Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers

GeraltOfRivia

1 hour ago, Madmage said:

So are we getting the game here in India ? Is there a English version?

The one releasing now is the English version. Jap version released last year around Feb for PS4 and Switch. 

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Any idea how long this one will be ? Some articles suggest around 30 hrs while some suggest 45-50 hrs. 

I personally would love the latter to be true, the longer the better. :dance:

Story is 40 hours..Total is 50 hrs with extras

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Good

• Stunning soundtrack that beautifully weaves every genre Persona 5 can possibly touch
  • New characters are strong additions with distinct personalities and purposes
  • Persona 5's style and mechanics are remarkably adapted for satisfying action-RPG combat
  • The spirited trip across Japan makes for great moments with these characters
  • The Phantom Thieves are as cool as ever, exhibiting their growth, strength and charm

The Bad

• Shortcomings in storytelling and a few clumsy tropes hinder the broader message
  • Overbearing exposition in dungeon exploration and during some major battles

On 2/10/2021 at 10:51 PM, roun90 said:

Any idea on how the PC Port performs? Especially KB+M support quality/ Titles like these tend to short-change the PC.

From the Mako Reactor :

https://themakoreactor.com/reviews/persona-5-strikers-pc-review-frame-rate-resolution-settings-keyboard-mouse-exclusive-content/22047/

The Persona 5 Strikers resolution options go all the way down to 640 x 360 from your monitor’s resolution making this a very scalable port alongside the options available to tune the performance for your setup. It is worth noting that texture quality is the only setting that requires a relaunch according to the description but I did have instances of the rendering scale not making a difference until I quit and launched the game again.

Persona 5 Strikers on PC also scales up and down really well.

On a laptop with an AMD Ryzen 5-3550H processor (2.1GHz Base speed up to 3.7GHz), 16GB DDR4 RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GPU, I could play Persona 5 Strikers at 1080p 60fps with a render scale setting of 1.5 and had no frame rate drops. I could play at 2.0 render scale and only had drops in some parts of the city and in some dungeon locations so this is a very well optimised port that looks gorgeous. Turning down the shadows helped here but I decided to continue my playthrough at 1.5 render scale and had no issues on this laptop barring a few random crashes that I couldn’t reproduce in the 40 or so hours I played on Steam.

Persona 5 Strikers has support for full keyboard and mouse controls and support for controllers as expected. I played Persona 5 Strikers with a PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, and Xbox Series X controller and had no trouble with button prompts (PS4 for PS5 DualSense controller) or support. I even set the Steam Controller Configuration for letting me take screenshots with the PlayStation button on the PS5 DualSense controller.

For keyboard and mouse, you can rebind just about everything from the looks of things including showtime being mapped to a single command instead of two at once. This port is definitely above and beyond what I usually expect for controls in a PC conversion of a Japanese game.

Sounds alright to me.

• Like 1

Just now, dekardia said:

From the Mako Reactor :

https://themakoreactor.com/reviews/persona-5-strikers-pc-review-frame-rate-resolution-settings-keyboard-mouse-exclusive-content/22047/

The Persona 5 Strikers resolution options go all the way down to 640 x 360 from your monitor’s resolution making this a very scalable port alongside the options available to tune the performance for your setup. It is worth noting that texture quality is the only setting that requires a relaunch according to the description but I did have instances of the rendering scale not making a difference until I quit and launched the game again.

Persona 5 Strikers on PC also scales up and down really well.

On a laptop with an AMD Ryzen 5-3550H processor (2.1GHz Base speed up to 3.7GHz), 16GB DDR4 RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GPU, I could play Persona 5 Strikers at 1080p 60fps with a render scale setting of 1.5 and had no frame rate drops. I could play at 2.0 render scale and only had drops in some parts of the city and in some dungeon locations so this is a very well optimised port that looks gorgeous. Turning down the shadows helped here but I decided to continue my playthrough at 1.5 render scale and had no issues on this laptop barring a few random crashes that I couldn’t reproduce in the 40 or so hours I played on Steam.

Persona 5 Strikers has support for full keyboard and mouse controls and support for controllers as expected. I played Persona 5 Strikers with a PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, and Xbox Series X controller and had no trouble with button prompts (PS4 for PS5 DualSense controller) or support. I even set the Steam Controller Configuration for letting me take screenshots with the PlayStation button on the PS5 DualSense controller.

For keyboard and mouse, you can rebind just about everything from the looks of things including showtime being mapped to a single command instead of two at once. This port is definitely above and beyond what I usually expect for controls in a PC conversion of a Japanese game.

Sounds alright to me.

Thanks a lot for the info!! Was waiting for that, because most Console devs just do bare-bones PC port which is very bad without even bothering to do basic proper KB+M Controls that will feel comfortable.