit pointless to buy it now with season ending and FIFA 21 coming in September (will be on Steam). 

• Like 1

This week announcement if it's coming (mostly it is). Though bit pointless to buy it now with season ending and FIFA 21 coming in September (will be on Steam). 
Thanks very much. Fifa providing any trial period ?

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing this for about 2 months now.
I'm really struggling in Rivals games. Hardly managed to win ~10 games till now I guess while drawing almost the same number and losing majority of about 50 games played till date.

I'm in Div 7 right now and around 525 skill rating. I keep bouncing between Div 7 & 8.
The main problem is I get matched up against opponents with full squad of OP 90+ rated players all the time. Is matchmaking broken in this game that I'm getting matched with players from top divisions?
I have seen a lot of vids on proper custom tactics n all. But it hasn't helped me that much.. Somehow the opponent players always manage to block all my passes.

Any tips to improve my game?

29 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

The main problem is I get matched up against opponents with full squad of OP 90+ rated players all the time. Is matchmaking broken in this game that I'm getting matched with players from top divisions?

Heh. 

The main problem with Rivals is EA. They screwed up by putting objectives there and majority of players from higher division relegated to lower divisions to get objectives completed fast and easy.

Second, post TOTS season is pretty much just dedicated players and all have god squads. 90+ is very common during this time.

31 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

I have seen a lot of vids on proper custom tactics n all. But it hasn't helped me that much.. Somehow the opponent players always manage to block all my passes.

What is your team? What formation and tactics you play? 

18 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Second, post TOTS season is pretty much just dedicated players and all have god squads. 90+ is very common during this time.

Yes I understand its easy to have good squads but I'm surprised when I see so many people 99 VVD, 99 KDB along with couple of icons in same squad..

18 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

What is your team? What formation and tactics you play? 

I'm using these 2 squads at the moment :-
Squad-1.png  Squad-2.png

Default formation is 442 and tactics is stay forward while defending for the 2 strikers and stay behind for the full backs. Rest everything is on balanced/default. Team tactics is 3 depth and press after loss of possession.

In game then I would switch to this :-
Custom.png
With constant pressure and 5 depth. Get in behind & stay forwards for attackers.

But I feel I get more success out of the default 442 balanced setup comparatively.
A big issue for me is somehow my opponent always manages to intercept most of passes and my forwards would rarely make that run behind the defenders..
In the 2nd half of the game most of my 90 pac guys decide they dont want to run anymore. They act as if they have only 60 pac.

Also any tips for shooting. Somehow I have seen my opponents would shoot from edge of the box and still score. But I tend to miss many clear chances. Most of the time it goes wide..

Edited by goDofWar_skr

Yes I understand its easy to have good squads but I'm surprised when I see so many people 99 VVD, 99 KDB along with couple of icons in same squad..

Afraid it is pretty easy for regular players and whoever played during TOTS season. Lots of red cards from weekend league.

442 is very balanced formation and works against most of the meta formations very well.

Squads aren't bad but NIF cuts don't cut in. Some of those specials are kind of outdated. Can use better strikes, etc. 

No good CDM in 4231 squad. Golovin and Perišić aren't fit there. Rather use Perišić as LCAM and cut Golovin. Schulz-Delaney can't keep up well against current quads. You should use La Liga backline as Mendy-Eder-Ramos are solid. 

You should also try to get 100 chem (though I don't believe in chemistry but still best to have 100 while keeping some players off chem is fine). 

A big issue for me is somehow my opponent always manages to intercept most of passes and my forwards would rarely make that run behind the defenders..

Sounds like pressure on heavy touch and opponents run non-stop with their midfielders and attackers.

With constant pressure and 5 depth. Get in behind & stay forwards for attackers.

Constant pressure is bad. Try balanced or pressure on heavy touch. 

Instructions - balanced on wide players if playing 4231. High stamina -> come back on defense; else stay forward.

Fullbacks - stay back. 

CDM 1 - stay back / cover center 

CDM 2 - balanced / cover center

CMs - balanced / cover center

Also any tips for shooting. Somehow I have seen my opponents would shoot from edge of the box and still score. But I tend to miss many clear chances. Most of the time it goes wide..

Timed shooting off. Go for near post finish. If you have TOTS / high finishing players, low driven shots work very well too.

At this stage really having better players = better result and less frustration. Though I wouldn't suggest grinding out this late. 

