Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers

GeraltOfRivia

8 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Pre Order bonuses for Persona 5 Strikers (For both Standard and Digital Edition)

Pre-Ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition. The 4 day early access is too tempting and the digital deluxe bonuses seem well worth it.

Me too:dance:. Pre-load starts today or tomorrow, right? Sad that the game doesn't have best girl Kasumi though.

This weekend's going to be a good one.

Edited by Aloy

15 minutes ago, roun90 said:

No pre-load on Steam it seems (Where I got) :(

Will not even get mid-night launch on 19th in India I guess. Though I hope the extra graphics options makes up for it.

oh damn, that sucks. PS version unlocks at midnight...too excited lol

Game unlocked either at midnight yesterday or today morning itself. No pre-load, just download and play. Which is pretty fine since Steam's pre-load file unpacking takes more time than downloading the game directly. Able to max out all settings and getting a rock-steady 60 FPS (In fact it's so stable that I did not see the Steam FPS Counter go to 59 FPS Either even once. It was just stuck at 60). That too at Borderless Windowed Mode with Chrome opened at the side and Wallpaper Engine running at the back.

Was so awesome to go back to the World of Persona 5.

Some Screens:

First things first, explore Yongen Jaya to relieve old memories - which was awesome. Game also acknowledges the other areas and characters, though I did not meet them yet.

P6Ft2rj.png

Makoto's reputation preceeds her always (And her perfectionism towards others), Ryuji's laziness, Futaba's introverted Nerdiness, Yusuke's Art and Food Crusade, Haru's plants all were lovely to see and of course the old attic

0YrY7uS.png

GlO0DOB.png

vheFTiN.png

jT1uhls.png

Esczyib.png

VwNL4Km.png

8yxGV1w.png

H2vuuC1.png

YeNJ5yC.png

Calendar makes a return

DJ0RK0p.png

As does anime cutscenes

xfKWvZc.png

Some mystery bread-crumbs in the beginning, so story seems to be off to a good start. Not played much yet, will have to explore the game more.

• Like 3

This is my first time with a musou type game, and it's starting to grow on me.  At first it felt too uncontrollable and random, but once you get the flow, it's fun. All the turn based aspects of P5 mix well with the fast, at times chaotic combat. ~10 hours in and loving the game so far. The new characters are great, especially the guy. Feels like a proper sequel(in terms of story/presentation), rather than just a cash grab title. I'm so attached with the characters that a serviceable story and combat would have been fine, but this is beyond that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adity said:

The game's quality seems to be far higher than a typical musou game. 

I've no reference for this, but the game is indeed really polished so far. Good to see Atlus is handling the franchise properly. Milking is generally not good, but in this case it's working out very nicely.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Any SEGA/Atlus fans caught this? Would definitely see this movie in the theater :rofl: Wonder how the heck Koei Tecmo got it when this game was in development before said movie lol.

@adity @CarbonCore @Snake @GameAnalyzer

eWZioST.png

UnIaKjG.png

Lol yeah. Pretty nice reference

5 hours ago, roun90 said:

Any SEGA/Atlus fans caught this? Would definitely see this movie in the theater :rofl: Wonder how the heck Koei Tecmo got it when this game was in development before said movie lol.

@adity @CarbonCore @Snake @GameAnalyzer

eWZioST.png

UnIaKjG.png

lol, nice reference.

6 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Do i need to play all persona games until persona 5 to know the characters and story? never played turn based games wanna give it a try.

Persona games mostly are all standalone narrative wise even though they follow similar themes, for P5S you just need to have played p5/p5r

I was wondering, how are you guys switching b/w the characters? Playing just with the favourites or switching b/w all of them at regular intervals? SP is definitely not abundant and I don't like going in and out at every checkpoint so I just rotate b/w the characters when the current party is out of SP.

Also intentionally playing more with Haru 'cause the girl deserves more screentime lol