The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

The core concept of herd immunity is that 70% become infected and then cured, and they are immune due to antibodies. Virus then cannot transmit and remaining 30% are safe. However with Covid 19, we don't even know how long does that immunity last. 

12 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

The core concept of herd immunity is that 70% become infected and then cured, and they are immune due to antibodies. Virus then cannot transmit and remaining 30% are safe. However with Covid 19, we don't even know how long does that immunity last. 

and also, that 70% of the ppl would be cured, that alone is a wild guess.  How are they even determining such numbers :O ?

42 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Thoughts on this? 

Coronavirus treatment: Ramdev's Patanjali launches Coronil kit for ₹545

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/coronavirus-vaccine-coronil-patanjali-baba-ramdev-press-conference-live-updates-11592893304534.html

They should get proper clinical approval with ICMR and independent bodies.

But I believe it will work.

Delhi's yesterday number were highest daily count by any state/city in india since covid started. Even though delhi is size of a city :) 

Testing has increased alot in delhi though majority of them are rapid tests. But something is better than nothing. Also Delhi is testing more than Maharashtra since last few days which is a good thing. Thus cases count are bound to rise here. 

Hopefully action being taken by the state and center works out well.

Delhi - 3,788 cases today. 

A few cases have popped up in my society since today morning. 

Hopefully they stick to the rules and stay home. I saw one of their family members leaving the house for evening walk right now. :ranting:

Think I'm gonna have to stop going for a walk myself, probably not safe anyway. 

And just saw on news, Maharashtra government has ordered not to test Covid doubtful dead bodies. Soon that idiot Rajesh Tope will dance around with reduced death rate. I have uncontrollable urge to slap his teeth out whenever he appears on tv.

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

And just saw on news, Maharashtra government has ordered not to test Covid doubtful dead bodies. Soon that idiot Rajesh Tope will dance around with reduced death rate. I have uncontrollable urge to slap his teeth out whenever he appears on tv.

These 3 months have taught me one thing.

For appearances, govts can stoop to any level, even if  those attempts make them look totally evil.

And any govt, not just the ones run by particular party(s).

Second thing, India wants India to fail, because that woke feeling about being proven right is the only validation people need.

3 minutes ago, Right said:

These 3 months have taught me one thing.

For appearances, govts can stoop to any level, even if  those attempts make them look totally evil.

And any govt, not just the ones run by particular party(s).

Second thing, India wants India to fail, because that woke feeling about being proven right is the only validation people need.

Yes, people will rather die if that proves them right. Pathetic mentality.

52 minutes ago, Right said:

Who wants India to fail? Can you please elaborate? Honestly confused.