The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Since i last posted in this thread, massive change in our area. 
Bangalore South was least affected during the lockdown. Now, it has the most cases in Bangalore.
Lot of areas  are  completely getting sealed down from tomorrow. 

Atleast 10 cases in less than 500m radius. Things changed rapidly this past week. 

1 hour ago, Ph3N0M said:

Who wants India to fail? Can you please elaborate? Honestly confused. 

- those who hold degrees in jholi-jhanda courses but will give Gyaan on epidemics to Astrophysics

- those who blabbeted nonstop about "test test test" while at the same time saying "lockdown se kuch nahi hota"

India has too many experts who have expertise in every field than their own. In a way, we are becoming like US.
We want to take that high moral position w/o being practical at all.

Thousands of migrants walked to their home on empty stomachs, many died on their ways, everyone cried for them but it took Sonu Sood to really do something.aboit them.

3 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Since i last posted in this thread, massive change in our area. 
Bangalore South was least affected during the lockdown. Now, it has the most cases in Bangalore.
Lot of areas  are  completely getting sealed down from tomorrow. 

Atleast 10 cases in less than 500m radius. Things changed rapidly this past week. 

You know we should close that TN border.
Near my house, near Amrita college..10 popped just in a day.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/why-scores-people-are-leaving-chennai-city-126840

8 minutes ago, Right said:

You know we should close that TN border.
Near my house, near Amrita college..10 popped just in a day.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/why-scores-people-are-leaving-chennai-city-126840

Majority of the cases are imports from other states unfortunately. 
Hoping it'll reduce in next 2 weeks. 

40 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Basically anyone who criticises the central government and these days, whoever thinks "coronil" is bullshit. 

Folks who criticize the central govt dont want India to fail. This, right here is a major problem. Why is hard for people to criticize a govt for doing something wrong and appreciate it for doing things right.

It was a good move to initiate the lockdown early. But a crappy move to confuse people and give them a false sense of security and making them believe they've beat corona. See what I did there?

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Very bright move 

In this very thread someone told that girl was infected, she stayed in the family and then 30 yr old brother died, while she recovered?

none of the family members were tested but they should’ve been tested because they were primary contacts.

State govt would love if people stayed I. Home quarantine because they will not get tested, their deaths won’t get counted.

Edited by Right

9 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Folks who criticize the central govt dont want India to fail. This, right here is a major problem. Why is hard for people to criticize a govt for doing something wrong and appreciate it for doing things right.

It was a good move to initiate the lockdown early. But a crappy move to confuse people and give them a false sense of security and making them believe they've beat corona. See what I did there?

Criticising is good but one needs to have knowledge, qualification & reason to criticise.

all of a sudden there is panic among Bangaloreans, cases are increasing
majority of the opinion is Karnataka govt took foolish decisions in opening all borders and allowing people to come in

govt is now struggling to arrange beds, if a person is tested positive its taking more than 10 hours for him to get a bed allotted or they have to chose private hospital and take the financial burden.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Yeah right!! 

that guy & his team will make things worse  with their bright scientific ideas if anything 

At times common sense is needed. Don’t think either state or central govt are applying any scientific ideas

First thing he tried to do was a mandatory 5 day Institutional quarantine even for Asymptomatic cases. 
there is a reason why that is suggested. So that these asymptomatic and mild cases dont spread it to other people. Currently due to lack of either govt majority are staying at home quarantine and infecting their families and neighbours. Thats why u see a spike. Someone also mentioned here that covid positive home quarantined people are roaming around in their societies having walks etc. That is not how one is going to control the spread.

Imagine if someone got a false positive (which has happened a lot) he will be asked to go to a state sponsored quarantine home & become positive needlessly.

still the number of false positive will be insignificant as compared to the number of people who are for sure infected and not getting tested. In delhi if one is infected they were not even testing the remaining family for covid and are leaving it to them to keep a check on their health and inform the authorities if they dont feel good instead of testing them. Happened with a few of my acquaintances. 