Finally was able to climb a little bit up the ladder. At 850 skill rating now in Div 6.
Also qualified for the WL for the first time now..

"Balanced" is the key! Just keeping the full backs at stay behind. Otherwise everyone else is on default/balanced.
Another thing which helped a lot was to change the camera settings.. Setting it to "co-op" instead of "tele" made a lot of difference. I could now see more of the pitch and my players position more easily hence passing improved a lot.
Now I need to work on my shooting. Need to stop missing those one on one chances against GK. Most of the time, I would successfully chip the GK only to see the ball going wide instead of the net.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:49 PM, Joe Cool said:

No good CDM in 4231 squad. Golovin and Perišić aren't fit there. Rather use Perišić as LCAM and cut Golovin. Schulz-Delaney can't keep up well against current quads. You should use La Liga backline as Mendy-Eder-Ramos are solid. 

Was able to improve the squad quite a lot with these SBCs.. Now I have this :-

Capture.png  which I play as Capture2.png  or  Capture3.png

and 

Capture4.png which again I play Capture5.png  or  Capture6.png

That Mbappe card is too good. Even my other 94 rated players don't feel as good as him. And that Perisic card is sh*t.. I read people praising him a lot but he has been nothing but poor for me. So I get mad and put him in CDM spot when he does anything stupid upfront

Edited by goDofWar_skr

4 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Also qualified for the WL for the first time now..

Enjoy. WL is way better than Rivals and enjoyable despite 30 games in 3 days. 

15 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Another thing which helped a lot was to change the camera settings.. Setting it to "co-op" instead of "tele" made a lot of difference. I could now see more of the pitch and my players position more easily hence passing improved a lot.

I usually play on tele broadcast custom 18-2 setting. But since I use ultrawide, entire pitch is visible and gives nice advantage with passing and buildup. 

16 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

That Mbappe card is too good. Even my other 94 rated players don't feel as good as him. And that Perisic card is sh*t.. I read people praising him a lot but he has been nothing but poor for me. So I get mad and put him in CDM spot when he does anything stupid upfront

Some cards are boosted too much and Lottin kid is one of them. Neymar is another one along with Yedder and Ousmane. Super annoying to be honest. 

Perišić isn't good this year despite having 5WF as he is tall and that doesn't suit for this game. 

• 1 month later...

My 4th or 5th WL and finally managed to achieve this.. Most likely bcos the game is almost dead now and more dead on PC anyways 

FIFA-20-Screenshot-2020-08-16-23-34-34-7

After always ending on Gold 2/3 this was my best ever finish for the final WL that I will ever play on FIFA 20..
Pack luck has been complete sh*t for me as always and packed none of the top tier players throughout the 2 months I played the game.
Its been so sh*t that I always got exactly an 86 rated on the 86+ sbcs and similar on those 89+ sbcs..
But thankfully the SBCs were good enough to acquire some good players. But its too much stress now playing these WL games so I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead :tongue:

The custom Stadium edition is amazing. Adds a nice touch. No Fitness cards is a relief. 

Too bad it is still PingPong 2020. Hope they overhaul gameplay in 2021. 

Miss playing footy games. Even pes is not that good past 2 years. 

• 4 weeks later...

IMG-20200910-WA0013.jpg

:panic::panic::panic:

Finally i got a real endgame card, so delighted on packing him. Then i asked, why now lol. Now atleast i can get the players i want to buy to improve my team that struggled in WL everytime bcoz of 7 chem Ramos and lack of a second meta striker. 1 more week then....hooraaayyy :dance:

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 11:52 PM, goDofWar_skr said:

My 4th or 5th WL and finally managed to achieve this.. Most likely bcos the game is almost dead now and more dead on PC anyways 

FIFA-20-Screenshot-2020-08-16-23-34-34-7

After always ending on Gold 2/3 this was my best ever finish for the final WL that I will ever play on FIFA 20..
Pack luck has been complete sh*t for me as always and packed none of the top tier players throughout the 2 months I played the game.
Its been so sh*t that I always got exactly an 86 rated on the 86+ sbcs and similar on those 89+ sbcs..
But thankfully the SBCs were good enough to acquire some good players. But its too much stress now playing these WL games so I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead :tongue:

One thing i can agree on, packs were so bad this week that i only got fodder reds. Then they saw my pre-order and decided to give me a tradable TOTSSF Neymar. :giggle: