The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

8 hours ago, adity said:

My mom and sister both got high fever one after the other and I was really spooked but thankfully, it has subsided in 1 day after getting medicine. Still taking precautions. Even I was feeling really tired today. Really hope its not corona. And even if it is, I hope the symptoms don't get worse since they're pretty manageable till now. Really don't have the mental strength to deal with government hospitals and all that shite rn. 

Well, if it's spreading to everybody, why not get a COVID test done ? 

Similar thing happened to a close friend and his family. One by one, starting with his mom, then his sister, then him, and finally his dad had mild fever, fatigue etc. Everybody recovered except his dad, who succumbed to respiratory distress after 10 days. Shocking to say the least. 

This was a family of doctors (including his dad), and they kept thinking it's a mild flu. 

14 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Numbers spiking rapidly in Hyderabad and Bangalore as well.. I think influx of ppl from other states and removing the lockdown causing the rise in numbers. 
Wont be surprised if both cities go into lockdown once again..

Got this in one of the group

On Saturday, the state reported as many as 918 new cases, 596 of which came from Bengaluru alone. It was not immediately clear, but the unusual surge could be the result of clearing of some backlog, which has been piling up in the state. Results of more than 11,500 samples are awaited as two key government laboratories had to close down after employees tested positive. The state is likely to report high numbers for the next few days, as the pendency is cleared.

Not sure about authenticity, but can be true as last two days have seen high numbers suddenly which is a bit surprising. 

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Got this in one of the group

Not sure about authenticity, but can be true as last two days have seen high numbers suddenly which is a bit surprising. 

783 yesterday i think

Not sure about clearing backlog. But there is definitely a spike in cases. I can see so many roads getting sealed down, and lot of people i know having cases in there road / appt buildings in this last week.
Hell, one of the people we know even died of covid last sunday. 

5 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

783 yesterday i think

Not sure about clearing backlog. But there is definitely a spike in cases. I can see so many roads getting sealed down, and lot of people i know having cases in there road / appt buildings in this last week.
Hell, one of the people we know even died of covid last sunday. 

ya the numbers have suddenly spiked, and ya best is to just sit on your asses at home (atleast for all of them sho can afford it)

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

ya the numbers have suddenly spiked, and ya best is to just sit on your asses at home (atleast for all of them sho can afford it)

It's super hot outside so the IceCream stalls and sugarcane juice stalls are running at full capacity now. No one wears a mask. Even the juice making guy doesn't. A lot of people think Lockdown is over means Corona is gone. 

It's super hot outside so the IceCream stalls and sugarcane juice stalls are running at full capacity now. No one wears a mask. Even the juice making guy doesn't. A lot of people think Lockdown is over means Corona is gone. 

ya i see lot of people in front of roadside coconut stalls too, this can not be stopped no matter what in our country. We as a country love flouting rules, and majority live with the concept of mujhe kuch nahin hoga. See the number of traffic law breaking idiots on normal days. Can't help it.

This sums it up perfectly.

210a71a7b14031bce23101b1c034703f.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Yea . True. I have not eaten anything outside since lockdown started. Haven't even ordered anything lolz. 
I hardly see crowd in any hotels. Lot of people are carful. Only a few idiots ruining it. 

4 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

We dont have the heat problem here in Bangalore.
Its been raining occasionally since a month, temperatures have come down.

End of lockdown = end of social distancing :Doh: 

ya i see lot of people in front of roadside coconut stalls too, this can not be stopped no matter what in our country. We as a country love flouting rules, and majority live with the concept of mujhe kuch nahin hoga. See the number of traffic law breaking idiots on normal days. Can't help it.

A worker in my office is going to attend a marriage tomorrow. Gathering of 100+ people. This is when I told him that few days ago a marriage had 16 people tested positive for Corona and family was fined 6 Lac. I don't know how people can be so ignorant. This is not the time to roam outside let alone have a celebration.

I went to office last thursday around 11am for lappy replacement  and it felt like a punishment. Never seen Hinjewadi IT park so empty, even on weekends it isnt that empty. 

Shops,Restaurants, tapris,hotels etc all deserted :(

ACs switched off so cant be putting mask all the time, came out like thrice to remove mask and get some fresh air. Sanitized my hands like gazillion times. I was just thinking of getting back home all the time. 

Only good thing was i got to reach 100 speed on my bike :P

How times have changed in a matter of months. Damm. 

1 minute ago, silentassassin said:

Yea . True. I have not eaten anything outside since lockdown started. Haven't even ordered anything lolz. 
I hardly see crowd in any hotels. Lot of people are carful. Only a few idiots ruining it. 

We dont have the heat problem here in Bangalore.
Its been raining occasionally since a month, temperatures have come down.

End of lockdown = end of social distancing :Doh: 

my last order on zomato/swiggy was on 10th Mar, phew never knew i could live without outside food. Honestly though craving is not there anymore, the only two things i missed were Momos and Biryani, i learnt to cook both of them to near Market taste now, so i am good. I go out for bike rides, alone, without stoppping anywhere and come back. Even if i stop, i stop where i don't see anyone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

A worker in my office is going to attend a marriage tomorrow. Gathering of 100+ people. This is when I told him that few days ago a marriage had 16 people tested positive for Corona and family was fined 6 Lac. I don't know how people can be so ignorant. This is not the time to roam outside let alone have a celebration.

exactly, BC uski shaadi thode na hai, that if he doesn't go marriage won't happen, but getting virus probability is so much higher. Shaadi pe jana hai, dawat khani hai, chutiye log.

Edited by AtheK

exactly, BC uski shaadi thode na hai, that if he doesn't go marriage won't happen, but getting virus probability is so much higher. Shaadi pe jana hai, dawat khani hai, chutiye log.

I refused my sisters new house inauguration lunch without caring how bad she might feel. I am glad she understood and had no issues with me missing the event. Zinda rahe to lunch + dinner dono karlunga.

1 minute ago, eddy4823 said:

I refused my sisters new house inauguration lunch without caring how bad she might feel. I am glad she understood and had no issues with me missing the event. Zinda rahe to lunch + dinner dono karlunga.

exactly even if people understood this, saala funeral attend karna hai logon ko, i understand if it is a family member, but bhai durr ka rishtedar. India main logon ke pass time bahut hai.

7 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

As @AtheK said people are stupid and think they’re invincible, until they or someone in their family is affected due to stupid decisions.

We are fighting two pandemics simultaneously, SARS-Cov-2 and Stupidly.

• Haha 1