Secondly institutional quarantine for 65k+ ppl all at once 

what a bright idea 

hasn’t happened anywhere in the world 

if nothing has happened over the world doesnt mean it cant be successful over here. Infact if successful we can show the world how it can be done. Why we only have to follow what has been done somewhere else? Every country is different and its not necessary that something which has been successful elsewhere will be viable here too and vice versa.

Now after all not one but all!! medical experts begged not to such a disastrous foolish blunder 

They are saying going for a check up at these institutional quarantine is a must & then it’ll be decided if you stay or go .

Same answer as above. First everyone was asking low testing low testing now when HM is helping with testing everyone is saying we dont want to go get tested. Still dont understand what do people want.

I mean at this time instead of encouraging ppl to get tested they our literally begging them not to get a test out of sheer fear of having to leave their home & stay on a khatiya in an ashram.

When covid started everyone who was tested positive was admitted no body did hue and cry at that time that they want to stay at home and get fit. Infact Home quarantine is an outcome of lack of beds and arrangements in hospitals/quarantine facilities it was no master stroke by any means. So asking people to stay in quarantine facilities is no different. Though it can be debated for sure. But its not that wild of a suggestion as it is being made out to be. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

What’s the point of increasing the testing rate if you discourage ppl from getting a test done in the first place 

This is worse than what Kejri did 

ppl wanted to get tests done & he didn’t allow 

Now ppl will avoid getting test done unless they need a hospital bed 

How is one discouraging by asking to get them tested?

if you are saying that they are getting discouraged by the thing that they have to stay in quarantine Center if they are found positive is getting them discouraged?

Then how is it different from admitting patients to hospital on being found positive when lockdown started? Everyone was fine with that? 1000s of people were going to hospitals to get admitted and tested and getting rejected. They were dying coz of lack of beds think about them too. Just for the convineance of few who want to get treated and also want the luxury to be staying at home should we stop the needy from getting the facilities? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maximus said:

Basically anyone who criticises the central government and these days, whoever thinks "coronil" is bullshit. 

Apparently even the central govt thinks so :lol:

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

What’s the point of increasing the testing rate if you discourage ppl from getting a test done in the first place 

This is worse than what Kejri did 

ppl wanted to get tests done & he didn’t allow 

Now ppl will avoid getting test done unless they need a hospital bed 

wait it is legit that they are doing house to house searching for infected in Delhi?

I thought it was just some WhatsApp news :fear:

10 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Lol what did they do? is this related to Thali Bajao and Diya Jalao PR events? :lol:

Seriously nobody gives a f**k about Corona now, and nobody would have without the Lockdown in place.

Only people who are doing corona corona now are the liberal establishment and the Bhakts, for anti-central govt/ pro-central govt reasons,

The average guy doesn't care, he never has, never will.

Already i am seeing people roaming without masks in my area :roflroll:

Indian public is mainly idiot, it isn't like the smart and obedient Japanese public, unless the sarkar waves the danda and does Lockdown etc people will not even behave during a plague or wartime or during some other emergency

31 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

The average guy doesn't care, he never has, never will.

This is bloody true. There are multiple positive cases in my building & probably hundreds more in the area but people have begun going on with their lives as normal. Thankfully most with masks on.

Civic sense is the most important thing now. Expectation that the government, be it left or right will come in and wave it's magic wand is extremely naive. 

I wrote about my tauji's passing on 11th June. Turns out that a nurse tested positive at the hospital and tauji's family was quarantined at home on 13th june in gurgaon. my sis and bro in law tested negative but my taiji tested positive. she is 65+ with no co-morbidities and has hardly felt a thing so far.

whole family is speculating if my tauji also got infected and got really very weak as he already had an operation and a dialysis. before operation he was tested twice or thrice for covid19. 

thankfully no one at the funeral got infected as everyone maintained distancing.

