It Takes Two

Heaven Angel

On 10/14/2021 at 10:29 AM, playstationdude said:

Why is he constantly pointing out coop adventures are here to stay? Who said co op is dying?

Yeah. Was surprised to that as well. :lol:

The number of fun coops on Switch is high, but hey, it's not a dudebro console, so doesn't count. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The list of couch multiplayer games on Xbox, ps is very, very short. 

We almost always default to mario kart for couch MP. The catalogue is pitiful though for single player non arcade games. 

Tons of Switch games for coop:

Arms

Moving Out

Splatoon 2

Keep 

Super Mario Party

Mario Party Superstars

Overcooked

NSMB

ACNH

Super Mario Maker 2

Big Brain Academy

Switch 1-2

SSBU

Kirby Fighters

Mario Tennis

Luigi's Mansion

Clubhouse Games

Keep talking and no one explodes

Snipperclips

Mario + Rabbids

Captain Toad

Death Squared

Lovers in Dangerous Spacetime

Unravel two

Cuphead

The Stretchers

Knights and Bikes

Even Mario Odyssey ! 

Many more games I don't remember. It's a local MP machine. 

How many of those are adventure games? How many of those games play like A Way Out or It Takes Two? 

Most of the co-op games are just another player/AI dropped into the existing game. His games are fully built for co-op adventure ground up with full interaction between 2 players and the game. Can't even play solo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

How many of those are adventure games? How many of those games play like A Way Out or It Takes Two? 

Most of the co-op games are just another player/AI dropped into the existing game. His games are fully built for co-op adventure ground up with full interaction between 2 players and the game. Can't even play solo.

How many of them have you played ? Try Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime or Keep talking (or everyone explodes). 

Just because ITT has a particular play style does not make everything else redundant. 

And certainly there's no proof that coop is dead. It's just that online/couch coop gaming on Xbox/PS has catered to shooters more than any other genre. 

Of course games like ITT aren't common since they're purely built around coop (I know since I've the game but haven't been able to play it), but that tweet is just baseless. 

He didn't say co-op in general though? He said more games like ITT / co-op adventures which is what he makes. He didn't compare it to other co-op games at all nor was talking about it. 

All 3 of his games have been great co-op adventures. 

49 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It Takes Two is on a different level. 

A lot of thought went into making it purely coop experience. 

Every obstacle you clear has to be done cooperatively. If your partner screw up, you have to go back and do it together again.

42 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

He didn't say co-op in general though? He said more games like ITT / co-op adventures which is what he makes. He didn't compare it to other co-op games at all nor was talking about it. 

Ah. Yeah, my bad. Coop adventure, yes. It's a unique take. 

I haven't played Brothers, but I guess it follows the same formula, right ?

23 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

It Takes Two is on a different level. 

A lot of thought went into making it purely coop experience. 

Every obstacle you clear has to be done cooperatively. If your partner screw up, you have to go back and do it together again.

Really have to play this. Sometime during Christmas I guess. 

50 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Ah. Yeah, my bad. Coop adventure, yes. It's a unique take. 

I haven't played Brothers, but I guess it follows the same formula, right ?

Brothers isn't co-op. It's still unique though because it's a single-player game where you control two characters simultaneously.

Awesome f**king game with an equally awesome soundtrack. 

37 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Can we play PS with PS only, or is it cross platform coop like PS with Xbox/PC etc ? 

I'll need to find a partner for this. :fear1:

I also want to play this game.  I have it on xbox though. But i can get ea play 1 month on PS. And I mostly play on weekends :| 

Edited by GameAnalyzer

I believe the Switch version has 2 player co-op mode. The PC version doesn't but there is a workaround if you still want to play in co-op locally. Otherwise, the game is officially SP where you control both the characters.

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

I believe the Switch version has 2 player co-op mode. The PC version doesn't but there is a workaround if you still want to play in co-op locally. Otherwise, the game is officially SP where you control both the characters.

Didn't know that. I still think SP is the way to go for Brothers (for the first playthrough at least).

Edited by STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Brothers isn't co-op. It's still unique though because it's a single-player game where you control two characters simultaneously.

Awesome f**king game with an equally awesome soundtrack. 

Oh. My bad. Another back logged game. :fear1:

46 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I also want to play this game.  I have it on xbox though. But i can get ea play 1 month on PS. And I mostly play on weekends :| 

Let's exchange numbers via PM and see if it works ? 

38 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Play with your wife doc. It's the perfect game to play with SO. 

And the kids, when left alone, will possibly burn down the whole building. They are innocent monsters. :samui:

47 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

36 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Didn't know that. I still think SP is the way to go for this game (for the first playthrough at least).

ITT or Brothers ? ITT can be played by a single person, alone ?

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

He's talking about Brothers.

There's no way to play ITT solo. All the puzzles need two players working together unless you manage to grow two extra arms. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

He's talking about Brothers.

There's no way to play ITT solo. All the puzzles need two players working together unless you manage to grow two extra arms. 

Yeah, I was talking about Brothers. Should've worded it better.