FIFA 21

SRINI87

4 hours ago, Masterjack said:

You guys need to try the fifa 21 on Xbox series X/S or on ps5 . The game looks spectacular with the new camera angle as well .  

Looks amazing on my Xbox series S after the new fifa 21 game optimisation for next gen consoles . 

I skipped Fifa because of the atrocious gameplay. Well not atrocius but after having built many dream teams and the toxic people I decided to take a break. Scripting is such a PITA.

I'm waiting for PES to put up a decent fight since they've skipped a year.

PES is lot worse than FIFA 21 and 20. People still living in the past. Their UT version is even worse than FUT. 

Toxic players are in every online game. 

34 minutes ago, Masterjack said:

This entire thing went from :lol: to :mellow: to :rofl:

• Haha 1

Just now, Joe Cool said:

PES is lot worse than FIFA 21 and 20. People still living in the past. Their UT version is even worse than FUT. 

Toxic players are in every online game. 

They are, but they are more frequent or toxic here I think. I do't usually play online so that's why I'm biased. However Fifa is the only online game that makes me want to throw the controller sometimes. Happens with others too.

I just want PES to pressurise EA to improve Fifa 22.

Just now, abhinit90 said:

They are, but they are more frequent or toxic here I think. I do't usually play online so that's why I'm biased. However Fifa is the only online game that makes me want to throw the controller sometimes. Happens with others too.

I just want PES to pressurise EA to improve Fifa 22.

FIFA can get toxic really fast, I agree with that. Pro Clubs people always wanting the ball and when not getting, they get super mad. UT players will try to irritate you in worst way possible (waste time/shush and dab all the way to half line and send toxic messages). 

I don't get toxic 9/10 times but it does irk me when someone deliberately waste my time or watch every replay and dab. 

First time I decided to skip FIFA and am glad to be honest. Finally broke the yearly cycle and the way EA treating PC players with no next-gen upgrade, I don't like supporting it. 

Maybe next but no longer interested in UT where I end up spending more time playing menu than game (since menu is more profiting) and with EA pumping new shinny cards every week makes it harder for F2P to keep up at high divisions. The realism / playing football feel has gone completely when every kid just pumps in $$$ pace counters and sits back/waste time for win. No joy. 

I still enjoy co-op though. Had a blast last year. ?

58 minutes ago, Masterjack said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-02-surprise-ea-launches-fifa-21-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-and-s-free-upgrade-early

homeopathy seems to be working just fine for eurogamer as well I guess ?

Update is not live in Indian PSN. Just logged in my PS5 and checked. Only PS4 version there. No free PS5 upgrade option or any new update. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Unpopular opinion- Going forward, Fifa should be made subscription based/episodic. No point in single standalone (yearly) FIFA titles going forward.

Yes but people keeping buying it. No reason for publishers not to take money.

If FIFA was failing like PES, they would move to sub/upgrade option. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Yes but people keeping buying it. No reason for publishers not to take money.

If FIFA was failing like PES, they would move to sub/upgrade option. 

Maybe a once in two years title or something, supporting a particular version for 2 years atleast (giving updates) and then launching something innovative with the next iteration.

Edited by radicaldude

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Maybe a biannual title or something, supporting a particular version for 2 years atleast (giving updates) and then launching something innovative with the next iteration.

Yes but again, people are still spending $60+++ every year. No reason for EA not to take their money if people want to give them. Any publisher would.

FIFA is goldmine and with no competition, they have 0 reason to make it cheaper.

Personally I don't have problem with $60 yearly as I usually get 500-1000 hours out of it. FIFA becomes most value for the money if you are regular player.

For casual/once a while player, yeah, 2 year upgrade cycle is better. 

Just now, Joe Cool said:

Yes but again, people are still spending $60+++ every year. No reason for EA not to take their money if people want to give them. Any publisher would.

FIFA is goldmine and with no competition, they have 0 reason to make it cheaper.

Personally I don't have problem with $60 yearly as I usually get 500-1000 hours out of it. FIFA becomes most value for the money if you are regular player.

For casual/once a while player, yeah, 2 year upgrade cycle is better. 

I did not follow FIFA 21, actively. How are the reviews.

Madden got a lot of flak this year.

29 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I did not follow FIFA 21, actively. How are the reviews.

Madden got a lot of flak this year.

I wouldn't follow reviews for sports / online games. These reviewers don't even play 10 online games or higher division before slapping a score.

FIFA 21 is better than FIFA 20. Both gameplay and content. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

FIFA can get toxic really fast, I agree with that. Pro Clubs people always wanting the ball and when not getting, they get super mad. UT players will try to irritate you in worst way possible (waste time/shush and dab all the way to half line and send toxic messages). 

I don't get toxic 9/10 times but it does irk me when someone deliberately waste my time or watch every replay and dab. 

First time I decided to skip FIFA and am glad to be honest. Finally broke the yearly cycle and the way EA treating PC players with no next-gen upgrade, I don't like supporting it. 

Maybe next but no longer interested in UT where I end up spending more time playing menu than game (since menu is more profiting) and with EA pumping new shinny cards every week makes it harder for F2P to keep up at high divisions. The realism / playing football feel has gone completely when every kid just pumps in $$$ pace counters and sits back/waste time for win. No joy. 

I still enjoy co-op though. Had a blast last year. ?

Haha. I can totally related since I primarily play UT. I must have played my all time record high of about 1500 matches last year. Got my best teams ever but still looking back at it, not worth it.

Toxic messages, shushing and dabbing were real irritating to me. I don't mind losing but then time wasting for the entire half is not good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Again i'll ask why is this thread so dead, we got some FUT thread hidden somewhere ?

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Lots of people I know stopped playing FIFA finally. I didn't play 21 so not much update to this thread. 

How is your FUT going? 

Lockdown is the reason i started playing again so its going pretty good. Finally started trading properly and by toty i will have a team i've never had before in any fifa. :bigyellowgrin:

Why have you stopped playing, i'm sure many stopped playing but many new ones would have also come up, there is so much competition amongst indian players in weekend league.