Edited by Bhpian Bali

1 hour ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Exactly.

and let’s all accept that there is no perfect solution for this and there will be mistakes made or one would find things against common sense but opposition just for sake of it, won’t help.

Delhi CM didn’t find it wrong when (asymptomatic) people were lining up for booze, jostling because it was making money for him but suddenly lines outside health centers are going to be catastrophic.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AnK said:

You are mixing up a lot of different things 

First up when this all started it was not a numbers game 

now it is

hundreds of cases can be provided favourable care

Thousands of cases can not be

Secondly Institutional quarantine is not equal to a hospital bed with oxygen facility 

& it is not about convenience 

it is about chaos 

no one wants to be in the middle of chaos 

all the medical fraternity is saying the same 

it is a huge discouragement for the general public to come out & get a test done 

they will just wait until they seriously get ill & need an actual hospital bed

not a khatiya with a fan over it & a water bottle besides it 

& 90% won’t need it 

they will just go about roaming without feeling a need to get tested 

The last thing an epidemiologist would want at this point is to discourage ppl from getting tested 

please factor in this particular scenario 

when lockdown started the whole point was that States have things in place to handle the spread when lockdown opens some states could do that some could not. I am not sure if you are from Delhi or not? Or are aware of the situation here. Trust me no one is discouraged by this.This is what people had been hoping for.

Our CM announced we have provision for 35k beds more than 2 months ago. But they had 0 provision. Its the same thing now diff being they are finally adding provision for beds. In the earlier plan too 35k beds were not to be given in hospitals, they were to be provided in stadiums, banquets, hotels, etc. same thing is being done now.just that center is interfering and implement that now and our CM is having issues. 

Also to tell u the truth my friends uncle is waiting for his test to be done since last 5 days and he is still in waitlist. there are plenty who still are not getting tested and want to get tested l. why are we bothered for the ones who dont even want to get tested due to “Discouragement”.  First test those Atleast who want to get tested and are fine with this move they are in plenty.

Also I dont know which guy will be discouraged to get fine. Sorry to say but this is ridiculous to hear that people dont want to get tested and get fine just because they might have to go to quarantine center or a 5 star hospital bed with all the facilities and home is important than protecting their families and themselves. 

what ur talking about, if such people do exist they won’t be in majority And would be insignificant compared to the once who want to get tested. Majority want to get fine by hook or crook. Simple.

PS: If possible please do watch Whatsapp videos going around they are informative for once. Else watch stings done by newschannels on youtube. For the condition of people in hospitals in delhi. And then tell me Do you see anyone who would not give anything to even go to a quarantine center?  

On 6/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, Ne0 said:

and also, that 70% of the ppl would be cured, that alone is a wild guess.  How are they even determining such numbers :O ?

It's not "cured", it's the percentage of people developing antibodies to the virus (either to the cover or RNA). We don't know yet IF long term antibodies are possible against SARS-COV2. In all seriousness, they are unlikely. We get hit with flu every year even though the virus has been there for decades. Most of these viruses adapt and mutate rapidly, so long term immunity is something we can't rely on. Even the flu vaccine works on limited strains of viruses, not all. 

So herd immunity is not a good idea. 

What will eventually happen is that the virus will pass through so many bodies and mutate to such an extent that the virulence may decreases (like H1N1 and others). So you will still see sporadic outbreaks, but containment would be easy. Ultimately we need a drug against it. That's our biggest hope. I am not too wild on vaccines. 

3 hours ago, adity said:

I've read that the coronavirus is different from the flu virus in that it has memory and retains it's structure and doss not mutate a lot. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567134820301829

Already underwent 200 mutations. And this was months ago. 

Even indian data finds 3-4 differently mutated strains across all infections. 

It's a virus. It will undergo mutation.

• Like 1

4800 cases in MH, 3400 in Delhi, 3500 in TN

TN is testing great, so they have a hope.

MH is sinking. It has reached NY levels.

Quite incredible that rest of India has just 5000 cases.

Edited by Right